How strict does it get there?

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

noone in particular
Rookie
Rookie

How strict does it get there?

Post by noone in particular »

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this. I'm new to Blood Bowl and this MB. I've heard rumors though that in order to partake in the Tourney, you not only have to have GW minis, but they must be painted with GW paints, placed on GW bases, glued on with GW glue, bought from a GW store, blessed with GW water... you get the point. So how far do they go? If you have to use GW paints...how well can they tell? What is really the problem with other paints? Does it cause less drag on the minis, therfor your arms and hands don't get as tired as the other guy, which gives you a slight advantage? What?

Reason: ''
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

You just need GW models. There is no logical way they could tell what paint or glue you used.

ImageImage
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I heard a rumour that the 'Eavy metal people have been known to stray from the GW brand paintwise.

As long as you have a TEAM of GW figs you're fine. Sideline staff they will probably let you off with (there was a guy last year had a bunch of Shadowforge sideline staff).

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Thadrin wrote:I heard a rumour that the 'Eavy metal people have been known to stray from the GW brand paintwise.

As long as you have a TEAM of GW figs you're fine. Sideline staff they will probably let you off with (there was a guy last year had a bunch of Shadowforge sideline staff).
I had the shadowforge staff.

And I talked to the eavy metal guys at last year's gamesday, and he said they "use any and all paints & brushes to get the effect desired."
When I asked if they used vallejo he just nodded.

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

GW minis for the team, everything else they can't check.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

Just the minis. Not only can they not check the paint/glue, I don't believe there's any criteria stated anywhere that the paints, glue or indeed flock must be gw, that would be taking it a little bit far I think.

noone in particular
Rookie
Rookie

Post by noone in particular »

I kinda figured that. But I guess I've been witness to stranger things. Just curious. Thanks

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Fondu's dwarf in the other forum hatched the idea of finishing my rastafari goblins and bringing them to the BB! But this would produce a quite delicate problem: Just how politically correct do you need to be in order to participate in the tournament? I mean sporting three-coloured "maple leaf" designs and oddly shaped cigarettes, would that be too much you think?

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

As long as they're not sporting woodies I doubt there would be any problem (but what do I know).

GO STAMPEDERS!
Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Torg Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:16 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as they're not sporting woodies I doubt there would be any problem (but what do I know).
So if I get this right, no Wood elf allies are allowed on a goblin team. Tell me something I didn't know already, Torg! :wink:

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I guess you never heard of the expression sporting wood. :roll:

GO STAMPEDERS!
Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Well, as a matter of fact, I haven't (at least not within the boundaries of the subject). But even if I would, my (attempt at a) joke would have been the same. Oh, never mind. Even if I don't play them in the actual tournament, I'll try and finish them anyway and bring them along as a cool nuiscance (sp?).