Now 'THATS' what I call a great converted Lizardman team!!!!

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Now 'THATS' what I call a great converted Lizardman team!!!!

Post by dwarfcoach »

So I was pretty happy with my converted Lizardman team, thought they were a bit better than average and definately better than the existing Fanatic models. Then I saw a team, well the team of my dreams, and I understand now what a good team really is.

:o

So impressed was I that after chatting to their owner I got this link to some pics.
http://www.geocities.com/viadiabolis/lizards2.html

He told me that the pictures were not that good....
:o

To be honest, they are probably the best team I have ever seen at a BB tourney.
Ever.
Every single member of the team an exquisit conversion, painted to Golden Daemon level painting skill.
One word: AWESOME!

Reason: ''
*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Maybe you should have chatted a little longer with him, so he could have told you his TBB nickname: That's Ancalagon's Lizard team :D

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Yeah, Ancalagon's a rightful winner of hte prize. I laid my vote for him as I couldn't spot one single error in the whole team. Only thing that disturbed me a little was the square bases, but is that a problem when they look like they do? I take my hat off for this guy, truly awesome!

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
dantitan76
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dantitan76 »

Well and the problem of Ancalagon was that he didnt have time to finish the base for the team and the throne for the head coach!!!!

After so many tourneys... time to get some other things in this live...
Diana "Glu-Glu" Titan is here... You got only 17 Years left to fear!!!! ;)
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

narkotic wrote:Maybe you should have chatted a little longer with him, so he could have told you his TBB nickname: That's Ancalagon's Lizard team :D
Hehe, wouldn't have done much good mate, after Friday night ( out clubing 'til past 2am) and then Saturday night (out clubing 'til past 2am) and then seeing his team after my 3rd game on Sunday (and 3rd win of the day :wink: ) I was just about registering what people were saying, and that was only after focusing very hard.

A very, very cool team though, good enough to break me out of my daze for a good 5 or 6 minutes..... :roll:

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

That's a fabulous Lizard team. They look good enough to play in the Lustrian Stadium that Baerbel brought to the BB. Surely a dream pairing.

Cheers

Leip :lol: :o :lol:

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Wow those are awesome. I don't think I could bring myslef to say anything about the square bases they look so good. :o

ImageImage
Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

Yeah..those lizards are fantastic. :D

Going to have to work on VB: The Second Spawning now.

Top team Ancalagon 8)

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
juck101
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by juck101 »

yeah congrats excellent conversions. Sorry forgot to vote! but I would have voted for my lizards second :wink:
Nice work on the shoulder pads

...the pope said to his aid...
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

very good winner!

oi dwarfcoach .. have we met in the end ?? I can't seem to remember .. :oops:

juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

An awesome painted team which I had the honor of playing against.

I didn't even touch his figures very much since I didn't wanna ruin anything. Hey Ancalagon, is was a great game - thanks for not choosing block on your players :) (he had 3 turns in a row with skull/both down which allowed me the 1-0 lead. Afterwards he was pretty successfull kicking my Norse out so I had 7 players vs. 9 and 4 turns left after he scored the 1-1 - luckily for me he rolled a 4 turn riot which secured the tie)

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

Thanks for all your comments. Really I didn't though I could win the prize. I couldn't finish the base for the team nor the throne of the slann, so I though I didn't have possibilities, so just being on those 10 selected I was really really happy. I saw a lot of really good painted teams, specially those dark elves on table 1 wich were really really good painted, and beleive me, I know what I talk about, I'm obsesed about making good blends and gradients. Other teams to be mentioned are the khemry, necros and skaven... were really good too.

About my team... well after having bought the lizard team on preorder and played with that team for lot of years, I was decided to bring it again to the BB. But I didn't suceed last year on painting contest so this time I got those new lizards that looked much more agressive and tried to change their look to be more dynamical. Of course I choosed temple guards because I wanted the best players on my team :wink: and some champion. The conversions included cutting some scales and weapons, cleaning hands just to simulate they are not just "cut weapons", adding back and shoulders green stuff armour and on the captain cleaning his metal shield until making that kind of gauntlet and adding a spike (it's a dark elf assassin dagger). Skinks are just BB skings whose back wing was cut, shoulder protections cleaned and added greenstuff shoulders and so to make them look as part of the team...
Lot of people dislike square bases, but I had some reasons to use them:
1) to give more stability to those minis converted
2) To avoid rolling minis when putting them stunned or prone
3) to add their stunned/prone scrolls, wich makes easy to keep track of his situation.

At the end, thanks all for you voting...

If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.
Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

juergen wrote: Hey Ancalagon, is was a great game - thanks for not choosing block on your players :) (he had 3 turns in a row with skull/both down which allowed me the 1-0 lead. Afterwards he was pretty successfull kicking my Norse out so I had 7 players vs. 9 and 4 turns left after he scored the 1-1 - luckily for me he rolled a 4 turn riot which secured the tie)
Grrrrrrr :lol: next time I'll kick norse butt untill death!!! :-P

If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.
Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

Awesome Ancalagon! Congradulations.

http://www.impactminiatures.com
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Congratulations Ancalagon. I'd really like to see the whole team though. Number 2 and the Kroxigor are just a tease. I have the before of your coach but I'd love to see how he turned out painted.

I'm all the more proud to own your original Lizards. Youre a fantastic painter, oops, make that Prize-winning painter. :wink: I bet the competition was tough too. Way to go!

Have fun!