GENCON-BB Champion 2004
GENCON-BB MVP 2005
dantitan76
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dantitan76 »

My go then....

Lustrians Red Eyes
...What to say about them? Not much really. But not long ago, about a year, I think, rumours came to me, of a group of lizards, leaving the big jungle of Lustria and heading to the city of Nottingsburg. I didn’t give much credit to this. But some days later, the news where getting forms. Nobody did expect that they could play as they did. They became second, losing the final against a very experienced team of Orcs. The Klub Challenge was the first tournament so far I know.
I was really surprised about this, but I thought that it was only a “one day team” with lots of luck, and ignored them
Time passed and I moved to Nottingsburg to see the BloodBowl 2503. Hundreds of teams coming from all the parts of the world. Seeing the Flatliners getting the glory… what a moment. Now, after some time, I know that they were also there, finishing the 79th. They said that the went down just because all the New and Old World Stars, such as Mr. Oberwald or Count Luthor.
Summer came and the tournaments also did. I was invited to one in Amersfort (North of Bretonia, in a county called Holyland) Not many team did make this, but the group of lizards where there. Amazingly they reduced to nothing the national champions, a great team of veteran Skavens. Great skills made them became 3rd, and they got also the Most Casualties Award. I needed more, so secretly follow them to the next tournament around the world.
The Camburg Carnage was the chosen one by them, with some of the best teams of the region, and many of overseas they managed to get the 6th and Most Sportive. That was enough for me, they had something special in their game, something that “hooked” you. They worked as a team, nobody was better or worst than the others. No words between them only a look was enough for them to understand.
The Master Bowl is one of the “peaks” of my secret trip with them. They where totally superior to the rest of the teams, including the Flatliners (Current BB Champion), the Wind Riders (Chaos Cup winners) or the Karag Drom Lightnings (Barnaburg Champions) and they were crowned Champions of Valencity.
The United World Competition (also known as the Eurobowl held in Holyland) and the Madburg Tournament came after getting always in the 20 first positions.
But after this, they went back to the Jungle, back to Lustria, were I lost their track. I spend months behind them and nothing. I tried to go to some of the events like the Dungeon Bowl, Lonthor (ECBBL) and Zaraghozak, but they didn’t show up.
I know for sure that they are going to be at this year of the XLIII BB Championship and I will be there waiting for them, to follow them, to be one of them.
But my Friend, you that have still time, don’t look to their Eyes, those Eyes, those incredible
Red Eyes… I can’t take them from my mind…

Last extract of the Diary of a BloodBowl Fan

Reason: ''
After so many tourneys... time to get some other things in this live...
Diana "Glu-Glu" Titan is here... You got only 17 Years left to fear!!!! ;)
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

THE DRINKING BARONS OF DEMENTIA

In time long ago, the world was pre-occupied with drinking competitions. Massive structures were built to house these contests. At the height of their popularity, 200,000 fans would turn up to stay and watch for a whole week as two rival teams drank themselves to a stupor. As the teams’ resistance to alcohol increased, so the challenges carried on and on. Of course, the fans were also imbibing, however, such was the power of the contestants, the fans were inevitably asleep long before the contest was over.

This ultimately led to the demise of the drinking games since no one knew who had won, least of all the officials who were often reduced to bloody pulp as fights broke out to jump the queue to the spartan toilet.

As interest in the games waned, one team decided that they would change the ultimate goal. Whilst winning was decided by who drank the most, The Drinking Barons decided that if they killed off their opposition, there would be more beer for them. Of course, since everyone who attended these competitions was comatose, the fact that the Barons were disposing of their opposition eluded everyone.

As time went by, the Barons killed off every other team. Nonetheless the massive amounts of alcohol they consumed meant that they didn’t remember what had happened. For a while this was fine as they arrived at the games but faced no opposition – this was great since they had all the beer to themselves. The crowds though became thoroughly bored by the lack of competition. Thus it came to be that Horus the Inevitable was the only spectator at the final drinking competition. Horus was a massive figure; some said he was part Ogre but not to his face. Horus convinced the Barons that they were missing the carnage of the fight and offered booze aplenty too. The Barons wondered where blood was to be found – Horus knew - and the Barons joined the fledgling Bloodbowl League.

