Match Reports

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Match Reports

Post by DoubleSkulls »

It was much, much better this year. The organisation was better, there was less niggling/cheating/unsporting guys and I think most people were moaning about their luck rather than their opponent. Norse - give it a try next year!

Mordor Uniteds lineup
4 Black Orcs
3 Blitzers
2 Line
1 Thrower
2 Gobbos
3 RR
1 FF

I'd switched from my 4 blitzer/3 BOB lineup because I thought I was more likely to face strength teams.

Game 1 - Johan Lagnel (Mastakilla) - Wood Elves.
Massively hungover and tired (up until 3am drinking...) I didn't really fancy my chances, but Mastakilla's leaps failed to get the ball into a position he could secure. I couldn't stop the catcher running in for an equaliser (3+, 3+ 2+ dodges to score :roll:) but plenty of time left for a comfortable 2-1 win for the Orcs. I took Dirty player on a line orc.

Game 2 - Ian Banks (?) - Chaos Dwarves.
Ianand I had a great tactical game in the 1st half, lining up blocks and pushes for maximum advantage. However the dirty player took out both BCs and a CD and the 2nd half turned into a bit of a one sided game. 2-0 for Mordor Utd and Guard on a BOB.

Game 3 - David Munro (Thadrin) - Dwarves
My late night was catching up with me and another grinding tactical battle didn't quite work out. I snake eyed a GFI to get the guard next to the ball carrier for the blitz, leaving me out of position and the Dwaves rolled down one side for a 6 turn score. Then a break away gobbo threatened the equaliser but was sacked by a blitzer and 0-1 at half time. A steady orc drive resulted in an equaliser and I decided to leave enough time to try and win it - however Thad's FF5 won him a 6 man pitch invasion and with some more luck he could have nicked a winner but failed the 3+ dodge at the end. 1-1 and guard on another BOB

Game 4 - Steve McEwan (McDeth) - CDs
More damn dwarves. I received and squeezed in a half time lead. Steve decided to go for it, giving me the opportunity to turn him over and with a few casualties in my favour I scored again for a comfortable 2-0 win. Strip Ball on a blitzer.

Game 5 - Geerten Mast (Grotimus) - CDs :roll:
Table 7 and yet more CDs. I knew going into the game I'd have to win by 3 to have any chance of making the final so chose to receive and made a 4 turn score. Then unluckily his Break Tackle BC failed a dodge, leaving the ball handler wide open and I turned him over and scored for 2-0. However there was a dead turn at the end and the crowd took out a BOB as did a Block. Then the sweltering heat kicked in and I lost another. 7 players for the 2nd half! However luck was with me and 2 CDs and the remaining BC all failed their rolls to leave it a 7 a side game. The half was extremely tense - Geerten knew he needed to stop me scoring so he'd get some points. I managed to turn him over and in a topsy turvey few turns neither of us managed to secure possession - although he did fumble a long bomb - and with a couple more players out I managed to get the 8th turn score for 3-0.

Game 6 - Luke Gregory (Blitzwing) - Skaven
Sputnik had managed 3 more points than me so I just missed out on the final, but the stakes were still high. Luke is a fellow blackshirt and I think this was the only derby game we had the whole tournament. Fouling, blocking and a failed apoth took care of both storm vermin in the 1st 3 turns and with numerical superiority we took a 1-0 HT lead. I couldn't quite stop the rats pulling one back (snake eyed a dodge to pickup the loose ball) but ran in a 2-1 winner.

5 wins and a draw is a great record and thanks to all my opponents who were great sports and I had a really good time. Andy Hewitt had managed to beat gken 4-1 on table 4, which allowed him to overtake me so I finished 3rd on game score and 6th overall. :D :D :D

BTW somehow I managed to drop points on painting/theme - so if you know why can you let me know so I don't do it again?

Reason: ''
Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Well played Ian, i think GW may have screwed up the results for Painting and sportmanship, the sportmanship points dont seem to follow anything that was in the original tournament pack anyone know how it was worked out.

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

I would like to know how the sportsmans points were worked out?

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I was told that one of the events team admitted there had been a mistake - Dan Titan scored 0 for sports...

