Feedback to GW..

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Levinas
Star Player
Star Player

Feedback to GW..

Post by Levinas »

I just got in touch with GW, basically to say thanks for what I found to be an enjoyable and well organised weekend, and made some general comments about my experiences. Brian Aderson (UK Tournaments Manager) got back to me very quickly and I thought people might like to see his response. He said it was fine to quote him on TBB and asked me to let people know that feedback is valued at GW:

My mail:
Hi, just a quick note to say thanks for a good weekend, I thought it was great fun.

Best bit: getting so many BB coaches together and having everything go so smoothly (for me at least), and the removal of the quiz from the scores

Complaints: Game times a bit random (if there's only 2 hours then it really needs to be a full two hours), Painting/sportsmanship points seem to have caused confusion, early start on Sunday.

Suggestions: More staff in the WHW shop, maybe a display of painted and forthcoming miniatures, painting judges to give out the painting points....

I was also wondering if you could email me a results sheet (I can't find it on line) as I had to dash off on Sunday before I got one.
His Response:
- I can assure you that every games played for two hours, no more, no less. If anyone felt that they had less time, they were mistaken.

- I appreciate the painting/sportsmanship had problems, I hope with a little refinement and the experiences of the 187 gamers from last weekend we'll be able to reduce problems next year.

- I will pass on your comments to WHW about their staffing levels, as for displays, there were some displays in WHW of forthcoming fanatic additions to the Blood Bowl range. I'm not sure whether this is an issue of the amount on display or whether we communicated to the players adequately that they were there. Either way, this support comes from the Fanatic team and I will endeavour to work closely with them again to see what we can provide for next years event.

- The painting points are there to reward people for fulfilling the minimum requirement for entry into the tournament, as such it should be relatively easy for the players to mark. In addition to this, having a like-minded Blood Bowl player mark your team as opposed to some unknown judge gives you an opportunity to get an honest appraisal of whether you have achieved this standard and can also lead to some interesting hints and tips about how to develop your painting. Add to all that the fact that an average of the six rounds gives you a much fairer score for your painting than could be obtained by one individuals impression of your team and you basically have the fairest way of rewarding your painting efforts (we think!).

- as for the results, I'm sorry to keep you waiting on that one, they should be in place by next week.

Reason: ''
My blog: http://wd-92.blogspot.co.uk/
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

feedback (as an organiser of RDV BB):

2hours: Dont do strict 2 hours before lunch time (it is not necessary) and for the last game of the day ( same reason) you can let the last game finish for 20 minutes more easily and the players will appreciate.

Prices: I have to say that one: this is the tournament with the less prices i have ever seen (exept the 18 ressurection runners for the quizz)
In all the other tournaments, i ve seen at least a team gave to the winner !

Dont put the painting and the sportmanship in the tourny points:
Not everybody have the same rules:
Painting:
i have seen team which were in the top team for painting price with only 20 points for painting in the ranking....that should not happen.

Sportman:
is this about your opponent or about the game..not everyone think the same thing. I voted for the way i like my opponent even if i loose or win the game (my last 3 games to say) and not for my 3/0 upon a dark elf team which concede.

For people who came little bit late on the morning:
Can't you switch game as a lot of people did during the tourny..it will be enjoyable for the guys who are already sad to arrive late to not play against their friend they already play all the year

Computer:
Still some bugs
we changed our opponent at game 4..cos we already played at game 1!
and playing again against the same Dwarf coach was too much for my goblins :)

MINI:
So much players prefer a mini than a Coin ! Give us a special Mini like ressurection gutter !

Well, that was all the bad part :

Now for the rest : Well,

All the people were great specially the GW crew ! they did a good job and were very nice!
Water is a very ggod idea like last year (well i know a lot of coaches who would like their glass of beer :wink: )
The quizz was fun and well organised as a night event ! really nice :)
Food was good.

Well, a great event.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Levinas
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Levinas »

I've just mailed Brian the link to this thread so hopefully he'll see any feedback that gets posted...

Seconding Longshot, the water was a really nice touch...

My blog: http://wd-92.blogspot.co.uk/
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Water: much appreciated.

Painting marks: Better to have everyone get marked by the same person rather than individuals getting marked down because they showed up late on sunday or their opponents made a mistake.

Final Placings: It would be nice to get final placings on the sunday evening. The sheet we were given was wrong AGAIN and that was mildly irritating.

Friday evening: Can Bugman's be warned about six months in advance so we are not made to feel unwelcome on the friday evening? It is standard for us at least to meet for a beers and a few games pre-tournament, as we did last year. This year that was made harder. Save the so-called comedy for another evening.

Otherwise, everything seemed great. I had a blast.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Good Things
1) Overall much better than last year.
2) Fewer cheaters/nitpickers.
3) More people there to have a good time and a laugh
4) Nice to see people in BB as refs (i.e. Indigo)
5) The final (well at least overtime) was watched by almost everyone - a far better climax to the biggest BB tournament
6) Massively better scoring system
7) Dropping the quiz
8 ) Jervis in a Blackshirt.
9) Listening to us all blab on about how it can be better.

Bad Things
1) Problems with data entry and not being able to handle swiss neatly. Have a look at my tournament manager program. It requires Java 1.4.
2) Undue emphasis of sportsmanship & painting in final rankings (forget the mistakes the range of scores was too big). IMO these out to be tie breaks if you are tied on points OR they should deduct points from people who are not up to standard. Judges should score painting/fluff - not other coaches.
3) Prizes once again look miserly compared to every other Blood Bowl competition.
4) Inadequate support from Warhammer World. They sold out of almost everything on Saturday morning. Instore mail order is okay - but even they ran out of stock.
5) Comedians on Friday night. 50 odd BBers arrive to have a drink and catch up - and then aren't allowed to talk.
6) Not being more flexible over the 2 hours per game. Games before lunch shouldn't matter - not should the last game on Saturday.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams