Match Reports

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

madzit
Experienced
Experienced

Post by madzit »

It's somehow comforting, in a slightly disappointing way, to think that Jervis will have retired, and we'll be looking up the new rules for Flying in the LRB 27 before we see aplay like that again.

A great weekend. And it's nice to put faces to names.

I took my Skaven Crookback Cripplers. 2 Stormvermin, 3 Gutter rinners, 1 thrower. 4 linerats and a Rat Ogre.

Saturday went very well. 1st game against Edwin Thorley's Chiselhurst Chameleons. A nice 1-1 draw to warm up with. (Sorry Edwin, I can't remember what race you played).

Second game was against Paul Ince's beautifully converted Alcatani Adders. The entire team was made from Warhammer pikemen. Stunning to look at, and he was kind enough to let me win 3-1.

Final game of day one put me against Xavier Tomas and his High Elf Golden Stone Golems. After the game, Grumbledook was kind enough to point out that Xavier had won the Chaos Cup! I'm very grateful he waited 'til after, or I would have gone to pieces. A total absence of luck on Xaviers part let me finish 4-1 up. Which meant that at the end of day one, I ranked a totally unexpected and undeserved 8th!

Which, in turn, meant that I had to face Geggster.

No need to go over old ground, (see the review above), but it was the most gentlemanly drubbing I've ever had. I learned a lot about Skaven, and I had my face rubbed in all sorts of dirt. Very nicely, though.

The Top Table isn't for the likes of me (a one-game-a-month-if-I'm-lucky-player), so a 4-1 defeat put me back where I belonged.

Ben Trayhorn's Hag Graef Dragons next. We ran out of time before the end, so a 2-2 draw from that one. (I'm sure I could have got the ball from his blitzer, four squares from my endzone, with two turns to play, and scored. Honest I could)

Finally Olaf Stober and his impressive Dwarven Dynamite on their tea-tray of death. If anybody knows how to get a ball from the middle of a dwarven cage full of blockers, using nothing but a bunch of wussy skaven, can they let me know. I nearly got ahead with my first blitz in about 5 years, but I couldn't quite get a gutter runner to the ball and it bounced out for a touchback. 2-1 defeat there.

A disappointing end to a great weekend, but few niggling injuries to my liver and some happy memories to bring home.

Reason: ''
BB03..Pick up on a 3..Sure Hands..[b][i]D'OH[/i][/b]
BB04..Dodge on a 2..Dodge skill..[b][i]D'OH[/i][/b]
BB05..Rat Ogre attempts a block..[b][i]D'OH[/i][/b]
BB06..Can't go..[b][i]D'OH[/i][/b]
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Geggster wrote:you were "Reffing"
what do you mean by those quotes? cheeky swine.

just you "try" and get a ticket for next year's event....

;)

Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

I think the best way of remembering what I did at BB is reading my op. reviews, because I have a lot of images and languages mixed in my mind... I remember failing go for it, riots of 4 turns, rolling lots of skulls, trying new pink dice and know that worked well but just for one match :-S and the best of all, meeting again a lot of people... I think I had much worse results than last year, but I enjoyed much more... that's what makes BB the best game.

PD: Thanks all who voted for my team as best painted, I didn't expect to win, in fact I thought that the best ones were number 1 and number 5 so I voted for them.

PD: LAA LALA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LAA LA...

If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Indigo wrote:
Geggster wrote:you were "Reffing"
what do you mean by those quotes? cheeky swine.
What the Av of a Troll Slayer? oh - and what skills does a Runner start with? :wink:

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
dantitan76
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dantitan76 »

Hello all!!! At least back, and after driving for a couple of hours and sleeping for 3, got in an "lovely" plane and worked for 10... I dont know how i can write here....

But well, the tourney! A Great One! Starting with the journey from Bishops Stortford to pick up Torsten (Tojorub) from the aiport, and with Diego (Siscor) we took the road to Notts.

We arrived late (the last one to get to the Clarence Hotel) but even so, nearly the whole Spanish Team was there waiting for us! (the Rest were all Sleeping!!!) (Just a little remark, I have a 10 sec. film of WWF Wrestling championship between Obeliz and Lupuz.... No Comment)

Saturday morning was out of this world, so many friends around that I didnt have time to say hello, they sended me to the first table to play.... The Lustrian got out of their case....

1 Kroxi, 6 Saurus, 4 Skinks, 1 RR, 1 Coach and 8 FF... (As soon i told the opponents this last things, people was playing for not getting a Pitch Invasion...)

