Results by Race

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

Dwarves playing easy!?

Who has ever tried them on a tournament knows how to play them or just is a person which doesn´t like to be injured.

I think I am the last one. :P

Reason: ''
Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

from my experience dwarf coaches are really lucky

dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Venomous Breath wrote: I have never used Goblins before, and I still managed two respectable wins, and noone can argue with my 14 casulties...it's the most I have caused in any tournament ever, regardless of race... :D
Bloody Hell. :o

I scored 14 casualties as well, but I had 5 strength 4 guys on my team. :x

(Still, at least you owe me a beer as my Lizzies have beaten your Lizzies rating.... :P :wink: )

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I knew I gonna be really busy at the BB so opted for Dwarves because they are simple.

Just throw blocks.

Took MB after every game..came away with 3 wins and a coupla draws.

Dwarves? Piece of piss to coach..bit like Orcs in that they're pretty forgiving as an easy option...throw blocks, watch the clock and you shouldn't lose many. Coaching them well enough to win a tourney is a different matter tho'.

Out of interest, what's the biggest tourney somebody's won with Dwarves to date?

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
dwarfcoach
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Deathwing wrote:I knew I gonna be really busy at the BB so opted for Dwarves because they are simple.
Oi!! :evil: :evil:

Deathwing wrote: Coaching them well enough to win a tourney is a different matter tho'..
Ahh, that's better :P .

Deathwing wrote: Out of interest, what's the biggest tourney somebody's won with Dwarves to date?
Dunno, after looking on the other thread in this section about which race has won which tourney, it appears Dwarfs have won but one tourny, Lucete 2004 (sorry about the spelling, it's late and I can't be arsed to go back and check it :wink: ). I'm not even sure what kind of tourney that was or how many guys went.

I have found that the Dwarfs need you stay focused a hell of a lot, alot more than with different races. To maximise your chances you have to be on the ball every single turn to take advantage of every square that you can grab to advance whilst merily kicking seven shades out of the oponent. Any little slip punishes you alot more than if your opponent makes a little slip.

My performance with Dwarfs last year sucks ass!! :-? :oops: :cry:

In my defence I was new to the tourney circuit and the whole scene. It took a good couple of tourneys with me doing great on the Saturday, getting mashed Saturday night and then having my ass handed to me on Sunday to figure out how to approach them. I'm doing alot better this year, gonna stick with the Lizzies and then maybe go back to Dwarfs in 2005.....

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

dwarfcoach wrote:I'm doing alot better this year, gonna stick with the Lizzies and then maybe go back to Dwarfs in 2005.....
Lets not be hasty here DC, why not bring your dwarves to the 'Bearded Snot' (I saw their NAF rating :lol: ) ?
There's some necros hungry for some revenge :lol: How many times have I lost to you now on Pbem? :lol:

Cheers

Leip :lol: :o :lol:

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
dwarfcoach

Post by dwarfcoach »

Leipziger wrote:
dwarfcoach wrote:I'm doing alot better this year, gonna stick with the Lizzies and then maybe go back to Dwarfs in 2005.....
Lets not be hasty here DC, why not bring your dwarves to the 'Bearded Snot' (I saw their NAF rating :lol: ) ?
There's some necros hungry for some revenge :lol: How many times have I lost to you now on Pbem? :lol:

Cheers

Hehe, it's ok mate, I've just seen how you did at the BB as well..... :-? :P :wink:

Anyway;

Don't worry about it mate, it was only one tourney. It took me a while but even you can work your way down to truly miserable in the ratings, it just takes perseverance and a refusal to learn from your own mistakes :D :D :) :-? :o :( :oops: :cry:

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

:D :D :D Always good to learn from a master! Thank God there's only 8 NAF Necro coaches in the UK (I'm currently #6, so the fall isn't going to be that far :lol: )

Cheers

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
kadu-c
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by kadu-c »

Deathwing wrote:Out of interest, what's the biggest tourney somebody's won with Dwarves to date?
Yes I confirm what Dwarfcoach said: it was the Lutèce Bowl 2004, won by Florian Schultz (aka Glorian Underhill).
I played versus him with my Amazons. I thought that the game would end by a draw, just before I was one-turned by his Runner in the last turn... :o