The Barons built up a massive fan base. Not because they played Bloodbowl well. In fact they were probably the worst team that ever competed – they simply couldn’t remember that the object was to score touchdowns with the ball in hand. They lost most games to scores of 10-0 or worse. However, despite winning, the opposing team disbanded as the Barons killed and maimed every player. Since the players couldn’t remember the object of the game, The Drinking Barons became known as The Drinking Barons of Dementia.

The fans flocked to see every game. Over time the cash rolled in. This made funds available and a number of thugs joined the team who could actually play Bloodbowl. Whilst the team has never won any competitions, today they are a team feared by all. They have topped the casualty charts for years and have even managed to rack up a few touchdowns. Drinking the pubs dry after the game is still compulsory of course. That said a few respected judges have stated that if the current Barons team could concentrate on the ball for at least a half they may actually have a chance of competing at the top level. Is this possible?

Levinas
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Levinas »

My turn...

MAPELHEIM MAULERS - PRESS RELEASE

Stadium:
The Fur Kennel, just off the main sewer chamber, Mapelheim. (Capacity: 32,000. Surface: Excremental Paving)
Head Coach: Tarka ‘The Rotter’ Minkfinger
Owner: Fubu LaCapra
Main Sponsor: Rat Ball - Energy Drink
Secondary sponsor: The Excremental Paving Co. Shitting bricks since 2473™.
Symbol: Rat heads and Balls
Colours: Green and off-White

Mapelheim, the Venice of the North, home to the renowned Bloodington’s Beer, and celebrated for its tree-sap honey substitute, has a new claim to fame – The Mapelheim Maulers! This season the Ratboys are coming up from the sewers to stake their claim on the biggest prize of them all – THE BLOOD BOWL... You’d better be ready to get some hair stuck between your teeth… because you’re going down. Hard.

Originally known as The Mapelheim Mausmen, the Maulers changed their name in 2503 at the request of their new sponsor, Rat Ball Energy Drink whose owner, Terry Bullmixer, famously said, ‘We’re not sponsoring a team of Mausmen. You sound like a bunch of pussies…’ And so the Maulers were born.

A major cash injection from their first ever corporate sponsor led to the appointment of a new head coach, Tarka Minkfinger, and shortly after that the team was joined by the renowned storm vermin, Randy Pineweasel who promptly poached fellow hard-rat Bark Nookle from the local Sevens team The Sewer Gyrators. Under Pineweasel’s less than tender ministrations the team has gone from strength, to less strength, to strength… And now they’re ready for the game of their lives… The Blood Bowl.

Sponsor Bullmixer, had this to say, ‘They’re good, very good… With Vodka or without…. Oh – the team, well yes they should do ok.’

If you have any questions about the Mapelheim Maulers please contact their press agency, MAPELHEIM FLUFFERS INC. ‘We’ll big you up…’

My blog: http://wd-92.blogspot.co.uk/
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

he he

Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

:lol:

they're all really good

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
ace2k00
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by ace2k00 »

heres mine...

The Black Mountain Howlers

Stadium: Full moon stadium (capacity 102,000 AstroGranite Pitch)
Owner: Howling Willi Lycan
Head coach: Frank Instien
Main Sponsor: Zombie alert “warns against all types of zombie attack”

The black mountain howlers were formed in 2032, when the former Helmgart Bears mysteriously disappeared on the roads through the black mountain pass on their way to an away match in far off cathay. Their demise was the howler’s gain as their star players were recruited on that fate full night. Whether or not foul play was involved it cannot be said but the howlers zombies look much like the old bears team.

The howlers entry into the league met with limited success, wit the lack of a stable front line the howlers key players were not getting the protection they needed to perform. In 2036 the howler recruited a talented young necromancer/Surgeon called Frank Instien. His skills with the knife provided the howlers with much needed punch on the line in the form of the bash Brothers “Som Bitz” and “andi Pieces”. The howlers began their climb through the divisions.

Today the Howlers sit in the top Division of the Southern Spike League and with players like the Helldrake Twins and Tobias Wolf coming out of the graveyard its only a matter of time before the Howlers win a Major Championship.