1st Trambi (D.Elfs)
The poor elfs didn´t want to play, specialy the witch, who lost a contact lense on the 2nd turn and didnt come back in a good time. So after a 2 - 0 and a few words in French, my dices decided that a 3 - 0 was to much and started to miss... a win and 17 points. Kroxi = Guard

2nd Dave (Norse)
As soon I saw his name on the sheet, I realise that this match was special, the "Re-Match" of last years MadHobbit. That day it was a 3 - 0. But this one was going to be different.
I received and scored very quickly. After this the only 2 words to say: Tacticks and Defense. One of the best matches I´ve played defensly. I covered everything and got my skinks to help me with those assists. I recovered the ball but the score didnt move... a 1 - 0 against a Brilliant coach, who surely wants an other opportunity to change this "fate". by the way, he told me that he had a 10 victory run in tournaments since the Mad Hobbit... Sorry mate. Saurus = Strip Ball

3rd Slinky78 (C. Dwarfs)
Nearly the same story as last one, score as soon as I can, and more defense. But if in the last one i got 1 oportunity to make it 2 - 0, in this one I got about 10... One of those matches that nobody knows that it is a BB match and not a Pressing Team Catch. Sure hands is a must, but neither the skinks or the saurus didnt want to pick the ball... 1 - 0 and an other great game, See you soon Slinky for that Rematch ... Saurus = Tackle

End of this day, but not everything was over... Party at Bugmans playing WW with the ST and Longshot, speaking with nearly everybody, and playing a excited Formula D at the Hotel with the Dutch Party. I won in Zandvoort (Holland)... Diego is still moaning about this (he entered a curve in 5th Gear!!!! and finishid his Toyota in Moscu after loosing all his Tires and Break Points)
I will not mention the visit to a Gothic Pub in Notts.... to many Female Vampires around, isnt Eje?

Woke up after 5 hours sleep (Record!!!!) and prepared for more BB!

4th Michael (Amazons)
More of the same medicine, 1 - 0 and hit an run. Problem: these amazons didnt know what dodge was (except if you do it from the Kroxi...then they had those lovely sixes...) Again I coulnd score and my skinks started to fall down on their own. 1 - 1 in a quick and lucky attack, but 2 - 1 with the same "Speedy Skinks Gonzalez". More oportunities to get more TD, but they just wanted to win of one. Final 2 - 1 against a dificult team (and more in the hands of Michael) Saurus = B. Tackle

5th Peter (Necro)
The tipical game that you are not there and your opponent is. (To open with a Double Skull, RR, Double Skull...)
I would not say at any moment that i lost this one only because of my bad luck, his movements and attack were excellents, and this with a little bit of luck made the rest... 0 - 2 after turn 2 of the second half.
At this point I needed that magic touch to come back, so taking that little "WC Break" I phoned my GF to receive that high spirit and I came back to see the match from a different point of view.
And so I did, I recovered the "Mojo" to score in 3 turns. I was back... until I repeated those lovely "skinless faces"... I just hold him of scoring (after steeling one of my players the ball... 1 - 2. Saurus = B. Tackle

6th Dangerous Dave (C. Dwarfs)
Again another team with a good coach looking after them. The first half started with a 2 - 0 in a blink (receiving him!) and with a Dirty player who just touched one of my skinks and got send off... Not to remark that kroxigor intercepting a pass... and handing it off to a skink...
I was 3 players down (2 injuried and 1 ko) at the start of the second half... or was it a different game??? Blitz to him and he made the 2 - 1 in only 3 turns... the fear became stronger to my players, seeing that on the this line up, another skink was missing... well... with 5 turns to go, and the ball in my position, the "chicken run" begun. I apologize to D.D now and again, but with plenty of C. Dwarfs running in my direction with those "not so good" attitude... I tried to advance using my movement but after a turn in the middle of the pitch i needed to go back and run. (I feel ashame of this) But I it was even worst, they stopped the game with 2 turns to play, and D.D. had still the 3 RR!!! Even we tryed to "overrule" the decision, but nothing was possible. I won 2 - 1 but it was 90% a draw. Not a fair result but I can ensure that we both enjoyed the game. Dave I own you one!

With 5 wins and 1 Lost I was more than Happy, I had the tactical games that I wanted, and met lots of TBB friends. But after receiving the final results I was more than dissapointed, I finished the 55 (as my number) with 0 sportmanships points... I know that it was a mistake and will wait patiently to see if it changes.

Also got the oportunity to show around my Traveler BB, and I hope that somebody takes this Idea to make them a Reality for all of us (this goes for the "Big Bosses" of GW)

I would like to thank all the Organitation and Refs (Indigo was quiet impresive with the red card in his hand), Also to the winners!!! Well done !
But specialy to all of you!!! I cant wait to the next tournament (BarnaBowl???) Hope to see you all!!!!