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

there was two guys i played, and I had put awsome game on , but htey both scored zero?????

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Got to agree i had a much better time than last year games were good and there seemed to be a much better atmosphere in the bar (Could just be cos i drunk more) After the debacle of my skaven last year i went for my tried and tested humans
3 Blitzers
2 Catcher
2 Thrower
5 Lineman
3 re-rolls
Fan Factor 5

Game 1 vs ? Orcs
Really not the start you want at a tourney this guy was highly irritating and cheated to boot (I refuse to go in to details as i`m trying to blank it form my mind :wink: ) Went in at half time 1-1 after a long orc drive gave me 2 turns to equalise which i did pulling off a longbomb. Recieved in the second half then failed a quick pass to make it,at this point the opponent began to see different numbers on dice than me :evil: and promptly took out both my catchers, numbers eventually told and i lost 2-1
I retreated to the bar to drown my sorrows, to be honest i felt like going home already. Took Guard on blitzer

Game 2 vs Venomous Breath - Goblins
This game started really badly for me with one of the trolls causing a couple of casualties while Nobbla went around chainsawing my Blitzers, things went so bad that VB spent most of the half apologising :lol: Went in a half time 1 down. I was convinced id lost this game :oops: then my luck changed i scored a quick TD then got a blitz on KO to take a 2-1 lead with just one turn left, Guess what the troll got an accurate throw with the goblin and made it 2-2 a great game that gave me the kind of lift i needed. Took tackle on blitzer

Game 3 vs Shaven Wookie - Halflings
Stunties again, by this time i had a blitzer with tackle who made a big difference this time i had two 1 turn TD`S against me but managed to score 3 in return i think my late night the night before caught up with me cos i cant remember much else, but it was the only game i marked as awesome all weekend, so it must have been good.A great laugh against a really nice player that i hadnt met before. Took Guard on blitzer

Game 4 Vs ? - Amazons
Strange amazon team with no catchers, again my tackle blitzer was instrumental as well as my two guard blitzers, turned him over early rushing the ball carrier and forcing him to make a throw which didnt come off got the ball caged up and went in 1 up. 2nd half caged up again ran out 2-1 winners, Another good game.

Game 5 VS Ithilkir - Skaven

We started with one of the most boring halfs of Bloodbowl ever (Thanks to me :P ) I caged up and plodded up the field nothing on any note happened until the last turn when the skaven succesfully managed to cage my cage well enought to stop my thrower being able to run through for the TD instead had to hand off to a catcher with a couple of GFI`S very tense when i had to re-roll the 2nd 1. 1-0 up HT.
At this point Ithilkir seemed to lose the plot a little as he ran a lone GR with the ball down the pitch with little of no support, he was conseqently smashed to the ground with complete chaos occuring afterwards. The ball went back and forward eventually the rats got hold of a needed a simple quick pass between to GR for the TD some terriible rolls saw the ball go into the crowd. The ball went into the crowd about 4 time in the second half eventually i managed to get hold of it and cage for a 2-0 Win,
Another good game

Game 6 Vs Ancalagon - Lizards
Up against Ancas beautiful lizards that won best painted, He completly outplayed me and was unlicky to go in 0-0 at the break, I recieved 2nd half a perfect defense helped him to a turnover 0-1 after juast 2 tunrs.
By this point i was down to 7 Men against a full lizard squad pulled off a miracle play with a longbomb pass to equalise but still expected to lsoe 2-1. 4 turns to go and managed to pull of a very lucky blitz with a cacther to slow the lizards. Anca then had big trouble trying to move the ball and it ended 1-1 :D (Its fair to say that he was robbed)

Think i finished about 42nd 70 game pts, 3 Wins, 2 Draws, 1 Loss.

Think ive just written more words in one post than in my other 300 :wink:

Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

First up, what a terrific event. Although I’m probably biased, I think the scoring system made for an exciting event with many coaches entering into the second day with a good chance of winning, let alone getting a good placing. It was good to see a whole range of teams on the top tables and that the speed teams didn’t have it their own way at all. In fact, I really enjoyed the fact that I played six different races in my six games. Surely a testament to the tournament itself.

Took my trusty skaven in an attempt to defend the Most TDs I won last year. Four Gutter Runners, three re-rolls, one stormvermin, seven linerats and an apo.