Did You Know:
The Howlers Spent a lot of time and money researching the transformation process of their werewolves, The majority of the time their star players were stuck in their human forms, and as good as they were they just didn’t really get on with their Undead team mates. The Howlers scientists came up with a solution. They created a large cut out of a full moon and hung it in their domed stadium. The only problem is any family of the werewolf players that come to watch the match end up eating the opposing teams fans. In 2075 Hypnosis was found to be the answer and the werewolves have been given the power to change at will.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

man i havn't even decided what race i am going to play yet

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

But Ace...if you're playing necros won't you have trouble running away from the line of scrimmage?
;) :P

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
ace2k00
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by ace2k00 »

Talk about changing your playing style, yeah the elves have been put to sleep so no more running away from the fights... what am i gonna do... probably lose. its all good as long as im playing bloodbowl.... :P [/quote]

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Coach Deathwing was in a dilemma.

After his Zon team The Dykes battled their way to the #1 NAF ranked spot worldwide the original girls decided enough was enough and took advantage of their coach's...er...slight inebriation and made a break for freedom. They were last seen after the Dutch Open disappearing into the Amsterdam night in a privately hired carriage. All attempts to find the girls failed and they continue to evade the authorities and are presumed to now be part of the black economy of 'working girls'. Coach Deathwing had a relatively short time before the Pearly Kings tournament in London to recruit a replacement team, and some Valkeries stepped into the void (and walked away with a prize for their purple uniforms to boot! ). With the Blood Bowl looming however, an enforced change of race was necessary (apparently winged helmets are the sole preserve of Norse and Dwarves as far as officially allowed apparel is allowed, and the Dykes mk II were deemed illegal for the big event.).

After glancing through the tournament ruleset, Coach Deathwing sneered a little and thought he might as well take Halflings for the comedy value, but the idea was abandoned after it soon became apparent that there was no way in the Old World that the required new uniforms for the stunties could be produced by deadline time. So what to do?

An emergency mass meeting of all Wodell teams that were ready to travel (and legal!) was called on the eve of the deadline.
Coach Deathwing cast his eye over the assembled horde and decided that the team he'd coach at the Big Show were going to be....

To be continued..... :wink:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

DWARFS!!!!!!

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

...beaten in all 6 games? :lol:

Cheers

Leip :lol: :o :lol:

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Here goes nothing

ELFHEIM EAGLES

STADIUM : VALE PARK (Capacity 70,000, Surface Lush Grass)
TEAM COLORS : PURPLE AND ORANGE
OWNER : VALEN SWIFT
HEAD COACH : VALEN SWIFT (also captain)

Before the NAF crash the Eagles were regarded as one of the finest passing play teams in the world. Shortly after the crash the Eagles were disbanded and each of the players went their separate ways.

Their captain, Valen Swift managed to make a fortune in the stock markets by selling useless stocks for ridiculous amounts of money to Dwarves by telling them that they couldn’t possibly afford it (at which point they empty all their pockets and wrote huge cheques just too prove to the pointy eared one who was the richest, stupid dwarves). After making his fortune Valen decided to buy Vale Park (the Eagle’s former home, which had been left to rot) and renovate it for sentimental value.

After the work was complete he had a brainwave to try and get his old teamates back together for some charity games against local non league sides. After 7 straight hammerings dished out to the locals, the Eagles decided they were to young and good to give up the game just yet, so they decided to reform officially, and enter themselves in a league.

Much work and discussions went into the league selection, and then it was finally decided to join the MUDBATH. Since joining three seasons ago, they have managed to help themselves to 3 league titles and 4 cup wins. Finally they have decided to go back and play with the big boys. Their first crack was the Bearded Snot in 2503 where they finished a respectable 6th.

Although the Eagles are without the finest passing team around, they remain dangerously vulnerable against teams that will run the ball, and many have said that until the Eagles get over their distaste of getting stuck in and mixing it they will never win a major tournament. We will soon see as they travel to Nottingham for the BLOOD BOWL 2504!

Honours:
MUDBATH League Title : 2500, 2501, 2502
MUDBATH Cup : 2500, 2502
MUDBATH Invitational : 2501, 2502
Bearded Snot 2503 : 6th place

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Leipziger wrote:...beaten in all 6 games? :lol:

Cheers

Leip :lol: :o :lol:
:D We'll see. (Total record at Warhammer World to date is W8 D1 L1. 6 losses would still leave in a game 'in the black' up there! :wink: )

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."