Match Reports

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

hey tomba & mcdeth when you up in county durham next give me a shout as my parents (mums a teacher up there) live in peterlee (6-7 miles away from Durham) still and try and visit a bit like every good son who needs money should and we could grab a game and beer :D

Reason: ''
Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Stikki
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stikki »

Hi Tomba

Stikki here - I was that wood elf player. And sorry about all those blitzes. I only remember 2, but you know how it is...

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

My BB experience was definitely one of extremes, although it was all enjoyable. This was my first one and, fingers crossed, certainly not the last.

My necros 'The Booksellers of Yore' lined up:
2 werewolves, 2 ghouls, 2 wights, 5 zombies, 4rr, 1 ff

Game 1 vs Zboub (spelling?) - Dark elves, i think. Lost 3-1

Scored with a wolf after 2 turns and thought this was going to be an easy game. How wrong can you be? Never has the word 'showtime' filled me with as much dread as when his fellers were making GFI rolls to score again, and again...

Game 2 vs Andy Grierson - Goblins. Won 4-1

A fantastic game vs a top bloke who took an absolute caning in very good humour. Not only were his golbins and trolls underperforming, but my dice rolls were extremely jammy. The wolves caused havoc, maiming many and sharing the TDs.

Game 3 vs ??? - Undead. Lost 3-0

First time I'd ever played a team with mummies in, and they totally took me apart. After a tight first half, this feller completely smacked me all over the pitch and thoroughly deserved his win (3-0 did seem a little harsh :roll: ).

Game 4 vs Andy (Evil Git) - Lizards. Won 3-1

Typical, you travel 100 miles to get to a tournament to end up playing 1 of the 4 people in the world you'd played before you got there! When Andy killed one of my werewolves at the first kick-off, I thought I was in trouble. Thanks, however, to his lack of luck, and rerolls, and some incisive attacking play it was 3-0 at the half. The Lizards had a better 2nd half and pulled one back, and I failed to pick the ball up to score on my last turn of the match! A fun game and I was climbing back up the ladder until....

Game 5 vs Christian (Snake-eyes) - High Elves. Lost 3-0.

Oh dear, the shame :oops: . There's no disgrace in losing to the allround dancing and dodgery-pokery of an elven team. However, when they have literally kicked the sh*t out of you, it is a little embarrassing!. At the end of the game, I was down to about 5 players left on the pitch. Never really at the races in this one. One more chance to break even...

Game 6 vs Baerbel - More Lizards. Lost 3-1

Fantastic - a chance to play in Baerbel's awesome Lustrian stadium! Sheen was dulled a little as she rolled pitch invasion and then rolled a 6 for the number of players on my team that she injured! A couple of stunned zombies was ok, but i lost a ghoul straight off and had a wight k'oed (didn't return until 2nd half). Soon after the other ghoul found his way into the permanently absent box. Regardless of my lack of numbers and going 1-0 down very quickly, my dancing wolf skipped through (with some lucky rolls) to make it 1-1. However, Baerbel continued to bring the hurt to my necro party and eventually plundered another 2 TDS. Top game though, and really a priviledge to play in that stadium.

So, I finished w - 2, l - 4 F - 9, A - 14.

Next year, the Booksellers of Yore will be back - and this time we'll have learnt to defend :lol: !

Cheers

Leip :lol: :o :lol:

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Booksellers of yore....

I saw that one in the result list. I have to know...what on earth was your fluff?

(you didn't manage the best team name though, collecting the award from last years winners Norfolk Enchants - QUENELLES PARK RANGERS.)

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Frank
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Frank »

Leipziger wrote: Game 6 vs Baerbel - More Lizards. Lost 3-1

...as she rolled pitch invasion and then rolled a 6 for the number of players on my team that she injured! ...
...just to regain my honour: it was you who treacherously rolled the pitch invasion. I just had to defend and won it :wink:
Seriously, I was really sorry and admired your spirits :D

Awesome game !

Baerbel (using Frank's login)

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

[/quote]

...just to regain my honour: it was you who treacherously rolled the pitch invasion. [/quote]

Oops :oops: :oops: :oops: Sorry about that Baerbel. Shonky memory, (or just unwilling to admit to my own errors :lol:) what can i say? Was a top game though.

Cheers

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Thadrin wrote:Booksellers of yore....

I saw that one in the result list. I have to know...what on earth was your fluff?
Here it is:

Team: The Booksellers of Yore
Stadium: The Genevieve Dieudonne Stadium
Coach: Axl Wormall

Trophies: Olde Empire Bookhandlers Trophy 2454-59
Middenheim Liga Runners-up 2500-03

Nobody is really sure how long the Booksellers have been playing Blood Bowl, but the earliest reports state that a league of retailers was established in the early 2400s. Originally a human team, the Booksellers of Yore beame an Undead force to be reckoned with after a group of elite players failed to read the small print in their contracts and discovered that they were contracted for life...and beyond. After some early 'friendly' matches, Wormall's evil retail dead took part, with some success, in the Olde Empire Bookhandlers Trophy, becomng champions from 2454-59. This run was unfortunately halted when coach Wormall was caught 'at it' with the wife and daughter of a prominent Altdorf official. Rather than join his Undead ranks, the coach fled and set up a new team of the same name in Middenheim.

Although it has been some time since the Booksellers tasted success, there are signs of a return to the 'glory days', as the team has placed well in the last three Middenheim Liga series and enjoyed a crushing friendly victory over the Skavenblight Scramblers (ok, it was the ladies third XI). Now, with their place as the most well-read and talented bibliophiles in history cemented (The Amazons don't count - they only play by mail), the Booksellers of yore have come to Albion to reek havoc and claim the greatest treasure of them all...a Manchester United season ticket (and, perhaps, the Bloodbowl).