First game, Da French Coach on table 53 with his Humans. Well, nothing went right for him. I used my runners to put pressure on his backfield and turned him over twice in the first half to lead 3-0. It should have ended 5-2 but Gerard failed the last GFI and I won 6-1 instead. Took Strip Ball on a Gutter Runner.

Next up was Slinky on Table 6 using Chaos Dwarves. This turned out to be one of my most intense and enjoyable games, ever. Paul ran a good cage in the first half but was a little lucky that my Strip Ball attempt was caught by the runner at the end of his move. The luck returned to me when he failed a GFI to set up a cage on my goal-line and my runner was away. Only one bull-centaur could reach me. Needing a pow, he got it and also managed to dodge his other BC out to recover the ball (all without re-rolls left). 1-0 down at the half. Pants. Managed 1-1 early second half and then got a blitz and recovered. Oh, the swings and roundabouts of tournament games. Paul needed another of those BC pow blitzes to stop it going 2-1 and got it again! The ball skittled around near his goal-line for a few turns until a hobbo picked up and sent a BC free. Facing defeat, my linerat safety just about managed to sack the BC and again the ball seemed to be skittling around, this time near my goal-line. The BC’s eventually failed something (the pick-up for the score!) and I then failed a catch for the win. An immense game finished one-apiece. Took Kick on a linerat.

Next oppo was Odium Khan’s fabulous Khemri on table 8. He put in a great defence but my speed won through for the opening score. Then came the task of trying to stop him forming a cage which would surely lead to me being completely pummelled. Well, kick worked an absolute treat. Twice I managed a deep kick and ran my entire team behind the mummies to screen the sure-handed ball-carrier from the safety of his cage. The Runners played brilliantly and recovered the ball in TZ’s whenever I asked it of them and I formed a fortunate 3-0 lead. I couldn’t stop the last cage being formed and Mika scored a very easy TD for 3-1. Took Tackle on the StormVermin.

Sunday morning. Playing Madzit’s skaven on Table 4. By now the Runners were on fire! Kick, strip ball and tackle all played their part as well as Pete’s apo failing; leaving him with 9 for the best part of the match. Runners in his back-field and a succession of fumbles and both-downs from Pete led to a 3-0 lead. The game finished 4-1 but longer in the memory will be Pete’s terrific reaction to his poor dice. This win catapulted me up to table one for game five and I took block on a gutter runner, knowing that Mordedd’s Undead awaited me.

The placings meant that any kind of win, would put me in the Grand Final. Aaaghh! I needed the good play from the Runners to continue for me to get that result but the guys luck eventually ran out on me. I managed the score on my opening drive and felt confident that the game was within my grasp as I pressured his cage deep in his field. My best chance of stopping him, the tackling vermin got himself KO’d and believing myself to be in for a stalling score and therefore perhaps having only one chance to bring him back in the entire match I, perhaps in error, apo’d him. The sure-handed ghoul ran off down the pitch with only a mummy for company. I got to him for the blitz but couldn’t knock him down. And so the game turned. In the next five minutes, I lost my best GR injured, conceded the equalising score and then wasted my last re-roll when Mordredd’s kick fortunately landed on my LOS in three tackle zones (two of them being mummies). A possible half-time lead had turned into a 2-1 down with five late casualties. Mordredd was going to the final and used his numerical advantage superbly to snuff out all remaining chance. It became 3-1 and a late run from a surviving runner could have rescued some pride with 3-2 but instead a failed pick-up meant that there was no re-roll for the failed catch and Mordredd slammed the door shut with a 4-1. Very disappointing and not only did I severely fall down the rankings, but my “Most TDs” defence was now disappearing from view. Took Dirty Player on a linerat.

Final game, Andy Stickland (Stikki) on Table 11. Wood Elves with no re-rolls, two strip ball wardancers and a no-showing treeman. A really odd game, to be honest. Managed the first score and waited for a failed something. Didn’t have to wait long and was looking good for a hatful. Runners still had their mind on the last game as a run of ones (from both of us to be fair) meant that the ball jumped this way and that for the entire half. It also meant that ball-recovery took precedence over fouling the floored wardancers and so they bugged me all game. A few less ones in the second half until Andy failed a late chance of a tying score meaning that I won 3-2.

