Issues with sportsmanship/painting points etc.

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

olaf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olaf »

Indigo wrote:Send any comments about the tourney to

events@games-workshop.co.uk
For what, they dont learn anything, the tournament is only for marketing, there were to much mistakes in the tournamentmanagement, they produce themself, not for a nice weekend for the players

Im sorry, you put these shoes on as ref for these desaster, maybe next tournament you find a better compromise for lot of the problems

maybe in 200 years my clan had forgotten it,

by the way you will get a beer next time, and dont forget Trollslayers have an armour of eight

Reason: ''
DUNGEONBOWL (drunk) german champion 2004
BLOODBOWL XLIV (dead drunk) winner of the league cup 2005, PLATT BOWL 2007 champion
nothing is older then the glory of yesterday
German team 2005. team Brandenburg 2006
olaf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olaf »

sorry about this, I m still angry about GW and their handling about the tournament

DUNGEONBOWL (drunk) german champion 2004
BLOODBOWL XLIV (dead drunk) winner of the league cup 2005, PLATT BOWL 2007 champion
nothing is older then the glory of yesterday
German team 2005. team Brandenburg 2006
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Really?

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Stikki
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stikki »

I agree with all this. Apart from my first game which was a bit disappointing as my opponent was a bit of a novice, all my games were awesome (win or lose) but I really thought I had to save an awesome result for something as good as chocolate-covered cheerleaders!

I liked the Most Sporting Opponent idea though and I do want to be able to mark down any opponent who's a nob (it happened last year big time). Maybe marks out of ten averaged over the 6 games?

Also, the tourney should be about winning games and playing nicely, not how well you can write a background story.

And lastly, I ticked most of the boxes anyway because I liked my opponents, even though one team sheet was hand-written and a bit scribbly, one team had black pebbles for bases and at least one came with no background story.

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Stikki wrote:even though one team sheet was hand-written and a bit scribbly, one team had black pebbles for bases and at least one came with no background story.
You played Grum then ;)

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

any news of if they have sorted it as i though he said they would be on the website by the"end of the week"

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

ok, i just post here, so i will be informed, if there is a update of the ranking in this post. :wink:

Traveller

madzit
Experienced
Experienced

Post by madzit »

Mmmmmm, chocolate-covered cheerleaders

BB03..Pick up on a 3..Sure Hands..[b][i]D'OH[/i][/b]
BB04..Dodge on a 2..Dodge skill..[b][i]D'OH[/i][/b]
BB05..Rat Ogre attempts a block..[b][i]D'OH[/i][/b]
BB06..Can't go..[b][i]D'OH[/i][/b]
Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Oh yes, that makes sense. :-?

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Black Hawk down
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Black Hawk down »

HI All

I Am new to all this but as the BBGT was my first big torney and i found it much fun. i finished on 63 points one point behind my friend, he got 64 points, but he finshed 46th and i finshed 90th :-? . Now comming from a football (Soccer) background i can put up with the fact of my points total, i worked hard for them but the points for sportsmanship is silly. if you beat someone hard, will they be likley to say that was a awesome game. keep the sportmanship for tie breaks and have two boxs one for ok opponent and one for crap opponent. I mean we are all here to play blood bowl (you dont make friends with salad), some games will be hard and if the guy was a arse about it then this can be used as a tie break. Does any other tourney do this or is it only Gamesworkshop.

:D Cheers

Dave (underworld Assassins)

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Received this reply from Brian today:
Results have been reviewed, corrected scores have been passed to our web team, they should be downloadable by the end of this week. The only award that was affected was the Sporting Opponent award so a second award has been issued to Frank Hill. All other awards still stand.

TiMuN
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by TiMuN »

Black Hawk down wrote:... but he finshed 46th and i finshed 90th
Welcome and greetings from player #91st! :lol:

[b]TiMuN[/b]
[size=75][img]http://www.bloodbowl.net/NAF/ArticleImages/naf.gif[/img] Member #181
[url=http://www.bloodbowlforo.org]BloodBowlForo.org[/url] | [url=http://spanishteam.tbbl.org]Spanish Team[/url][/size]
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

My comments on the sportsmanship points. Basically I fully support the idea in theory... however, in practice it doesn't work very well.... cue 3 examples.

Eg 1

My opponent calls illegal procedure on me during the kick off process (yes the first one) !!!! :roll:

I then explain that I hadn't moved my turnmarker since my turn hadn't started. My oppo was grumpy after this.... so do you suppose Igot awesome game?

Eg 2

My oppo uses his last reroll. Forgets to remove it from the board / turn it over. Next turn tries to reroll a dice and I point out that he has already used the reroll. Again am I unsporting for not allowing this?

Eg 3 (from Spikey)

My opponent doesn't follow up with a frenzied player - I explain that he must. Cue "heated debate".

This in a nutshell is the problem. Some (all?) coaches don't fully understand all the rules. Why should a coach who points out opponent's errors suffer? If I lose fine - but I am not going to give a game away simply because my opponent is not following the rules.

Dave

PS - and no I don't call illegal procedure - I remind my opponent that he must move his turn marker.

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

and no I don't call illegal procedure - I remind my opponent that he must move his turn marker

I do the same... but i always ask before start of the game, how my oppo handles this rule. If i knew he likes playing using stricly the rule, ok... Luckly all 6 oppos at the BB agreed not to use this rule and play for fun.

Traveller

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Dangerous Dave wrote:This in a nutshell is the problem. Some (all?) coaches don't fully understand all the rules. Why should a coach who points out opponent's errors suffer? If I lose fine - but I am not going to give a game away simply because my opponent is not following the rules.
And on the opposite side if your opponent makes mistakes (e.g. setups up too few players and you let him off) then you get great sportsmanship marks from them (or ought to). If they don't make mistakes then you can't let them off...

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams