Timing..the 2 hour limit.

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Twist
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twist »

How much time did they allow for each game at the BB?

Reason: ''
Twist.

BKBBL
http://bkbbl.com/
zboub
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zboub »

2 hours half........

Zboub gets the ref mon pote!!
Twist
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twist »

Hmmm, that can be done...

Twist.

BKBBL
http://bkbbl.com/
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Nope, actually it was around 2h. once even 1:55 before they started to call the games. Which was my main point of criticism.
On one hand they promoted a scoring system that made people fight for every touchdown to the very end, on the other hand they impose a time limit that simple was too short. 2h including game preparation, opponent switching if you already had played once, kickoff events, etc. is much less than 4 mins. per turn.

I hardly mananged to finish all the games (and i'm not a really slow coach), but the match against Darkson had to be called at turn 6 in half two. (could have been 2-1 or 3-0 instead of 2-0 which both would have made quite a difference).

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

I had about 30 minutes after each of my games (20 at the least) to watch other coaches play...

I've often been amazed at how long some people can take to finish a game of BB. You guys really play too slowly!

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
TiMuN
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by TiMuN »

I managed to finish some two of them, actually ... both on 4 turn Riots!!

[b]TiMuN[/b]
[size=75][img]http://www.bloodbowl.net/NAF/ArticleImages/naf.gif[/img] Member #181
[url=http://www.bloodbowlforo.org]BloodBowlForo.org[/url] | [url=http://spanishteam.tbbl.org]Spanish Team[/url][/size]
firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

The good players always take longer to play there games.

I finished most of mine in about 1 hour, point proved i think.

Al the Trowel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Al the Trowel »

I didn't have a problem finishing my games, some of them ran to the 15 minute warning, and some of my opponents were slower than others. But none so slow that we didn't finish. That was the one thing that really peed me off last year, losing 2-1 with 4 turns to play and due to receive the kick. It was final game day 1, so I finished 1 W 2 L. The only consolation was that he wasn't NAF.

[i]No, [b]this[/b] is a trowel[/i]

[size=75]Nuffle is a Blackshirt[/size]
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

come on ... time .... i´m proud of myself. I finished 4 games below 2 hours ! The people watching me last year at MMM03 know what this means ! :D Last game i finished earlier than Tim ... and this without getting a riot ! :wink:

Still, not a lot of time for a game. Just moving around the narrow table rows (one of my own very few complains) took time... especial if you moving around with a dugout and a team base. :roll: Not much time for just a bit smalltalk or reading the fluff.

Traveller

dantitan76
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dantitan76 »

I finished all the games before time, except the last one... Its a pity because Dangerous Dave could have score to a two all...

After so many tourneys... time to get some other things in this live...
Diana "Glu-Glu" Titan is here... You got only 17 Years left to fear!!!! ;)
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Tim wrote:... they impose a time limit that simple was too short. 2h including game preparation, opponent switching if you already had played once, kickoff events, etc. is much less than 4 mins. per turn.
In fairness, you knew how long the matches would be when you registered for the tourney. It's clearly marked that the games will last two hours, so if you think that your style of play requires longer and you will be at a distinct disadvantage in a 2 hour tourney then TBH you shouldn't have signed up.

I personally think 2 hours is more than enough time to play a game of Blood Bowl and it's a rare day indeed when I go over that kind of time limit. I don't think player skill has anything at all to do with it.

While it is true that 32 turns at 4 mins a turn is more than 2 hours (2 hours 8 mins), common sense & generally accepted sportsmanship ideals agree that this is more of a guideline rather than a rule.

If you run a tourney and can have it so that all games last 2.5 hrs, then good for you. However, not many I know can extend to that kind of time limit (venues are paid for by the hour ;)) so by participating you agree to the terms of the tourney organiser and YOU make the concession, not them! :)

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

firebreather wrote:The good players always take longer to play there games.
I think all my games were done in 90 mins...

Luke and I had a 15 minute break during game 6 to watch a bit of the final (we saw Mordredds 1st TD) and still finished before most other tables.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

I don't think player skill has anything at all to do with it.
Here i dont agree.... i think my BB playing skill improve after playing now 4 tournements and so my gameplay becomes much better and also faster. I have to confess ,this was the only point i was afraid of before the BB... can i play a game in time or not ?! :roll:

Traveller

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Indigo wrote:In fairness, you knew how long the matches would be when you registered for the tourney. It's clearly marked that the games will last two hours, so if you think that your style of play requires longer and you will be at a distinct disadvantage in a 2 hour tourney then TBH you shouldn't have signed up.
Sorry, Indigo, that's utter rubbish. First you cut the first part of my post where i say the scoring system enforces fighting up to the last minute and than you come with the "don't like it, then piss off" argument when i post constructive criticism. It's not like i said that the tournament sucked because of that, but i said that i would have prefered a 120+30 min. match time (with the 30 min. eating away from your 45 min. break) to have games going a little easier. Actually the whole length of the event would have been identical, maybe 30 min. more on the sunday.

I have not complained about having a disadvantage or something, so there's no need to attack me like that.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I'm certain we didn't have 2 hours for the last round - the top 20 tables had less time too since the draw went up later.

Oh and Dan had to have a piss too.... :wink:

Dave

PS Dan - I'd have got a blitz and got the 3rd one as well! ..... :o