DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Mordor United's Fluff...

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Driven by boredom at work I finally got round to writing something:

Mordor United

Owner: The All-Seeing Eye
Head Coach: Double Skulls

The All-Seeing Eye, a world famous Jeweller, had made his fortune, but how to use this pile of cash? Bored of the rings and his attempts to conquer the world he decided upon the next best thing, the ultimate boy’s toy – his very own Blood Bowl team. Looking far and wide he spied an up and coming coach who had just led Grimjaw’s Waargh to the local championship in his first full season. Made an offer he could not refuse Double Skulls became the head coach of the brand spanking new team Mordor United.

Things however did not start well for the new boyz on the block. Back to back defeats against the Mean Green Killing Machine, including record 0-6 thrashing on casualties, meant missing out on the play offs and a disappointing 5-2-7 record. In their second season things improved dramatically thanks to the prowess of star players Snaga and Lugdush. Leading the league for much of the season they finally finished runners up with a 10-3-2 record. The final, played on the eve of Blood Bowl XLII, was a titanic struggle but the awesome Red Scar Brigade ran out winners.

After a successful season the All-Seeing Eye decided it was time to step up and compete at the highest level. The Blood Bowl XLII was their first major competition with all the best teams in the world gathered to battle for the premier prize in Blood Bowl. Reinforcements were in order so Varag Ghoul-Chewer was hired for the duration of the tournament. A good tournament, with 4 wins was only marred by drawing against a Griff Oberwald led human team and a defeat to a Count Luthor von Drakenborg inspired Undead horde – both teams coming from Estalia. They still managed a very respectable 18th place overall – the best placed Orc team at the tournament.

Later that year a new-look team went off to the inaugural Bearded Snot Challenge, with plenty of competition from rival teams from the local league. This small competition was a stiff challenge, but Mordor Utd rose to it, fighting off all comers to not only win the tournament with six resounding victories but also to claim the prize for most casualties.

Flushed with success the team moved back to the majors to compete in the 2504 Dungeon Bowl, held in the Empire. Although the matches were not as successful as either the All-Seeing Eye or Double Skulls would have liked after crashing to a 2-0 defeat in the first game, a 3-2-1 record was still useful. However there was some reward with an Ogress so impressed by the wisdom of the coach that she decided to abandon her compatriots and join up with the team. As a result, and who would argue with her!, the team picked up the Fairster Trainer award for the nicest team.

Honours:
2504 Dungeon Bowl - 15th overall & Fairster Trainer
2503 Bearded Snot - Champion & Most Casualties
2503 Blood Bowl XLII – 18th overall

Tournament Record: Played 18, Won 13 Drawn 3 Lost 2.

Reason: ''
Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Nice one, you inspired me to get around to writing mine, unfortunatly i have all the creative writing skills of an eight year old :oops:, so i wont be posting it and will be asking my opponents in nottingham not to bother reading it. :D , but at least its done.

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Excellent.

Cheers

Leip :lol: :o :lol:

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22