Dan Titan

After so many tourneys... time to get some other things in this live...
Diana "Glu-Glu" Titan is here... You got only 17 Years left to fear!!!! ;)
dantitan76
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dantitan76 »

The Spanish Team

The Champion!

Impresive Indigo!

After so many tourneys... time to get some other things in this live...
Diana "Glu-Glu" Titan is here... You got only 17 Years left to fear!!!! ;)
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Right then...lthrough the door about ten minutes ago....lets see how much I remember.

Dwarfs: 2 Runners, 2 Blitzers, 1 Slayer, 6 Longbeards, 3 RR, 5 FF.

Game 1 - Evil Git, Lizardmen.

I've been playing lizards a bit. Badly. I was expecting them to run rings around me TBH. I got to recieve and got rid of a couple of the dodgy little gits early, KOing a few more. Andy did a nice job of positioning his players to hold me up and it took me the whole half to drive down for the score.
On the return kick off he broke through, and fell over on a GFI, which I replied to by making a complete pigs ear of my defensive moves , leaving a fairly straightforward blitz and pick up to equalize.
Getting the ball back, I started hammering into the lizards again, grinding down the field, until the last turn desperation moves left my runners, one of whom was clutching the ball, lined up against a pair of skinks, within scoring range. A nervous moment ensued as I rolled the dice: Blitzing out, pushes on the dice. Made the open dodge, and the GFI for the winning TD. An absolute nailbiter.
Block on a runner.

Game 2 - Dave (non-TBB), Wood Elves.

First half was one more loooong drive on my part, constantly shifting the cage diagonally rather than full speed ahead, constantly wary of damn Wardancers. In the end he managed to get a Wardancer in the way of my drive, but I somehow managed to bust a hole through to push in the score. 1-0 at halftime again. Second half kick off we roll weather and the rain starts, nullifying his ball handling advantage. He misses a GFI with his ballcarrier, the dwarfs secure the ball and start dishing out some serious punishment, though its mostly KOs. In the end however, he gives up with the cage having built up momentum and his players trailing desperately. A nice 2-0 win.
Block on the other Runner, and I already have more wins than last year.

Game 3 - Ianwilliams, Orcs.

Well, you've read what Ian wrote. I was a bit nervous at this stage...I'm not used to winning, or playing up on table 12, and playing Ian is prtty intimidating. He's kinda good at this game. I started off making a right mess of things, but I caught a break and managed to break through up the side (again). Too much time left to delay so I rely on my defence. It only JUST works as the black orc who was blitzing to clear my last man away from the ball skulled out.
The second half sees me powerless to stop Ian, despite my extra FF getting me a cas froma thrown rock. Then a PI seals at least a draw and buys me a chance at a win which my Runner very nearly blows by muffing his pick up. Absolutely last chance: Hand off with said runner to a blitzer, burning my last reroll. Pass to the other Blitzer, who I'd sent on a desperation run, but who had found himself in two tackle zones thanks to the muffed pick up. A 5 and a 6. At this point I'm feeling kinda bad...because I know full well I've had the breaks and don't really deserve a win here. The Dodge-to-win comes up a just 2.
Mighty Blow on the Slayer.

Day 2:

Game 4 - Colin (Non-TBB) Wood Elves
"More bloody Treehuggers" sez I. "Oh no, not Dwarfs!" sez he.
I recieve, he gets a blitz, placing a wardancer in position to catch the kick...and he rolls a 2. I consolidate down onto the ball and start the process of beating my way through wave after wave of elves positioned one square in front of me, while trying to mark his players, especially those irritating fast catchers and bouncy wardancers. I manageto keep my cool, and, much as I hate to say it, stall a couple of turns on the line. At this stage I was still entertaining vague hopes of challenging for one of the titles, figuring that 5 wins and a draw might be enough for the WWL title. I learned my lesson at Spiky about these fast teams. Colin is fine by it thanfully - he was clearly a Wargamer of considerable experience, and I was very flattered to recieve compliments on my play from him.
Second half comes around with me leading 1-0 for the fourth game in succession.
At this stage, he pulls one of those Wood Elf plays. No way I could have stopped him, because he made the rolls. Sometimes Wood Elves just win.
However, his team is starting to show the marks of being bashed about, and again I start causing some real damage on my winning drive, as he tries increasingly desperate Wardancer tricks to stop me, with a slew of horrible rolls on leaps leaving his wardancers prone a lot.
Guard on a Blitzer.

Game 5 - Andy, Undead with Luthor.