Cheers

Tomba
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Tomba »

Stikki wrote:Hi Tomba

Stikki here - I was that wood elf player. And sorry about all those blitzes. I only remember 2, but you know how it is...
To be honest, I can't really remember either- there were definitely two but my friend Matt Robson who watched the end of the 2nd half claimed there were three, but what does he know- he spent all of day one on the bottom table with no-one to play!

You're probably right- two blitzes. Still two too many though :evil: :wink:

The campaign to ban wardancers as broken starts here! :D

(I'm kidding- don't flame!) :wink:

Tomba

Tomba
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Tomba »

Hangus wrote:hey tomba & mcdeth when you up in county durham next give me a shout as my parents (mums a teacher up there) live in peterlee (6-7 miles away from Durham) still and try and visit a bit like every good son who needs money should and we could grab a game and beer :D
McDeth doesn't live here, he just comes up on business every so often.

I live just outside of Bishop Auckland and so am around most of the time- Peterlee is 30-40 mins away, but next time you're around e-mail me and we can arrange to meet up- I assume you live in the deep South but visit the Sunny (!) North-East every so often?

Tomba

juck101
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by juck101 »

Full english breakfast to start saturday so could only be all good. (oh first ever tourni too)

THE TEMPLE GUARDS - Lizardmen
6 Saurus
5 Skink
3 re-rolls
Fan Factor 4

Game 1 vs Harry Harrington (rank 21st) Wood Elf
Started with a blitz after decision not to receive. Scored defensive in my first turn. great but could only
go downhill from that point. Could have sunk a 2-0 in turn 5 but fluffed a dodge to score. Dropped ball elf
mop up with ease and 1-1 HT. Couldn’t stop wardancer giving me hell and lost 1-3. Still not sure about team
with one reroll but they did beat me so guess is possible :o great game and pretty fun but good learning
curve with my pink skinks. took break tackle on saurus (and only 6th game ever with lizard)

Game 2 vs Joris? - Dark elf
After losing was not sure if i was any good so played bit more conservative. Not great game but comfy
defensive score started game well. Put a second in turn 4 of 2nd half but lack of casualties and slack
defence let a td in before end. Not max points but happy to get a win under my belt. Looked at board for
score and decided that beer was a great afternoon activity! About this time sure Liverpool lost and
football became less appealing than drink (back to normal then) Took block on saurus because they were
eating rerolls.

Game 3 vs John Ross_Moorland (rank 107- Chaos)
Er chaos. not sure what to expect vs a player with such team in tourni so treated it with caution. Couldn't
work out what was strategy so just blasted lizards at cage/ robbed ball and ran off. 2-0 finish and got the
impression i am better after drinks than before. Took break tackle on saurus to ensure some mobility.

food
drink
To me fair was loving it my now. Sound people outnumbered beards by a margin and the eve was wicked. Its
been a few weeks but remember mixing wine/beer/alchopops. If your reading this and bored now sorry but the
real entertainment was with the booze. Quality night in town. In the taxi at 3am saw more tarts than the
bakers, and a lass with no underwear walking up town. (next year i will be back was highlight) Loved the
Rock cafe f***ing great plan ;)
--------------------------------------

Game 4 Vs Slinky 78 (rank 39) - Chaos Dwarf
Pretty wild game and think we both to blitzed to play a proper game of BB. Moved table my man had obviously
seen me dance night before. Solid game first half but lost too many skinks. Sorted a 1-0 lead with a stall
to make an equaliser hard before HT. Got smashed to 1-1 pretty quick in second. Was quality photo think
more of my team was in the dug out rather than playing when i got the ball back. tried a hero play with 6
players and made it to the end zone. Think i failed an extra square to score, so points for effort. Was
good laugh and proper Bo side made a bit of a lucky td. fav game of weekend. Another block saurus playin only for pride now.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
around this point got team out for best 10 painted. Kinda cool and big respect to some squads which were
just stunning. Shame on me was not best painted lizard.... must try harder: must not use pink.

Game 5 VS Xavier Thomas (kerrunch i think?) (69th) - High Elf

Got a tip that i was going to get ***** on so set up with the fear of god on my side. Was pretty clear he was a great player cos he did me without even using the dice. Plan was score/kill give ball/kill, second half mop up team and win late. Hmmmm 2-2 final result with one cas for me. Despite respect given think i could have won with another couple of ko/or cas. Plenty of pressure but happy with result. Xavier's a much better player than me so i cant winge. Excellent experience (can only shudder at the quality of the top ten tables) Got guard as could only be playing similar team next

Game 6 vs Chris Lewis (133rd with one result wrong doh!) - Undead
Got beat and didn't have much humour after a dull first half. 0-1 down and was more excited by some cool games next to me. Cant even remember his second so i think i can say was a game to be forgotten. Not shocking dice but cant recall even getting an injury. Shame felt lost to a far worse player and realised i dont like undead.

Sorry bit late on report waited till today as i had no idea my results. had to fly for last ferry back before work and felt very guilty. Congratz to people who won i missed the end ceremony. Was quality laugh and will get my ass sorted for some other events. Huge respect to some decent people i did fear the worse... oh tbb's rule btw. :) wicked to meet sound BB players
FINAL STANDING = 92nd place /93 points/top ten teams :)

...the pope said to his aid...