team background (insert here)

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

grotemuis
Super Star
Super Star

team background (insert here)

Post by grotemuis »

I've noticed a lot of posts with background, maybe one topic is in order.

here's mine:

None of them knew what they were doing here. The only thing they knew was that something had drawn them through the scorched earth of the plain of skulls to this mountain cave.
At first the cave seemed empty and devoid of all life, then all of a sudden flames licked the cavern walls and the whole room was bathed in a warm glow. "Ah, you're finally in", a voice bellowed from the farthest corner of the cave," We have been waiting a long time for your arrival". A figure emerged through the thick oily smoke that crowded the till then unseen passageway. "Mind if I introduce myself?", and without waiting for an answer the dwarf continued:," I'm Baragh and I'm going to make your lives a living hell for the next three years". An evil glint came from his eye-piece and they all knew there was no way they could not refuse him.
In the meanwhile the passageway opened up even further and it revealed a plain of congealed lava. A heat intenser than the foundries of Zharr-Naggrund radiated from the surface. "This place is going to be your home for the next three years. Forget everything you have learned up to now. Your former lives will be nothing compared to what we have in store for you. You are going to be the greatest bloodbowlers in chaos dwarf history"

Team name: Children of hashut
Owner and Coach: the father of darkness
Manager: Baragh The Black

This strange team first emerged on the main bloodbowling scene in the year 2503 and have proven themselves as a competent team ever since. After dominating their home competitions they moved on and joined the BUBBL league. There they achieved their first big victories and their first defeates. With a 7-6-2 record they decided they were ready for the major tournaments. This decision marked their appearance at their first major tournament with the big fish and they managed a third place (winning all their games).

They don't seem to have any coaching staff other than the occasional healer, ex-player, or lost cheerleader. Instead they rely on their steadfast confidence in their own ability's to play the game. This got them into trouble during their second major tournament. The player's of the team got too cocky and thought that doing only half the work they usually do, would do the trick and win them the tourney. They were resoundly beaten and after learning their lesson (and a few new tricks) they are planning a big comeback at the tourney of tourneys, the bloodbowl 2504.

Did you know
Allthough technically the children don't have a head coach to argue the call, a number of strange accidents have happened to referees trying to send one of the team's players off the pitch. Lightning bolts, lava eruptions, asphyxiations (with noone in the direct vicinity) and disappearances (in puffs of smoke) are regular visitations on recalcitrant referees who are determined to eject a children's player. There have been major investigations for illegal use of sorcery, but nothing has been proven as of yet.

Reason: ''
and with one sigh he managed to expres his total hatred for everything that's mankind
marvin
TiMuN
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by TiMuN »

Nice one, grotemuis
Another Chaos Dwarf to meet in Nottingham ...

[b]TiMuN[/b]
[size=75][img]http://www.bloodbowl.net/NAF/ArticleImages/naf.gif[/img] Member #181
[url=http://www.bloodbowlforo.org]BloodBowlForo.org[/url] | [url=http://spanishteam.tbbl.org]Spanish Team[/url][/size]
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

TiMuN wrote:Chaos Dwarf to meet in Nottingham ...
We'll soon bring their NAF rankings down :D

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
TiMuN

Post by TiMuN »

ianwilliams wrote:
Speak for yourself Ian! :wink: 8)
*ramblings starting*

[b]TiMuN[/b]
[size=75][img]http://www.bloodbowl.net/NAF/ArticleImages/naf.gif[/img] Member #181
[url=http://www.bloodbowlforo.org]BloodBowlForo.org[/url] | [url=http://spanishteam.tbbl.org]Spanish Team[/url][/size]
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

ianwilliams wrote:
The Blood Bowl will be your last chance. If you fail to reduce my ranking it will sit at the high level a lot longer as i'll turn back to Norse and other races afterwards. :wink:

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
TiMuN

Post by TiMuN »

This thread has taken the Hashut way ...

So the Chaos Dwarves at the BB will be: (add yours!)

Grotemuis
Ian Williams
Tim
TiMuN
Eje (another spaniard)

[b]TiMuN[/b]
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I think you'll find Ian's Mordor United are Orcs.

(just a reminder...my fluff is online at my webpage...follow the url tab below)

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

my turn, my turn: :D

The story about how music became brutal….

It was in the late fall of 2503, when The Mighty Dwarfs Blood Bowl team told their Ogre team member Mr. Schreck Lich, that he can’t play for their team any longer due to league regulations. So in his misery he wandered around in the Old World from pub to pub, when he accidentally arrived in the village of Oakdale.

It was just about the time when the local king decided to hold a huge sports event and he gathered the best composers from all over the Old World, to intonate a ballade about his wisdom and greatness. The ballade was supposed to be performed in the opening ceremony, but unfortunately it’s the same with composers and cooks: if you have to many working on the same thing the end result is horrible.