Play Beach Bowl !!! :D (LRB 6 update)

NAF World Cup 2007 3rd place team
EuroBowl 2010 French Captain
Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

dwarfcoach wrote:(Still, at least you owe me a beer as my Lizzies have beaten your Lizzies rating.... :P :wink: )
Hey once you have played Lizzies as long as I have and still mantain a good rating THEN I will by you a beer. :P

My Lizzies are coming back from their prolonged break ready to win big in France....so I reckon in a couple of weeks the NAF rating gap between us will be even bigger... :lol:

Congrats mate on you top notch rating

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
dwarfcoach

Post by dwarfcoach »

Venomous Breath wrote:Hey once you have played Lizzies as long as I have and still mantain a good rating THEN I will by you a beer. :P
Hehe, ok mate, good point :) . To be honest, i'm half way there, your record on the NAF is 4 tourneys, right? Well the BB was my second and (fate not sticking it's finger in) I plan to go to at least 2 more this year so hopefully my team won't go the Dwarven way.... :-?

I don't think we've actually played yet, wouldn't it be typical if when we do meet it is Lizzies Vrs Lizzies? :P :roll:

Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

Yeah only four tourneys...feels like more..oh well...besides I get all my loses vs NAF and wins vs non NAF..unlike some people :P

I don't want a lizzy vs lizzy game...my lizards have never been another Lizard team (which is even more embarrasing).

Considering that both my Pro Elves beat lizards in their first ever game, and my Goblins beat lizards as well, it makes me think its time for a career change...hmm...Pro Goblins...that's got a ring to it :D

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
dwarfcoach

Post by dwarfcoach »

Venomous Breath wrote:Yeah only four tourneys...feels like more..oh well...besides I get all my loses vs NAF and wins vs non NAF..unlike some people :P
Hehe, ok :oops: . Well to be honest I only had two games against none-NAF at the BB; one loss, and one draw. I was going to try and convince Andy (the guy with the Undead team and Count Luthor who I got the draw against) to join the NAF 'cause we had such a cool close game but unfortunately my free ride home Mr McDeth had to leave early and so, by default, did I.

I've played and beaten quite a few Lizardmen teams. It seems their are alot of relatively in-experienced players looking at the team characteristics and thinking 'Wow, with those stats how can I lose?'... and going ahead and losing :lol: . The Blood Bowl added another 8 lizardmen coaches to the NAF rating system :o . Of those lizards that went to the event, I can count on one hand those that did pretty well..... ( I think there were at least 15 Lizardmen coaches there)

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

dwarfcoach wrote: Hehe, ok :oops: . Well to be honest I only had two games against none-NAF at the BB; one loss, and one draw. I was going to try and convince Andy (the guy with the Undead team and Count Luthor who I got the draw against) to join the NAF 'cause we had such a cool close game but unfortunately my free ride home Mr McDeth had to leave early and so, by default, did I.
I'm glad you failed...I think that must be the guy who beat me! (down three guys in as many turns..including my slayer...his DP skeleton refusing to get sent off, while I get a longbeard sent off on the only foul I made all weekend...he did the same to GKen next game and won the Warhammer world trophy...)

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
dwarfcoach

Post by dwarfcoach »

Thadrin wrote: I'm glad you failed...I think that must be the guy who beat me! (down three guys in as many turns..including my slayer...his DP skeleton refusing to get sent off, while I get a longbeard sent off on the only foul I made all weekend...he did the same to GKen next game and won the Warhammer world trophy...)
thats the chap!

We had an awsome game, really cool and sooo close. But actually, now that I think of it, he was actually the guy who beat me :oops: .
It was 1-1 for 6 turns of the second half and we had both decided that it was most likely to be a draw. Then I decided to lose concentration. I ran a skink away from the big 'silly-ass' scrum that was moving nowhere, thinking that in two turns it wouldn't move very far. Hmm. Did I mention that he had Luthor on his team? :P He dodged into two tackle zones, picked up the ball, dodged out and then longbombed the ball up the pitch to a waiting Ghoul who nonchalantly waltzed into the end zone. A great player and he would've been a valuble addition to the tourney circuit. Ahh well, next time...