And so 4 wins, 1 draw and a loss (from effectively the semi), 18 TDs (finished tied second on TDs with Mordredd – least I didn’t lose to him on everything) but ended up down in 40th as I received absolutely no sporting points. Apparently, there may be some errors on that (as internationally known good sport, Dan Titan also got no sporting points and finished outside the top 50 with 5 wins), but still a little disappointing.

Six great games against six really decent chaps. A tournament to live long in the memory. Roll on next year.

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

Very enjoyable weekend. Quick summary as I'm still half asleep, didn't take notes, and it's nearly lunch...

Bo Selecta (don't ask) Chaos Dwarves
5 CDs
2 Centaurs
5 Hobgobs
3 RR 4FF

Game 1 Steve - Humans
Good solid start to the tournament, a few knockdowns and an attempt to break my cage left a lot of humans in contact, so the beating began. A failed dodge by a catcher later in the half left a hole in his defence, and I went 1-0 up. The second half began with just 8 humans on the field, the viscious cycle ensued, and it ended 3-0 with 6 cas to me (plus a foul).
Break tackle on BC

Game 2 Paul "Geggster" Gegg - Skaven
Thankfully Paul has outlined the game above. All due respect to my other opponents, but I think this is the best game I've ever played...ever. I was suitably nervous facing someone I knew was a top quality coach, and the nature of the game did nothing to help, every move/roll seeming crucial. I got a bit of luck to lead 1-0 at the half, when I thought I'd blown it. Slightly lax defence and clinical offence 1-1. Then the blitz... :o I saw disaster written all over the game from then. Mad scramble... brilliant - right to the last dice roll. Paul was an absolute pleasure to play against and it got one of my rare awesome ratings, so the scoring is clearly off. Break tackle on other BC

Game 3 Dan Titan - Lizards
Brain was slightly fried after game 2 - not an excuse, except for the fact I can't remember much of it off the top of my head. Dan went for a strong line-up, 6 saurus and krox. Made it hard to get to the skinks to kill them. Opening kick landed wide on the line of scrimmage, which was hard to recover and I never really recovered from the pressure, to go 1-0 down. Second half kick went deep and I went after the ball with a bull centaur. Got a both down against a saurus and re-rolled to keep the bull in the open to hunt the skinks - in retrospect a bad decision as the saurus was marked by a hobgob. It degenerated into a ruck in the middle with the ball seemingly always spilling into the middle so i couldn't get it away. Tough game, fair result (pleased it was just 1-0 in the end), sporting opponent who I'd like to play again.
DP on hobgoblin

Game 4 Juck101 - Lizards
Original opponent went awol so Juck got moved up the table to play me, which I was pleased with as I'd had a couple of drinks with him the night before - not so pleased to see he had lizzies. Had said I needed practice against them - maybe not quite so soon... He had the more 'normal' line up with 3rr and no krox. He scored turn 6 after 3 dodges into tackle zones to hand off - f**king stunties. 2 turns to equalised I picked up from deep, handed off between hobgobs, then passed to a 3rd in range for the td on a 4+, made it but then dropped the catch with re-roll. The skink killing was going much better this time though. Equalised early in second half with the hope of the turnover for 2-1. He was down to 8 and a rock disrupted his LOS. Had to blitz the ball carrying sole surviving skink deep in my half with a hobgob - both down, and thankfully stunned him. The saurus then picked up! Again a hobgob had to blitz, and got push or both down... decided to push to sideline, which was an error with hindsight as he had break tackle. He got the push, needed 2+ dodge and two gfi's, and I was rather relieved when he failed the first gfi. I then took the p*ss with my good fortune, when having picked up the ball the turn previous had only one chance to score, hand off to bull centaur - no re-roll, made it, then ran the 18 squares to score. A jammy 2-1 but a lot of fun, and Juck took it all in good humour.

