Timing..the 2 hour limit.

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

olaf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olaf »

Hey Indigo, I m sorry for you, you dont understand anything I told you on saturday.

I m really not a slow player, but in the first game I had a very slow oppenent to play against, and in the moment he saw that he will lose the game he were going slower and slower, so the game was cut in his turn, if it change to me I only had to say touchdown to win without rolling a dice.

there is no fair play at all.

a ref had to look for fairplay on all tables, but if you cut only some games and the others could still playing to its end its really bullshit.

PS.: For all please rxcuse my terrible English

Indigo, by the way, Trollslayers have an armourroll of 9 to break it, not 7 :wink: :evil:

Reason: ''
DUNGEONBOWL (drunk) german champion 2004
BLOODBOWL XLIV (dead drunk) winner of the league cup 2005, PLATT BOWL 2007 champion
nothing is older then the glory of yesterday
German team 2005. team Brandenburg 2006
olaf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olaf »

All had its two sides

if we see us again in a tournament we could discus it again, but if the playing time is to short the fun is cut too

you must give the players a chance to bring it to a good end, maybe with a two minute limit / turn

BLOODBOWL XLIV (dead drunk) winner of the league cup 2005, PLATT BOWL 2007 champion
Twist
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twist »

Wow. Thats terrible, Olaf. I can't believe anyone would do that. :(

I took a loss in a Games Day tournament because of lack of time, but that wasn't the fault of my oponent. If they are going to cut short time, they should at least let both players play the same amount of turns.

Twist.

BKBBL
http://bkbbl.com/
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

i have never had to cut a match off early and all tournaments i been too that i recall have had 2 hours per game

kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

firebreather wrote:The good players always take longer to play there games.

I finished most of mine in about 1 hour, point proved i think.
I don't think so.
If a coach knows his team and how to move his players then he's done within 3 minutes with his turn.
And you can also think about your movements during your opponent turn.
So I think four minutes are long enough.

olaf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olaf »

I think my opponent haddnt falt (till the cut of the game he had played a great game) , but the ref had, the ref had no feeling and it killed some the fun of the weekend,

Fubar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Fubar »

My only problem with the strict two hour limit was that it could result in turns being stopped in the middle. During the final turn of the final game I had a reasonable chance of scoring to win the game, but the whistle blew so the game ended. Spot on the letter of the rules, but it was still a shame to end the tournament that way.
My fault for playing too slowly! Maybe next time I will learn...

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

just to point out that I don't like cutting games short early, especially in the middle of turns etc. but when that's the letter of the rules I had to :(

as for a coach deliberately playing slowly, I'd very loudly comment that they're going too slow to embarrass (sp?) them, MAYBE ask a ref to watch, and at the very least give them "lousy" sportsmanship

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

Didnt go this year, but only had timing problems once in a tournament, at last years bloodbowl. I usually play quite fast anyway, but came up against a slow player, so sped up and reminded him of the timing.

(edited as original sounded a bit harsh on my apponant :oops: )

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
sirsebstar
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by sirsebstar »

in pbem i had an oppoantnt who stalled the entire first game ( he managed to SI 4 players so he felt he had the upper hand) (and he did)

this guy ate a lot of time, if this was in a trourny, well hell. he would have won the first TD. and slowed the pace even more.

then there is no way i can still win this.

stalling is not against the rules, but it is unsportsmanlike.

this thinking should not be encouraged, therefor i say. allow some time for close games and dont be all to strict on the rules if it is not absolutely neccecary.

this way, the best play will come up eventually.
( i mean a referee might also ask and say, hey i am here to envorse the rules, but i am only going to ask you guys to agree on who won, in essance letting the players call the game)

thats fair to me

olaf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olaf »

Indigo wrote:just to point out that I don't like cutting games short early, especially in the middle of turns etc. but when that's the letter of the rules I had to :(

as for a coach deliberately playing slowly, I'd very loudly comment that they're going too slow to embarrass (sp?) them, MAYBE ask a ref to watch, and at the very least give them "lousy" sportsmanship
You must not be ref with this rules, if no one stands for this "rules" we could bring them away from this nice hobby

(In the last written texts I made my angryness air, sorry for it)

by the way....have I told you that trollslayers have armour eight? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: