Match Reports

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

just took a goodlook at my results and I really wonder why I have jut 5 MSO points and who actually didn't give me all painting points ..

however I wander off topic here.

Fear Ye No Ordeal (Norse) came in with 6 lino's, 1 catchr, 4 blitzers and a mino .. I went for the frenzy aproach 2RR and 4FF

Match one against David Ashton (I think) - High Elves .. the Phoenix Kings on table 4 due to the fact we came in just after they got the table numbers ready.

He kicked to me and I started my cage rolling it up the pitch .. I managed to KO a fair number of his team and scored in turn 6 or 7. David was fairly unlucky all match and with a load of 4's and 5's I managed to score 2-0 at half time. I still had all 3 RR left (cheering fans) and that sais enough I guess.

He executed a nice 2-turn TD giving me the chance for another 2 point lead. I took the chance and ran another TD in. Then I went for the 4-1 leaving my defence just a bit too open. the Lion warrior ran in with the ball, got sacked but only prone. I moved in another player, should have fouled what I forgot. He dodged pick up 4+ dodge GFI GFI 3-2 .. bugger.
I managed another 2 turn TD and 4-2 was the final score

I think I used 1 RR all match which sais it all. David was quite unlucky but tried hard and well to keep up.

2nd game .. Dan's Lizzies on table 11.

I hoped to be out of the bashing teams with a 2TD difference 4 TD scored win .. but alas. I hate lizzies.

Dan started off quite good pinning my offence. Quite some tactical moves later I allmost got a TD in but got sacked on a skull skull pow 3D block (grrr) None of us managed to get a good grip on the ball.
2nd half dan scores in 2 turns and leaves me strugggling for a hole in his defence.

Awesome tactical match and the 1-0 was very much the correct score.

BTW .. did I mention I hate lizzies ??

3rd match .. Khemri .. Frank .. AWESOME pitch on table 23 (??)

Frank scored 1-0 on the 4th turn (I actually kinda let him score to be able to score my self this half This does not mean he didn't play well though!!!) and I got quite some of his skellies KO-ed

I made a run for it and scored securely on turn 8. After soem pushing skellies off the pitch and breaking a hole in the 4 mummy defence.
All was well as I would recieve inteh 2nd half, enabeling me to pull off a 2-1 win perhaps ??

Alas .. 2 consecutive failed WA rolls meant I was unable to break a hole int he wall of cloth (mummy's) and being pinned .. I allmost got through one more time but Frank closed all gaps .. sacked my ball carrier and scored, after needing SH onteh pick up I think, on turn 8.

I hate Khemri so I bought a team for myself :lol:

Another great game agains a real nice opponent!!

Game 4; I had to play some Andy bloke but he was prolly still sleeping. I played Keith with some very nicely painted Orcs

4BOB's 4Blitz I hate that ..

I recieved, put a cage readyand failed the GFI to get in it .. He might already have had a Blitz and this game started off really, really badly.
He got the ball scored in turn 3 I think and all I rolled was 2's and 1's for the 3 KO's
This did not continue fortunately an I got ready to short pass for an equalizer when his thrower intercepted ..
He got away .. I sacked him again but failed to pick up the ball .. By this time I had liek 3 KO's that didn't come back .. AGAIN and 2 Cas against (I think)

the 7 remaining norse got subsequently flattened by a 6 man pitch invasion and Keith played with my ass a bit before he handed it back .. 3-0.

Great is quite unlucky game ..

match 5; Jaime with Welfs ..

hmmm squish ??

Jaime scored with his WD in turn 2 and I expected to be able to score in the remaining 7 turns. I didn't however due to lots of 6es on AV rolls, meaning the buggered elves remained on the pitch.
During the 2nd alf I did get them out of the way and scored in 4 turns twice.

Jaime played well int he first half but was VERY unlucky inthe second. Turn 2: Double skulls RR double skulls . Turn 3: Double skulls. Turn 4: 1 ona dodge, Turn 5: 1 on a dodge again. All on the fist die roll; Not much he could do about that ..

He kept on trying though and got an awesome game from me for that!

MAtch 6; Ithilkir's skaven.
I needed the full 20 points to het 64 gaming points and thus finishing inthe op half.
He chose sidestep on a GR and that proved fatal.
I managed a 2-0 half time lead, Cas 3 skaven and KO 5 I think.

the SSGR got the ball and didn't go down on 6 Block die .. dodged away and scored.

Next driveI try for a quick TD as I really wanted to kick Ithilkir to pieces .. 1 RR 1 on a GFI to get a quick pass meant death though. A GR comes in, picks up, hands off to a lino. Double push ont he lino, dodge gfi gfi and 2 all.

Another Awesome game against one of the guys I really wanted to play beforehand!

I loved the tournament .. had one really bad game, played really nice opponents and had loads of fun!

Back next year I hope guys!

PS .. we need more room than, I hated the tight place.
PSII .. Congrats to Mordredd for winning and to Anca for his brill team!

Reason: ''
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

dantitan76 wrote:
2nd Dave (Norse)
As soon I saw his name on the sheet, I realise that this match was special, the "Re-Match" of last years MadHobbit. That day it was a 3 - 0. But this one was going to be different.
I received and scored very quickly. After this the only 2 words to say: Tacticks and Defense. One of the best matches I´ve played defensly. I covered everything and got my skinks to help me with those assists. I recovered the ball but the score didnt move... a 1 - 0 against a Brilliant coach, who surely wants an other opportunity to change this "fate". by the way, he told me that he had a 10 victory run in tournaments since the Mad Hobbit... Sorry mate. Saurus = Strip Ball
actually .. you should look up your memory and look at my report :lol:

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Sisters of Nuffle (Amazons)
Game 5 vs Necromatics
2 wolfies and a flesh golem with Guard. His Werewolf with Block leaves early after my Dirty Player 'tickles' him. The Flesh Golem proves to a major pain, but I concentrate on putting anything down that can move faster than a turtle (non-Ninja variety).

Turn 0 you hurt the poor ww :) And by the end of the game both werewolves and the ghoul were casualties :)

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

I can't remember all my games in detail as I didn't take notes, but I'd like to sum up the tournament as a whole: I had a great time from the start til the end, and the start was really one week before the arrival at warhammer world, when I converted the last of my skeletons and began painting.

Normally, I need two weeks of vacation to finish a team if I do nothing else. This time, I had to get it done in half that time and also work 8 hours a day in the lab... The three last nights before friday totalled up for one (1) hour of sleep, then off to meet Thadrin at the station. As I was basically a wreck, I forgot my passport, had to apply for a temporary one then promptly fell asleep on the plane. I kept sleeping on the road to Nottingham in McSnaga's car (Paul! Somehow you still have evaded getting paid for the gas! I'll somehow find a way to return the favour...) and trodded along to Warhammer World to play a few games of Fluxx which I am sure I was at least half-awake through.

Game 1, vs Humans
I can't remember the name of the poor guy I played against in the first game, only that he was a kind of beginner at BB and had taken someone else's place in the tournament. I also rolled very lucky for my armour rolls and he never really had a chance. Won 3-0 and racked up 6 casualties... Sure Hands on a Blitzer.

Game 2, vs Juergen's Norse
Playing at table 5 was much more than I had hoped for when I first got our tickets. However, my luck made a sharp turn and I had 5 guys nailed by a pitch invasion on turn 0. However, this game turned out to be the hardest fought game I played in this tournament as I somehow managed to even out the odds (player-wise) during the first half and equalize in the second half with just 5 or 6 Norse players left on the pitch for the final drive! However, a riot ended the game prematurely, which was a shame. A truly awesome game and a very sporting opponent, I had loads of fun! Tackle on the other blitzer.

Game 3, vs Geggster's Skaven
I was awfully outplayed in this one. I trusted the dice a little too much as I really needed my players free to move in the Skaven players' way. Geggster has already made a good presentation of this game in his post. A really nice chap and a good game (even though I didn't come into it until turn 4, 2nd half)! Lost 1-3 and got myself a Dirty Player.

Too bad I was just too bloody tired (still suffering from the painting session) to go out on Sat evening, downed a few Bugman's and Swedish tobaccos and joined the RCN very briefly as a stand-in for Tim in a merry game vs Darkson's Orcs. As the turn-coat I am, I then proceeded to give the NDNE aid in the form of lending Valen my Khemri in another bash-fest against poor Darkson.

Game 4, vs Antoine's 60's-inspired Orc team
This game was a classic hard-hitting struggle vs two bashing teams, which I lost 0-1. The troll didn't fail one single bonehead roll, not even the few RS rolls he took! On top of this, Antoine played very cleverly and took advantage of my mistakes, so I won't cry over this one.

Game 5, vs Undead
I repeated my lucky strike from game #1 and never really let this poor guy into the game. Won 2-1 and made 4 casualties (plus 5 more that regenerated I think).

Game 6, vs Levinas' Skaven
I have trouble with Skaven! This became apparant in the last game when I should have learned my lesson vs Geggster and played more safely. I lost 5 players due to the heat in the second drive and found myself struggling to protect the ball close to my own endzone instead of scoring the equalizer. In the second half, I played too aggressively and suffered. Lost 0-2 and went to Bugman's and enjoyed the final with a beer, chatting with McSnaga.

So, all in all, a great event. I might even consider showing up again next year! Really nice seeing the guys posting in here!

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I beat tim

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

that's all you got to say about all six matches grum ??

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

thats all that matters/I can remember

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

he he

dantitan76
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dantitan76 »

Sorry Dave.... True... I stoped you on the first half....

After so many tourneys... time to get some other things in this live...
Diana "Glu-Glu" Titan is here... You got only 17 Years left to fear!!!! ;)
Tomba
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Tomba »

McDeth wrote:Chaos Dwarfs

2nd Game Tom Lumley ( Khemri ) 1-0

Tom started with a bang, the normal loss of toss meant he got to bludgeon my blockers around and soon after rolling no less than 4 armour rolls in the first two turns of 11. Had the destroyers reeling. The problem was the ball. Not only could Tom not pick it up, but also it meant he couldn’t even get into my half even with a huge numerical advantage.

2nd half with only 1 Bull Centaur and 3 Chaos dwarves and 4 hobbo’s against his 11 men, meant this was going to be tough. Somehow and I’m not sure how managed to break through and score what turned to be the winning TD. Tom spent the next 4 turns unsuccessfully trying to pick the ball up.
Yup, that was a little annoying. My Thro-Ra (the only player I remotely trusted to pick up the ball) tried to pick up the ball five times in the game (needing 4+ each time) and failed each time. That is including 5 initial attempts *and* five re-rolls using Sure Hands!

The Thro-Ra is now on his way to the glue factory :o !

In fact the only time I ever posessed the ball that entire game was when McDeths kick left the field and I got a touchback! :D

Still, sometimes my luck was in, sometimes it was out.

I really enjoyed that game, even though I did lose. it was very, very tight.

I must also tell anyone who didn;t see it that I thought McDeth's team was the best painted team I saw all weekend, his bull centaurs especially, though Del's skaven came a very close second. My team comes in at roughly 200th!

Tomba

Tomba
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Tomba »

OK, I'm not organised and am clueless with names- apologies for forgetting them- please let me know your names and I will try to remember them in future :)

I was playing Khemri: 4 Mummies :D 1 Thro-Ra, 8 Skeletons, 3 re-rolls, FF4

Game 1: Kenneth Smith- Dark Elves. One of my best friends, and my sucessor as winner (?) of the Last Place award- no conspiracy, just plenty of incompetence. No really- he (and others) have given me so much stick after I came last last year that if he could have avoided it, he would have come anywhere but last!

Ironically, the only person he didn't lose to was me- last place last year! the game was tight with a 2-2 draw the final result. My Mummies flattened plenty of the perverted elves, but we can't catch the bloody Witch Elves. we learned to defend in greater depth, and to develop the thro-ra as the ball carrier (as only he could pick up the ball) and so we gave him block afterwards.

I also found that my other travelling companion (Matt Robson) got thumped 4 or 5 nil in his first game and spent the rest of the day losing on the bottom table- were both of my friends trying to out-do me? No, they're jusy both rubbish! :lol: (I'm joking guys...a bit! :D )

Game 2: McDeth- Chaos Dwarfs- a very very close game, resulting in a narrow 1-0 loss. My thro-ra spent the entire bloody game trying unsuccessfully to pick up the ball whilst my mummies were quite contented with re-shaping those daft helmets their guys were wearing. The Bull centaur models were simply gorgeous- I was very afraid to lie them down for fear of chipping (and I did have to lie them down a lot :D ) A loss, but getting surer of our potentcy, if not our ball skills....

Game 3: Stephen Canfield (sp?)- Norse. I kind of took out 2 years of being a very beaten-up goblin coach out on Stephen, and I virtually wiped out his entire team, using mainly mummies and a bit of fouling, which seemed to annoy him and in retrospect I do know how it feel to have nothing to do on your turn, so I wish I hadn't been quite so viscious, but was weary of anyone quicker than us as I know how rubbish we are on defence! I won 2-0 I think, and felt sufficiently guilty to buy him a drink afterwards and apologise. A number of lessons learned: Khemri can be bloody lethal, but this isn't always fun to play against.

That night I went out to a club up Mansfield Road and ended up back at our travelodge (where Del, Woody etc were staying) at 3-4ish trying to stop Matt from throwing up... We were somewhat fragile the next day- and I'm teetotal!

Game 4- Lovely Cockney bloke, can't remember his name- Dark elves

The luck was very much on my side- His team was virtually entirely off the pitch by the end and all he seemed to roll was ones or skulls. Like my luck for last year, so I could only apologise and empathise. He took it very well, though, so we went off for a drink afterwards (and I'm kicking myself I can't remember his name :( - he was one of the nicest people I met all weekend- and that's saying something :D )

Game 5- Another great bloke whose name I can't remember- Wood Elves.

Turns out this bloke (I'm really sorry about the name :( ) is from my neck of the woods originally, and he beat me 4-1. If I told you it was close, you'd laugh (Kenneth did- a close 4-1 loss is a bit daft I suppose) but let me say this- I pulled off a completion with a Khemri team! Not only that, but the pass was inaccurate! My skeleton then scurried off (very slowly, obviously) towards the endzone to equalise at 2-2... and tripped over when I went for the extra space! 1 down later and I was 3-1 down, 3 downs later it was 4-1 and all over. Luck comes and goes, and in this game I pulled off that completion, but suffered 3 (yes three!) Blitzes from the KO table. Grr. I hate wardancers. :evil: A very enjoyable game though.

Game 6 Del Hiscock (Sp?) Skaven

Another fantastically painted team, but by this time Blood Bowl fatigue was beginning to set in for me and I fear I was a little disinterestes, and I sensed Del was a little bit to. Still an enjopyable match- Del lead 3-0 for most of it (I think, but I was suffering from loss of sleep by now..) but as the Mummy Effect (TM) kicked in we began to dominate, and after a couple of botched attempts to pick the ball up, we pulled one back to make the score semi-respectable. A fun game, despite my being a little jaded. I hate Gutter Runners nearly as much as I hate Wardancers... :evil:

Facing the prospect of a long drive home, we couldl have done without the final going into overtime, but I suppose it made for a tense final for those not suffering from the prospect of teaching teenagers the next morning :cry: (and lack of sleep etc...)

Awards ceremony was reasonably concise, though I did expect Jervis to say something- he was restricted to intermittent commentary on the final!

Kenneth got his match ball for being completely rubbish :roll: - he was mid-table ish last year so he must just have been very unlucky, and by the end Matt had managed to win a couple of games so I can't quite claim to have morepoints than the two of them put together as I did on Saturday night! :D

All in all a very enjoyable weekend and I continue to be impressed with the pleasant, relaxed nature of massed BB coaches- It's a pleasure to be involved with you all. 8)

If anyone's in the North East and fancies a game, drop me a line, otherwise I'll see you all next year, or possibly before if I can face a long drive to Cambridge, Reading or London...

Cheers everyone,

Tomba

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Tom where in Durham are you, i have to travel up there about once a month and end up spending the evening in a hotel watching Sky Sports. if your anywhere near Durham we could sort something out. I tend to stop at the Marriot.

McDeth,
"Can't Sleep Clowns will eat me"

"Who's that Reverend Green??"
Levinas
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Levinas »

This was my first tournament, I had a great time and played six excellent coaches so thanks to all of them for making the games challenging and fun to play. Before I started I was hoping for a few things, first to play against the world number one, second to play chaos dwarves and third to play people from some different countries – all of which wound up happening…

My team: The Mapelheim Maulers, Skaven.
2 Storm Vermin, 1 Thrower, 3 Gutter runners, 6 linemen, 3RR, 3FF.

Game one: Joris’s “Har Ganeth’s Ravens” (Dark Elves).
A really good start to the tournament with a very cool and laid back coach who’d painted his team beautifully in one day - mine took weeks and still didn’t look as good… Score 3-1 (This was the only game I didn’t finish all weekend)

Game Two: Phil’s Lizardmen.
I was pleased with this draw as I’ve played the lizardmen a lot. Somehow the Kroxigor and the 5 Saurus failed to do much damage to the rats and we had a pretty even game that ended 2-1 in my favour.

Game Three: Tim’s Chaos Dwarves.
Well I got my wishes all at once and this turned out to be my most ‘educational’ game of the weekend. When I sat down Ian told me that Tim was NAF#1 and to be honest I think it put me off a bit and I played like a complete idiot - I’d never played against CD’s before and it certainly showed. Tim ruled the pitch and played brilliantly; I on the other hand was completely crap. It was also the first game in which an opponent has stalled against me, a perfectly viable tactic and fitting for a table 11 game but it wasn’t much fun watching 3-4 turns pass by with nothing much happening. That said it wouldn’t have made any difference, I was beaten fair and square by a top opponent: 2-0. A hard but valuable lesson.

Game Four: Smeg Head’s Dwarves.
At the end of day one I’d decided that the team I least wanted to meet next was a dwarf team and that’s exactly what I got. The game turned out to be great fun and hinged on a series of one dice blitzes that kept the ball bouncing around the field. A well-deserved 1-1 draw.

Game Five: Longshot’s Likely Losers (Goblins).
Having achieved my aim of playing NAF#1 I got it again in game five. Fortunately for me Longshot was playing with goblins rather than elves and I had a great time watching his goblins kick the crap out of my skaven. An unlucky dodge roll kept the score 2-1 to the skaven.

Game Six: Odium Khan’s Lost Ark Raiders (Khemri).
I’d never played against Khemri before, nor had I played against such a nicely painted team so I was delighted by this draw. This was the first game that was badly affected by the kick-off table as sweltering heat saw off a load of players, mainly Khemri. This pretty much swung the match for me and I wound up winning 2-0. That said, there was nearly a tremendous last-turn touch down from the undead as they went for a throw…

Excellent fun, I expect I'll be back for more next year…

My blog: http://wd-92.blogspot.co.uk/
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Well, well well....

I am Dangerous, Dangerous, Dangerous....some poeple migh understand that...

12 Gob, 2 Troll, 3 RR , FF9, Apo

First game of my Likely Losers..
Against Dwarves..
First Block of the game for my troll: Block/Block/Skull...
And i was beaten up 3/0 even if i succed to put the dwarf ball carrier down several times.

Second Game against Humans...
The game was quite good for my goblin but my opponent succeed 2 TD with Magic rolls.. 4+/4+/4+/3+/2+/2+/6+/3+...no reroll..
draw 2/2

Third Game against Dark elves from Belgium.
Héhé, as i was scoring my 3rd TD on turn 13..my opponent concede with still 9 elves available.
WE MADE CONCEDE A TEAM BY SCORING !!!