Game 5 Harry Harrington - Wood Elves
Damn, never played against woodies before either...
After some reasonable cas rates decided he could score quickly if he wanted and I'd get two shots to score, and plenty time to pulp his team in the process. The reality being I got 2 ko's first half and 1 cas turn 7 of the second. Had to pull all the stops out on defence to contain a relatively large number of elves. Somehow kept him out for the first half.
He managed to disrupt my cage going forward, and I sensed impending doom. Managed to squeeze it down the right flank, and a failed dodge by him gave me a second turn to consolidate a little. His leap in failed, 1-0. He had 4 turns left to level, and got a touchback before getting the ball down my left with a loose screen all around. Really not sure how, but got the blitz in and managed to hold out. Harry writes for Fanatic magazine, so hopefully he took rather better notes on this than I did, he played well to essentially win the attritional war, so was rather delighted to keep the clean sheet.

Game 6 Julian Hargrave - amazons
Thought I must be able to hurt this lot of av7's, but possibly got a bit carried away trying to kill them (which again didn't really happen) and conceded turn 4. He managed to kick into my endzone which didn't help, but ground down the side, turn 8 had a chance to get a bc in, dodge and 3 gfi's all on 2+, rolled a 1 straight off, half time.
Finally got 3 of the girlies off the field but Julian played a decent screen defence. He'd got the kick in the endzone again, and chased up so a handoff down the middle left him a touch overstretched. Good recovery on his part and tired conservatism on mine meant we got to turn 7 and the chance to score again came down to 2+ dodge, 3 gfi's. Failed the second gfi, game over 0-1. Nice opponent, frustrating game from a personal perspective as I felt I didn't give my best performance even with the 1's - will have to work on stamina for next time. :wink: Probably looked like the worst sport in the world during this and game 3, the lack of banter was purely due to me being knackered and having to try and avert disaster with my last ounces of concentration - which was of somewhat limited success.

Overall really enjoyable. Shade disappointed with my final points tally of 70 (W3, D1, L2) but in a way pleased that I now feel I should be doing well as opposed to hoping not to get a hiding. Great to meet lots of friendly faces and cheers to the boys who bought me beer for the shirts - greatly appreciated - although I now need to know if the tiredness and losses in both 3rd games was due to tiredness from too much beer, or sobering up around then from not enough beer...

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I played CDs

1st game against Emberbreeze (Ben) - Dark Elves

a 4 blitzer 7 linos line up. Not such a good line up for me as tackle was wasted and Block much less effective. Went 1-0 up and sweltering heat meant a lot of Ben's players missed a 2 turn drive - in retrospect good for him since they would all be back for 2nd half. Bull centaur went to the cas box after failing a gfi to blitz (its not only Sputnik that can do this!)... so Ben equalised. I then had 5 (?) players out on sweltering heat for the 2nd half - a cas or 2 later and I was 2-1 down and struggling. got the ball again but (jammy CD play) but other bull fell over on a dodge and instead of being in a position to equalise the elves scored to win 3-1. No cas for me:-( - took break tackle on a Bull

2nd game against Dave L - Necros.

Good blitz got a werewolf off on turn 1. Scored to go 1 up. The other were spent a lot of the game KO'd so it was left to the ghouls to annoy me. 2 4+ dodges and a 3+ equalised the game. The rest of the game was a struggle and it finished 1-1 - at one point I rolled 7 skulls in a row. Took Block on Bull

3rd game - v Wood Elves

2 Dancers, 2 throwers and rest linos. Both Dancers came to the cage and were prompltly despatched to the cas box by tackle hungry dwarves. Elves tried some long bombs when they had the ball but with lots of players in the KO box it was fraut with danger and I won 2-0. Took Dirty Player on a hobbo

4th game v Orcs

Just made the start (why 9:00 AM when you have been clubbing to 3AM?) Don't remember much about this managed to win with the bull picking up the ball and unning it in in the last turn - a 2-1 win. Took Mighty Blow on a CD

5th game v Undead

Apart from the first couple of turns against the Woodies my dice had been less than average (IMHO). That was all to change. Ignored the mummies and beat up the rest of the team. A bull even managed to catch the ball after a blitz on the Kick off table :-) 4 cas and a 4-0 win put me in the top 20 tables. Apologies to my opponent who couldn't roll a thing. Took Mighty Blow on a CD