I got Luthored las year. He recieved and before I knew it the game was effectively over as two of my dwarfs went to the cas box, one of them thanks to his DP skeleton. I tried to foul out a mummy in return, only to get sent off. Desperation sets in, and for my troubles I get a badly hurt Trollslayer. He takes 8 turns to score.
Seven dwarfs line up...and they get the crap quite literally kicked out of them. The Skeleton sends two more off the pitch as I struggle in vain to grab a miracle draw or at least hold the figures down. I nearly pull off a score on a desperation play, but rerolling only one of two rolls he missed all game he does for my unprotected ballcarrier.
It ends 3-0 after I skull out on my first action after his second TD. At the end, I have four dwarfs on pitch.
He went on to take the WWL title after doing the same as he did to me to GKen. He was a nice enough guy, but his tactics were not ones that I liked at all.
Guard on my second Blitzer.

Game 6 - Michael (a German) with Amazons

Could it be a better draw? well, yes, because Michael's English is not great, and one paticular event in paticular made me not enjoy the game, not mentioning that I'm in a pretty foul mood after that last game.
First half - he recieves. I play the "just try and get past me" push away defence. He makes a break around the side, and I realise that I'm screwed if he does it right. He doesn't, electing to try and pass with a blitzer to a blitzer despite having burned his reroll. He fumbles, I get the ball, but I'm not well positioned to turn the play into a score. He seems POd that I attempt carnage on my last turn despite not being able to score (I didn't mention that he too was delighting in multiple assist fouls witha dirty player who refused to get sent off).
Second half - a looooong drive sees me sitting six squares from the endzone and untouchable. To score I need a dodge or a GFI. He has four turns left. "Take your TD" he says. I don't. Even with a reroll, I don't want to risk throwing away a certain score to a pair of ones, certainly not when the score is 0-0. He gets pissed off and mutters something to his friend on the next table, in German. I know enough German to say what I think he said was "this is a load of s**t.", pointing at the board. He uses his extra turn to foul out one of my blitzers. With three turns left I get a perfect D and he misses a dodge roll for the first time to turn the ball over. I stupidly give him a chance to equalise in the last turn by putting a few of my players near his last chance scorer and opening up the pushback into range, but he would have needed a long bomb if he had made the pick up anyway, with no reroll.

Overall - way better than I expected. 4-1-1. I may have gotten lucky, but I certainly never felt I had a very much greater chunk of luck than my opponents, all but one of whom were great to play against.

Oh, and I think I am now officially the biggest nerd in BB after taking joint first in the quiz again. Prize? a res Gutter Runner :)

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
squig87
Veteran
Veteran

Post by squig87 »

It was my first BB this year and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I learnt many things, the main thing being that strengh teams rule this style competition and that they are the most common opponents.

Necros. 2 WW, 2 Ghoul, 2 Wight, 7 Zombies, 3 RR, 2 FF. *Note that I also learnt that this team selection was a bad choice.

First game vs Undead, typical team selection with 3 ghouls. The game was tense, but he rolled alot more skulls than he should have and I managed to prevent him scored after he recieved in the first half. Second half saw me a little luck with blocks, foulings and crowd frenzying, I managed to run the ball home late in the second half. 1-0 to me and I felt I was a little lucky. DP on a zombie

A trip to table 26 against a lizardman player. I received and score but for the second kicked a pitch invasion was score, injuring and knocking out 5 of my players. This I thought was game over, I surely couldnt recover. He dragged it out and scored and I managed to get all but 1 player back after lucky regenerate and knock out rolls. He revieved second half and bashed his way to a TD with a Saurus after the touchback was given to him. I managed to reply with TD from a WW late in the second half. Then in T6 the second half I rolled a blitz and I put alot of preasure on the ball and blitzed a skink into the crowd. Although I played it well, I couldnt manage the pick up which saw the end as a draw. Block on WW. I sat next to Thardin this game who I found hilarious in his game against WE.

Next game was against TBBs Smeg Head. The banter was good and I had a laugh, this was my most fun of the weekend, against a dwarf player! :wink: He played the first half well and scored with a runner late on. We both did a good job of beating the crap outta each other in the first period. The second half saw a strong Dwarf defense which was only broken by a lucky break from a ghoul and wight. A draw in the end and I felt I was doing myself justice at this stage. Block on the other WW.

The night was fun but I wasnt prepared for the next days Bloodbowling.

Next game was against Undead and most notably against the most casualty winner. Boy, he deserved it with 7 cas against me. I was out diced casualty wise and I'm sure the top table players wouldnt have been able to compete the complete sucess he had and the complete failure I had. Lowlight of the game, fluffy needs a GFI to score and draw, he rolls a 1 followed by a rerolled 1. An opposition ghoul scoops up the ball and runs it past my 3 players. Not a fun game but my opponent was alright so I didnt mind too much.

Game 3 against Orcs. The first half was terrible, he turned me over quickly and yet again was making 2/3 of armour rolls. He fouled both WW out of the game by turn 2, I struggled away but he scored and I was feeling pissed off with my draw of hitting teams. Second half looked bleak but a little saw me run home with a wight, to equalise after turning over his thrower after some sloppy defending on his part. I kicked and rolled and I managed turn his thrower over again and score. I won, when my dice suggested I probably shouldn't have.

By this time I was saying I would play £10 to play wood elves because I woudnt get my players asses kicked. I got my wish against a player from Team Spain. This game is a blur of immense bad luck, he was a competant player but didnt speak much English at all. By turn 2 he had injured 4 players of which zero regenerated and 1 was a WW. I was mad and fed up. He only rolled a single 1 for dodges all game and again I felt I was outdiced. I was feeling sour after playing 2 undeads, dwarfs, Lizards and Orcs who had all kicked my ass around and when I get to play WE they beat me around too. He beat me 3-1 and I was way down now, finishing 120th!

I enjoyed it and picked some valuable experience for next year. All in all the Evesham crew felt they had underacheived although it was our first competition we went too bothered. Although a player of ours was on the top table by round 2, he was beat by the champ and then preceaded to play 2 undead and a khemri teams with his skavens. Bloody Murder all 3 games.

Next year expect the Evesham boys to do alot better, we didnt do ourselves justice this year and I for one want revenge!!! lol.

Squig

Berrrlitz!!!
SHAVEN WOOKIE
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SHAVEN WOOKIE »

well not bad tournament for my halflings

14 halflings
2 rookie treeman
5 re-rolls
6 fan factor

game 1 vs khemri (torpor)

well i was redy for my first crushing of the tourny going up against 4 mummies which dealt with my treeman, but my halflings being on such a big stage managed to go in at half-time 0-0. Second half was also a close as my 2nd treeman turned up but a skele managed to catch a bounce ball in my half and score lost 1-0

game 2 vs dark elves

well after the first game i fought things could only get worse started by recieving the ball halfling picks it up hands off to a fellow halfling the treeman attempts a long pass oh my word a 6 he's accurate the halfling lands TOUCHDOWN in my first turn. go in at half- time 1-0 up.
things were looking good but the elves reply 1-1. but a miracle occurs a halfling makes a charge down the pitch from his own end touchdown.
could this be my first win oh no in the last turn the elves reply
draw 2-2

game 3 vs humans (firebreather)

this was my highest scoring game of the tourny and a most fun game.
my treeman were on great form tossing halflings everywhere but was edged out just
lost 2-3

game 4 vs humans

well after the heavy drinking the night before time to play blood bowl the guy i was playing was writing an article for a future issue of fanatic mag so i did myself proud and managed a draw all would have been different and rolled a 3+ in the last turn with a re-roll for the touchdown but i bet that does not get mentioned te he
draw 1-1

game 5 vs orcs

my was this an entertaining game and near the end quite a crowd started to gather due to a miracle was about to happen. both treeman turned up in first half and there first job was to pound a troll wallop down in one and injured my halfling then procced to put nearly half the orc team off the pitch and take a 1-0 lead. but no disaster an orc blitzer grabs th ball and runs in 1-1. but all was not lost kick to the orcs in the second half the orc catcher moves to pick up the ball oh no he's fumbled a hope appears my treeman lines up the halfling for a long pass he rolls a 6 the halfling lands on his feet picks up the ball next to the trowers feet dodges out and scores victory
win 2-1

game 6 vs wood elves

not what i wanted to see managed to take a 1-0 led but the elves speed just destroyed me making the final score 1-3
lost 1-3

well managed to pick up 50 points for gaming
30 points for painting
0 for sportsmanship but did get 5 awesome games?
so hopefully should finish in the top 100 once the scores are sorted

this was a report from the nhbba
(the national halfling blood bowl assocation)

Al the Trowel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Al the Trowel »

A brief round-up though I'm feeling embarassed to have placed lower than Halflings :oops:

Santa's Little Helpers - Goblins

2 Trolls, 10 Goblins, 1 Bombardier, 6 FF, 3 RR

Team selection was based partly on what was available in the Christmas Goblin team that Indigo leant to me for the weekend, in future I think I'd trade in the Bomber for 4 more Goblins!