4th Game against Richard from ECBBL and his Orcs
3 BO out in 4 turn (2casualties and one ko), Blitzers send out of the pitch and a good defence gave me the victory 1/0 against another ECBBL guy :)

5 game against Levinas and his Skavens
Cage went well on first half but missed the dodge to score.
Then i tryed to defend and i made a mistake in offence again. Got a lot of skaven out in one turn (4 of them^^) and a reduce the score at turn 16
Loss 1/2

Final game against Dark elves:
Cage offence finished in a 1/0 first half and my defence succeed for the 2 last turn. Second half saw agood defence of my Goblin..specially on the witch with 3 foul action to get her finally out of the pitch :)
then i succed by taking the ball again for a 2/0 Win!

67 point on the pitch (30 painting and 10 Fair play)
took the place 52

WE ARE DANGEROUS..., DANGERous...,dangerous.....

3W/1D/2L

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Stikki
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stikki »

What a great weekend I had! Only my second ever BloodBowl tourney and I ended up 35th.

I used the West Wayland Hawks, my wood elves from last year, with a few tweaks here and there, seeing as how I couldn't afford Jordell. So the team was:

2 wardancers, 1 thrower, 1 catcher, 6 linemen and a treeman

although to be honest the treeman was more of a sapling seeing as how he missed all but one first half!

Game 1: Chris Hastings' K-otik Killers. A basic chaos team which never really managed to do the damage it should - I ended up causing the only injury of the game to one of his warriors. 3-1 to me in a somewhat one-sided match.

Game 2: Keith Sutherland's wonderfully painted orcs, The Blood Peak marauders. Poor Keith had no luck in the first half failing to pick up the ball twice, then failing to pass it when it really counted. His troll lost out to my treeman (in his only first-half appearance) and I was 2-1 up at the half. But what a comeback! Finally he started hitting me and controlling the play and when he ran in the winning TD in the last turn, I had only 4 players left on the pitch. A fabulous game despite losing it 2-3.

Game 3: Orcs again. This time it was Andy Fleming's Ork Gitz. Right from the start Andy was out for casualties and I was lucky to keep most of my players on the pitch - even if they were mostly lying with their faces in the dirt! But those trusty wardancers earned their pay and kept up a running battle with the orc blitzers. The treeman arrived at half time, now with Block, and then promptly fell over! In the end, I was lucky to keep my 2-1 lead and suffer only 2 casualties.

Game 4: Graeme Candish's Nashraks Nobbly Nobblers. Orcs yet again! By now you'd think I knew how to deal with them, but somehow it didn't work out like that. Only my run of lucky armour rolls kept me in contention and after suffering an hour-and-a-half of stuns and KOs I struggled away with a 1-1 draw.

Game 5: Finally, an opponent who wasn't using orcs. Instead, Tom Lumley presented me with his Khemri team, Sekhef Sentinals who, with 4 mummies up front, was even worse. But poor Tom; - what can you do against wood elves who get 2 blitzes? It was close for the first half and could have gone to 2-2 at one point, but when things started slipping they slipped all the way and the final score was a 4-1 win to me. Tom was a great opponent though and I really did feel sorry for his bad luck.

Game 6: In many ways my favourite of the tournament. All weekend I'd been complaining about my lack of agility-based opponents and complaining about the fact that all people seemed to want to do was hit me. So it serves me right that my wish finally came true and I got to play against skaven. Paul Gegg's Darkthunder Cheatahs to be precise. He's already given you his version of the match which I think he found a bit disappointing - what with all the 1s he rolled, but I had a great time, despite all the 1's I also rolled. (And yes Paul, I will bring different dice next year!) It was a 2-3 loss in the end, but I like to think I was only a failed dice roll away from a draw. Perhaps I should also bring some re-rolls next year as well!

So a great weekend. But one thing does puzzle me. I know for a fact that both myself and Madzit rated our games against Geggster as awesome. How then did he not get any sporting opponent points? Can anyone explain?