So while Mr. Schreck Lich was sitting in the local pub at his 10th pint of ale, the opening ceremony started. The orchestra was in the middle of the first movement when the audience decided it just had enough of it and charged the orchestra. The nine musical geniuses couldn’t understand what the uproar was all about and came to the assistance to the orchestra members, which were trying their best to defend themselves against the crowd. The riot was so loud that Mr. Schreck Lich was annoyed by it and left the pub to bring down the noise level a notch or two. By the time he got to the stadium half of the audience was either injured or even dead and the nine composers were still fighting them off successfully. Amazed by the stubbornness of the nine fellows, he joined their side and shortly after the rest of the audience was “convinced” that the music was in deed beautiful.

Afterwards in the pub, the new allies exchanged their stories about themselves, when they heard about the misfortune about the Ogre not being able to play Blood Bowl anymore. Five beers later, when the Ogres brain finally reached an alcohol level where it starts functioning properly, he had the great idea of creating a team with his new friends. The alcohol level in brain of the musicians, on the other hand, has reached a point where no clear decisions could be made and they agreed. One of the composers actually thought of a good friend of his to help them out, a real Blood Bowl Player who always wanted to play at the great Altdorf-Stadium for the Blood Bowl trophy.

Since there was no turning back, the group called themselves Musical Mystery and signed up for the Big One…

Limited Tickets to see the performance of the great Seppel Verdi, Joe Haydn, Igorevich Strawinski, Franzl Schubert, Bella Bartok, Wiggerl Van Beethoven, Toni Vivaldi, Carli Orff, Ricky Wagner and Mr. Schreck Lich as well as a surprise performer are available now!

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

lol

excellent tojurub.

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
TiMuN

Post by TiMuN »

:lol: :lol:
Nice one Torsten!!
If you would have been from Brehme, the name of the team would surely have changed ...

edit: was not Brehme, was Bremer ... or was it?
DIE BREMER STADT-MUSIKANTEN
http://www.bremen.de/besuch/stadtmusikanten.html

[b]TiMuN[/b]
grotemuis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotemuis »

great stuff

and with one sigh he managed to expres his total hatred for everything that's mankind
marvin
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Thadrin wrote:I think you'll find Ian's Mordor United are Orcs.
:evil: Indeed they are - you better hope you don't run into them at the BB, a grevious insult like that - calling us a bunch of slavers. :evil:

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Lets start a few "gobbo rights" rants shall we?

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Kill the slavers, they are even worse than normal short arses - they smell, don't make good beer, have beards and enslave poor innocent greenskins. Kill them all!

National Assocation for the Advancement of Greenskins (NAAG).

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Ok, here's the first version of mine. Please let me know if you can spot some errors or think of any way of making it better:

Team Profile: The Lost Ark Raiders
Team colours: Gold and turquoise
Home stadium: The Pyramid Dome (capacity: 20500, surface: sand)
Owner: Imhotep Holding Inc. Head coach: Odium Khan
Players: Khemrian undead

The Lost Ark Raiders were once one of the first true champions of Blood Bowl, emerging victorious at a Nehekara state championship three years in a row some 2000 years ago. However, in a series of bad management and player re-recruitment, the team spiralled downwards and was subsequently put to rest in 488.

In 2488 the Raiders are reformed, some would say by accident, exactly 2000 years after their being stored away. Under one of his expeditions, the Marienburger archaeologist Dr. Jones and his subordinates discover an ancient artifact known as the Lost Ark. Upon the opening of the Ark, the souls of the Raiders players are reinstilled in the ancient remains littering the floor of the tomb. The Raiders immediately resume their old task of playing Blood Bowl and humiliate the archaeologists with a 4-0 win.

After visiting the Old World for a few friendly games in 2496, the Raiders’ management staff bitterly discover the fact that the game has changed in the time the team was dormant. As the team’s place as Nehekara state champions have been taken by teams such as the Khemri Cardinals and the Nehekhara Nightwings, the management wisely choose to lick their wounds and then seek their fortune in the professional leagues of the Old World. In order to keep up, it is decided to make use of the means of the enemy; they get out and get themselves some sponsors and they even hire a foreign coach, Odium Khan (former ace linebacker of the Darkside Cowboys), who has experience with the new plays and tactics. All this was of course unthinkable 2000 years ago, but the Raiders have adapted to the new ways in remarkably short time and are now if not one of the leading teams at least one of the rightfully most feared ones in their league.

As all really old people do, the Raiders think that all things were better in the days of old, including how the game of Blood Bowl is played! To put it short, the game two aeons ago put more emphasis on the blocking game and also featured chariots. In particular, the team has come to hate this new Bloodweiser Blood Bowl cup a lot, since it takes away the shine of their own ‘proper’ prehistoric titles. In the end, this hatred has conceived a most devious plan: The players are determined to win the Blood Bowl trophy for their own, and imprison it for all eternity inside the Lost Ark! So watch out for this outsider team of old geezers, Blood Bowl fans! If they come too near that prize, we may look at yet another remaking of the trophy…

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.