Game 1 Vs Michael - Amazons The Birds of Prey

My abiding memory of this game was playing catch in the first turn with a lit bomb, it went back and forth 6 times before blowing up in Bomber Dribblesnot's hands. Turnover, followed by him fouled off the pitch. The Trolls were on fire though and performed all I asked off them putting 2 TTM TDs past the Birds. Unfortunately they ran 4 past me but I'll gloss over that. A very enjoyable game to kick off with and I was more than happy not to have received a complete drubbing.
Block on a Troll

Game 2 Vs Eje - Chaos Dwarves

Lots of tackle a bogey team for Goblins. Again the Bomber played catch this time against the opposing Mino and again he blew himself up. Starting to see a pattern emerging! The Chaos Dwarves struggled to break through in the first half, but eventually scored a desperate TD on turn 6. Sweltering heat decimated both teams, only 1 troll for the last 3 turns of the half, but even less Chaos dwarves. I felt confident I could run a TD past the depleted dwarves. Failed pick-up with re-roll prevented a first half equaliser. Second Half with the Helpers receiving was more promising, the gobboes were able to roll down the flank for an equaliser in turn 6. The Bull centaurs ran forward to pressure the Gobboes in the backfield with the ball. But a scamper forward to make a quick pass (short for stunties) allowed a further scamper to handoff and outrun the dwarf defence. A troll screen helped too! A jammier TD I think than the TTMs of the previous game. A bad kick followed resulting in a touchback, I thought that had a sealed a loss, but Eje elected to give it to a Hobgoblin deep in his backfield, rather than one of the Bulls. That allowed me to pressure the ball and the potential scorers which eventually saved a draw.

I didn't care what results followed I had taken stunties to the Blood Bowl and would come away not ahving lost all my games :lol:
Block on the other troll. A really enjoyable game against the guy who won the orignal Xmas Gobbo that Indigo for the NAF christmas competition!

Game 3 Vs Anthony - Dark Elves

Anthony had been working 12 hour shifts for most of the previous week and the toll was starting to tell. A few mistakes in the first half, and some atrocious dice with elves allowed the Bomber to open a hole for my gobboes to dash through retrieve a loose a present a screen for the little mite to scamper down the pitch. 1-0 at the half and the first time I had led in a game. :o 2nd half was promising received the kick, Bomber still in play, men up TD up and the dark elves used their only reroll in the first turn. But a succession of Pow blocks decimated the team and the Dark Elves form completely turned around, they couldn't fail anything significant and the team went "squishy." I was turned over twice to lose 2-1 a good game though. Lesson learnt don't let Dark Elves drink Red Bull at half-time :wink:
Catch on a Goblin

Night-time in Bugman's played Bang!! a werewolf style card game set in the Spaghetti West with some of the ECBBL mob, Fubar and assorted other drifters. Declined Rock City cos I'm wuss!

Day two

Game 4 Vs Andrew Smith Orcs

I really enjoyed this game and not just because I won. Andrew was a great guy who I'm afraid I disappointed by not throwing any Goblins. I received in the 1st half. I set-up with the TTM threatening or a drive down the left flank. I feinted to the left preparing to TTM next turn. Double Skulls with new violet dice gave Andrew an opportunity to exploit, but a couple of blocks/blitzes on the ball carrier just pushed the litlte blighter around. Turning point followed as four goblins ganged up Andrew's Block Black Orc, smacked him down and killed him! This left a gap on the right flank which was otherwise undefended. Dodge, handoff and run! The orc sweeper was out of range but moved in anyway, the rest of the team tried to deal with my trolls. I got foul happy before scoring after the Gobboes knocked another Black Orc down. The sending off gave the Orcs a chance. The sweeper (Tackle skilled blitzer) blitzed my ball carrier but only pushed him. A second blitzer and a lineman formed a loose screen stopping my gobboes getting in to assist the ball carrier who was now pinned to the side line. But thank Nuffle for Bomber Dribblesnot. The Orc screen was plaxed in such a way that I could lob a bomb which could take out the orcs without touching the goblins. Only one hit the floor, but it let me two dice blitz my marker, form my own screen and stall for two turns, leaving the Orcs with only two turns to try to equalise that half. Two more casualties courtesy of a Troll and the crowd left me facing 8 orcs for the second half. This gave me the chance to isolate the orcs gang up on them grab the ball and score a second.
2-0 a win and my weekend complete I had posted a win with stunites.
Catch on a Goblin

Game 5 - Vs Pete (?) Lizards
I don't remember much of this game except that the saurus kept making 3 dice blocks and getting too many pows. The Goblins broke quickly! Kick on the Kroxigor effectively stymied all TTM attempts with all the kicks going wide and deep. Story of the game was my last gasp TTM attempt on turn 7 second half. A kick near the line was gatherd by a Goblin, I couldn't get it to a catcher for the handoff, so the troll went to the goblin. Accurate pass :o Nailed the landing preying the little guy would stay on his feet. Pete sweeps in with skinks for assists and a Saurus for the blitz triple pow and a fat lady choir!
5-0 loss 7-0 casualties, with another 3 caused by the crowd or failed dodges. An absolute annihilation, but still a lot of fun.

Game 6 - Vs Torg Cahos Dwarves again.
This game was a blast literally. The play went back and forth mostly as we both turned ourselves over. The minotaur played catch with the Bombardier (who survived the game) but on more than one occassion was blown up by the bomb being thrown back. Failed blocks by the dwarves let me grabbed the ball and make a run for the line, but I was still bomb happy and seeing a large block of dwarves decided to have ago. Needless to say the bomb was caught and then fumbled next to a troll. It took out a bunch of dwarves, the mino and my troll, turn over and a sacking for breakaway goblin. The Dwarves couldn't get the ball forward quick enough before time ran down. Second half a nice deep kick left me without a TTM option, scampered back to retrieve the ball and pushed forward the folloing turn. Dwarves moved in to pressure tha ball, but the mino frenzying into a 1/2 dice block left me with an opening. All I needed was a handoff of to the Bomabrdier, who could then run forward to pass to a waiting receiver. 3 turns and 3 rerolls happened before he finally had the ball in his hands. The pass was accurate but two TZs prevented the catch. A hobgoblin gathered the ball, handed off to a BC and ran for the line. A 1/2 dice block sacked the Centaur, but a Hobgoblin was still able to grab it and score in turn 7. 14 turns played at 0-0 between CDs and Goblins must be some sort of record. Torg setup with a TTM safe defence. I managed to get the goblin forward in range of the endzone but failed on my first dodge.
1-0 loss but an absolutely awseome game. I feel quite priviliged to have played one of the few trans-atlantic visitors.

Looking forward to next year already, but I think Tempus Few Gits will return to try and raise my Human rating a bit more. I've got the Goblins out my system.

[i]No, [b]this[/b] is a trowel[/i]

[size=75]Nuffle is a Blackshirt[/size]
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

ianwilliams wrote:I was told that one of the events team admitted there had been a mistake - Dan Titan scored 0 for sports...
but then we all know Dani's some kind of a jerk :wink: :wink: :wink:

OK come on Dan .. shoot me if you can :lol: :lol:

juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

McDeth wrote: Needless to say you’ve seen the score it was 1-1. Even Juergen stood up for the 6+ pass as both him and myself were stunned into silence at this stage.
you forgot to mention that you used my dice for the long bomb and the catch :lol:

my reports will follow as soon as work allows it

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

I had 0 for sports too...

If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.
Deacon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Deacon »

Sisters of Nuffle (Amazons)
4 Blitzers
2 Catchers
1 Thrower
4 Linepersons!
Apoth
3 RRs
6 FF

5 wins and a draw. (How the hell did I manage that!?)

Game 1 vs Dark Elves
Retrieved ball whilst on the defensive and took the lead late in the 1st half. Bit of handbags in the 2nd half and I couldn't increase my lead. Apothecary walks up and down the sideline sticking plasters on paper cuts. Hmmm...could she be a waste of money? Score : 1-0

Game 2 vs Chaos Dwarves.
Loud expletive. Played Jim Lanier (Old Man Monkey) and his roaming band of maniacal dwarves, minotaur and bull centaurs. Mother help! The Dwarves piled forward and the ladies piled towards the dugout. It wasn't quite that bad and but for a two-dice block failure on Turn 6 I would have stopped him scoring on his last turn.
On the restart one his Bull Centaur's saw a bit too much Amazonian leg and decided to go and take a cold shower. Scored early in the 2nd half and then watched his Minotaur fall over and break it's neck. Possible chance to snatch a victory was stalled by his cage. Score : 1-1

Game 3 vs Lizardmen
The Amazonian running game was in top gear now..1st! A rather improbable pass from one of the Linewomen allows a late score in the first - the pass was inaccurate but scattered to the catcher anyway. Start of the 2nd and he sends a lone skink down the wing with the ball. A single 3-dice block later and I have the ball..now what do with it? Nothing - a single Saurus (which had obviously taken ballet lessons) skips his way through tackle zones to blitz my catcher late on. Score : 1-0

Game 4 vs Orcs
4 Black Orcs and 4 Blitzers! The ladies prepare themselves for another game of stubborn defence. The initial Orc drive is repelled and on their own offence the ladies score on Turn 4. At this stage I have mastered the legendary '7-(wo)man Amazonian defence' tactic. Score : 1-0 (spotting the pattern yet)