6th game v Dan Titan's lizards

A game of 1 half and 2/3rds! :-(

My dice were bad and with kick off staying at the line of scrimmage meant I got out of position. My rerolls went very quickly and I was in big trouble - the ball was turned over and I was down 1-0. Received again and was again in trouble. Managed to get the ball back and tried a long bomb which was intercepted bya Krox :-( who handed it off to a skink to score - 2-0 down and looking grim. However, I had started to reduce Dan's players. A blitz allowed me to score early and I had Dan's team on the run. I tied up his Saurus and my extra players went skink hunting. 3 turns of the skink running away was about to end (with the skink knocked down) when time was called. an equaliser was by no means certain - but I had 2 turns and all 3 rerolls to Dan's none. A great game but not the perfect way to finish - the start was delayed due to the painting awards and late posting of the match ups.

Seems my painting was cr@p (yes I agree!) and my sportsmanship wasn't too great either (I did try honest!). Overall although in the top half, I would have been a fair bit higher but for these 2 elements.

Enjoyed it - very tiring - and well done to Sputnik.

Dave

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Chaos Dwarfs

Played 6 Won 3 drew 2 Lost 1

1st Game: Ancalagon ( Lizard men ). 0-0

Anca’s beautifully painted team took to the pitch and started a run of block dice and losing the toss that remained familiar throughout the whole tournament for the Destroyers. The lack of blocking ability of the Chaos Dwarves was matched only by the non-ability of Anca’s skinks to dodge. Defence dominated first half meant the CD’s kept the score to 0-0. And the destroyers confidently strode to the pitch to receive the 2nd half. Anca however had other ideas and calmly started to pick apart the CD’s with his faultless Block Dice and made it just as hard for me. In fact he should have won, a chance to win it in turn 5. Meant he stalled for one turn when an easy Td was their. Angrily the CD’s Blitzed got the ball back and fouled the skink off the pitch, leaving only Saurus to pick it up. They failed but a lone skink could still make it and got there in turn 8 only to fail the first gfi of the two needed to secure a win. Great game, but the start of a frustrating weekend. On a side note the big guy didn’t fail bonehead once or cause a turnover.

2nd Game Tom Lumley ( Khemri ) 1-0

Tom started with a bang, the normal loss of toss meant he got to bludgeon my blockers around and soon after rolling no less than 4 armour rolls in the first two turns of 11. Had the destroyers reeling. The problem was the ball. Not only could Tom not pick it up, but also it meant he couldn’t even get into my half even with a huge numerical advantage.

2nd half with only 1 Bull Centaur and 3 Chaos dwarves and 4 hobbo’s against his 11 men, meant this was going to be tough. Somehow and I’m not sure how managed to break through and score what turned to be the winning TD. Tom spent the next 4 turns unsuccessfully trying to pick the ball up.

3rd Game Ithilkir ( Skaven ) 2-0

After what could have been two disastrous starts. I won the toss, and in a reversal of fortune, the CD’s picked up a casualty and a KO in the first turn. A quick score and pressure on the dwindling Skaven numbers forced Steve into making rolls he didn’t want to and eventually a turn over ensued, which prevented the equaliser.

2nd half again dwindling numbers held back Steve, and after a few heroic attempts eventually the ball was coughed up and a Hobgoblin snatched it up with glee, to make the final score 2-0. Things were beginning to look up. Still hadn’t conceded a TD and in Two games the opposition hadn’t even been in my half ;-0

4th Game IanWiliams ( Orcs ) 0-2

Oh dear completely outplayed in this one. Can’t remember the last time I’d been resigned to defeat.
After a promising early first half, knocked the ball free, but couldn’t capitalise, and 1-0 at half time meant that to progress further I had to take risks.

Burnt re-rolls very early with some poor dice and with men down and Ian still blocking par excellence (even with a few double skulls along the way) was forced into making a break with a Bull hoping for a mistake which would give me a chance to score and then look to turnover was never meant to be and in hindsight a bridge to far for a dwindling in number side. Although I’m not sure whether I could have done much else, as Ian continued to dominate, turned over and made a comfortable 2-0 win.

