Oh god the rules are a mess again!

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

cidervampire
Experienced
Experienced

Oh god the rules are a mess again!

Post by cidervampire »

The rules state you can only use teams from the 2003 review. It then goes on to list the teams but leaves our elf, necro, nurgle and khemri, namely all the teams that were added in the 2003 review and on the registration card there is a tick box section for team choice and there is no option to take these teams. What a mess!!! Not a suprise though!

Reason: ''
afraid nobody around here
understands my potato
guess i'm only a spudboy
looking for a real tomato
firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

No suprise at all, sent an email to them, i wont hold my breath for a reply though.

Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

I think the issue is being addressed

[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Hag Graef Dragons[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]1st UK :wink: NAF Dark Elf Coach[/size]
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Silvania Suckers[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]Most experienced :wink: NAF Vampire Coach[/size]
Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

It's a GW event. If they didn't give us extra value in something to complain about in the rules pack, what would we do with our time? :wink:

Am just hoping that the 'comedy night' in Bugmans isn't repeated... All we need when trying to catch up with people that we haven't seen in months is some halfwit attempting to do stand up.

Helping other players' rankings since 2004...
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

<bangs head repeatedly on desk>

Why don't they circulate the rules to the BBRC before printing them?

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Emberbreeze wrote:I think the issue is being addressed
After the rulespacks have been addressed. And indeed sent. :lol:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

So I take it the BBRC/Jervis has been told about this and is on the case - is this the chance for a decent system to be used?

Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

The "system"is fine.

There is confusion over teams available. When listed, you only get the 15 from BB, DZ and Lizzies, Norse and Amazons. Elsewhere it states that the LRB 3 is used (which should obviously include Elves, Nurgle, Necro and Khemri). I'd imagine that all Official Teams should be usable (otherwise why are they official) so they just need to clarify Ogre and Vamp use as well.

The only other clarification needed is possibly Star Player use. It's listed as doubling of cost, but we all know that effectively ends any use of them (a loud cheer from certain sections of the community). The 2004 Rules Review Cost IMO is a better judge of cost but I'm happy either way.

As far as points, aside from painting and sportsmanship, you get 13 for winning by 2 or more, 11 for winning by one, 8 for drawing, 5 for losing by one, 3 for getting stuffed. This will ensure that only winners of all games are in contention for the title (rather than a few big wins and a couple of draws maybe) but that you also get more credit for a comfortable win. I think that's quite sensible.

Having said that, in both of the two Bloodbowls (and despite the vast numbers involved and different scoring sets), only three people have won all their matches up to round five, and only one has won all six of their games. So you could argue that the points aren't really that decisive, as long as you reward the win.

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
TLAXTLAN CARNISAURS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TLAXTLAN CARNISAURS »

I've had a rant at the GW events team this morning saying that there are 4 official new teams released last year ( rotter's, vamps, pro elf and ogre ) so whats the ruling on using the products we all bought from GW to use in a GW event and the answer i got was.

"There was a bit of confusion when the rules pack went to print, and I'll have to double check the ogre team but all the others will be fine. We will be putting some clarification on the website soon."

:oops: :oops: :oops:

So there you have from the horses mouth GW organisational skills on top again "well done" (sarky tone there methinks) :evil: my vamps WILL be comming with me.

as will some 7s pitches for night time frivality :wink:

we are all worms, i think i'm a glo-worm
Iron Tom Foundry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Iron Tom Foundry »

Does this mean we can use Nurgles et al?
How will this work? Will GW send out a second entry form?
ARGGGH!
Can't cope with this confusion....I'll take my Dwarves again :lol:

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Could you also ask them what version of the rules should be used, and what the starplayer rules are (as double the 2004 RR is almost 800,000 for some stars :) ). Especially the Goblin Star Player rules :)

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

gobbo secret weapons??? :D :D

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
TLAXTLAN CARNISAURS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TLAXTLAN CARNISAURS »

Iron Tom Foundry wrote:Does this mean we can use Nurgles et al?
How will this work? Will GW send out a second entry form?
ARGGGH!
Can't cope with this confusion....I'll take my Dwarves again :lol:
yes we can use nurgles, vamps and pro elf for deffinate.

We will have to keep checking the bb site for updates.

(don't take dwarves you can't be that boring)

we are all worms, i think i'm a glo-worm
Myrmedon
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Myrmedon »

it was my understanding that ogre and vamps are only official since the Rules review 2004,
if they are in are the 2004 rules update? as if we are using 2003 rules review technically "off for a bite" isn't in there??

Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

I'm sure it is just an error that RR04 isn't the set of rules in the rules pack. I expect everything to be current at the BB, would be daft in the extreme if they weren't

case of Events not talking to SG enough

[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Hag Graef Dragons[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]1st UK :wink: NAF Dark Elf Coach[/size]
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Silvania Suckers[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]Most experienced :wink: NAF Vampire Coach[/size]