Game 5 vs Necromatics
2 wolfies and a flesh golem with Guard. His Werewolf with Block leaves early after my Dirty Player 'tickles' him. The Flesh Golem proves to a major pain, but I concentrate on putting anything down that can move faster than a turtle (non-Ninja variety). Somewhere along the line I score (it's just a blur at this stage). Score : 1-0 (wake up children, only one more to go)

Game 6 vs Chaos Dwarves
Six of them this time with a pair of Break Tackling Bulls to end the day. I receive and sweep the attack up one side of the board before rolling my cage to the other. Score on my 5th, perhaps a little too early as I spend the rest of the game defending. Doh! I repeatedly dump the Bulls on the floor and get lucky once more. Who needs overtime to beat Chaos Dwarves? Score : guess!

Six games and only one Touchdown conceded. All I need to to do now is learn to score more than one touchdown a game to ease my blood pressure in future games. :D

Provisionally I finished 9th, but even better the only other guy who came from our league wins the Tournament - Mordredd. :D :D :D

Finally, for those opponents that played me, I was the one plying you with wine gums, so you'll all to blame for me putting on weight over the weekend. :P

Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

Ok a quick match report as i cannot remember much which has more to do with not feeling well than the drink :wink:

My team thrower, 2 catchers, 2 blitzers, ogre 6 linemen, 3 RR and 1 FF

Match 1 vs WE (one of the spanish team who i am sorry cannot remember your name)

Kicked and was 1 nill down within two turns. Pulled it back to 1-1 in the second half and lost in the war of cas as only cause one to his two :oops: this was going to be tough and a riot effectively stopped any chance of a win. Took Block on the ogre

Match 2 vs Baerbels Lizards

This took place on a stunning pitch which Frank had made and was a pleasure to play on. My first female opponent and a tough opponent to boot.
Kicked again and a was one nil down within two turns again. Recieved and a great kick placed the ball one square from my three on the line and a blitz meant i lost the ball without picking it up.

second half Riot meant i only had five turns to score two Td's. pulled off a good two turn td and manged a turn over but the last turn failed a long pass for the equalizer. Surely one of these riots would go my way (sorry Timun :wink: ) Took tackle on blitzer

Match 3 vs Siscor

I had played against Diego at Pearly's so knew it was going to be fun. Kicked and was again 1 nil down within two turns :evil: this was turning into a bad habit. Pulled it back. Both my ogre and his ratogre must have been partying the night before as nether did more than four turns of anything just boneheaded and wild animal in fact i think the RO spent four turns trying to stand up.
managed to score on my next drive (second half recieving) but the game was cut three turns short by our time limit to stop diego repeating our 2-2 draw of pearlys. Took Surehands on thrower

Match four vs Elonti's Pro Elves

Good game was 1 nil down within two turns (copy and paste) :evil:
Scored on my next drive to be 1-1 at half time. Elonti was taking the fact that he was running out of players very well with four cas and three refusing to come out of the KO box. Went two 1 up and had a chance to go 3-1 but i'm not going to go into how i did not score or the fact the ball ended up in my endzone (anyway Firebreather can describe it better than me and i think even the barmaid knows what happend as told every one i saw.) Took Guard on blitzer

Match 5 vs Edwins Lizards

A great game copy and paste last four matches 1 nil down. But with a difference first move of first turn one dice block on my ogre with his kroxy injured second block of the day saurus takes out a lineman for the rest of the day. I was going to get absolutely peed on. Set a cage rolling along the sideline and lets just say Edwin found out that you go no where near the sideline with two blitzers roaming about. Finished the score drive on turn eight and he had three players on the pitch. Edwin was very close to pulling of a win in the second half but my tackle blazer halted a dodging run from a skink for me to hand off, run and throw and sprint to the endzone for my second win of the tournament and only third in my history of competitions. Took dodge on catcher.

Last game vs Timun’s CD’s

Timun out played me and was losing players fast (ko’s mostly) went 1 nil down in about turn five which makes a change. By half time I was in damage limitation mode. By a stroke of incredible luck pulled back an equalizer but with so few players the defeat was on the cards with four turns left and Timun’s full squad vs my seven players roll on the Kick off table ……….. four turn riot, Timun was robbed of an easy victory and I felt very guilty but hey that’s Bloodbowl it was about time a riot helped me out. Great Opponent who took it well even though I was sneezing all over the place and feeling terrible.

Fantastic tourney and finished with a drawer on table 41 figured I was going to be 80’s maybe just in the 90’s with 2 wins, 3 drawers and only one defeat. Nope 109th gutted counted how many people above me with less “game points” than me when I was on the bus going home, 31 which made me feel worse

Still roll on next year and this is turning into a long post

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?