Probably my most disappointing game. When you play someone as good as Ian you need to be on top form. It wasn’t the result that disappointed it was a poor performance from me, never really put the Orcs under any pressure and a few silly errors didn’t help. Even more disappointing was the fact that I was completely outplayed. Ian knew his team inside out, took no chances and in my opinion completely trounced me. In fact it was the first time I’ve ever been beaten in tabletop by more than 1 TD.

5th Game ( Lizardmen ) 3-1

Lost toss again, and I was beginning to think of the game against Anca yesterday. However suddenly everything turned around completely. Very quickly. Failed pick up meant I swamped the backfield and get the ref, meant I slowly took apart the skinks. Half time came having turned over the Lizzies, leading 2-0. With only two skinks left, the Destroyers scored a third and gave the Lizzies a chance to score one back. They did without any trouble whatsoever.

6th Game Juergen ( Norse ) 1-1

Should have been a good match up for the Chaos Dwarfs, but lost the toss yet again, so had to be on the receiving end of yet another set of faultless block dice. This was one of those completely unbelievable games. Juergen totally dominated and shredded my AV 9 like tissue. He had trouble trouncing the Hobgoblins but the Dwarfs just seemed to wilt before him. I couldn’t repay him, and my handbagged CD’s were only to content to push him around a little. Juergen scored fairly easily if I remember leaving me three turns to equalise. Having already had a crap half of poor dice, with no re-rolls I managed to make a good break with the Bull Centaur and forced myself into a scoring position, with a covering Hobgoblin. The script wasn’t to be. Without rerolls Juergen gfi’s players for an assist to cancel my hobgoblin ,then Gfi’d a 2 die blitz MY CHOICE :evil: and POW’ed the Bull..

2nd half, My ko’s came back, but the dice rolls didn’t, failed a gfi with sure feet no less than three times and double skulled twice. It didnt help that Juergen rolled blitz on the kick off and knocked my guys away from his making it a nightmare start. The final gfi failure was a killer as it meant the Bull was virtually home free, with Juergen out of re-rolls and only 1 player would have been free to blitz. For a two dice my choice.
Failed gfi meant it was now an easy two dice blitz, it wasn’t to end there though. The next few turns I’ll probably remember forever, and turned from being another frustrating game into one I’ll remember for a long time. 3 turns left now for me to somehow score. Juergen fouls the Bull and gets sent off. OOPS oh no he doesn’t the Ref argues the call and the Bull is stunned. I move a Hobgoblin to put a Tz on one of the players and basically stand the rest of my players up. Juergen fouls the bull again, Sent off. Oops no argues the call successfully again. This time doesn’t stun the Bull. Picks up the ball and passes it downfield where his catcher drops the ball. Ok I work out what I need. Hobgoblin needs to stand up, dodge and gfi twice for the endzone. Then I need to blitz and knock down the catcher near the ball. Then the last Hobgoblin needs to dodge, pick up the ball, dodge, gfi, long bomb and catch.

Ok that’s 3+, 2+, 2+. 2dice need a Pow or Dodge down. 3+,3+,3+,2+,6+,3+.

Needless to say you’ve seen the score it was 1-1. Even Juergen stood up for the 6+ pass as both him and myself were stunned into silence at this stage.

Again felt completely outplayed but the end result at least made me feel a little happier about the three failed Sure-footed Gfi’s and the Double Skulls. Oh yeah Big Guy didnt fail bonehead once again :cry:

Whew.

No idea where i finished. Sheets i saw which were 4 all got marked as awesome game and painting was good but god knows what GW\made of that

McDeth,
"Can't Sleep Clowns will eat me"

"Who's that Reverend Green??"
Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

Steve, that's something like a 142-1 shot for your last TD. So you'll need to remember it for a while as it'll be another 24 years at the Bloodbowl before you equalise like that again.

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

lol tell me you haven't just worked it out :roll: :lol:

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

the best i could calculate was a less than 1% chance ;-). that just about puts it into perspective i think :o

McDeth,
"Can't Sleep Clowns will eat me"

"Who's that Reverend Green??"
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Spawny git! :)

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

Indigo wrote:lol tell me you haven't just worked it out :roll: :lol:
A few fractions multiplied together is hardly that difficult. Maybe that was why you were "Reffing" rather than playing :lol:

Geggster