scoring influence

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

scoring influence

Post by Hangus »

Well in advence i know but i was contempating what to take to the BB was considering (before the rule pack was previewed on house rules) taking Nurgle but considering my painting speed is one model a week and i still have six Norsemen to finish for the pearlys' and the painting is a factor in the scoring and the fact TD difference is a big part of the scoring also. I almost definatly taking my norse again.

I just want to know if anyone else has changed their mind on what to take or do you think what the hell I like being mid table mediocore and am going to take my usual team

cheers

Ben

Reason: ''
Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Al the Trowel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Al the Trowel »

Last year I took my Humans and would take them again. But they were marked down on the painting (even though they fulfill the criteria albeit badly). So to avoid that this year I am taking either Wood Elves or Skaven. My Skavs are fully painted (barring the Rat Ogre and 4th GR) and should pick up full points, my Woodies are painted enought to be completed in time for Pearlys. Its just coincidence that high win scoring favours these two ;)

the theme and background stuff makes me favour Woodies - they have a league history and all the names will be based round the team name "the Knights in White Satin."

I do think though that all tournaments' rules packs influence team choice. Competitors are playing to win and so tailor their choices to help achieve their goals - not necessarily a tourney win, but Highest Cas, or TD awards too. I don't believe this is a bad thing as coaches who can do well under a variety of different rules environemtns are surely shown to be the more adaptable coaches.

[i]No, [b]this[/b] is a trowel[/i]

[size=75]Nuffle is a Blackshirt[/size]
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

probably going to take my 2nd ed welf team, assuming I can get them painted in time. will be taking humans to PK&Q though

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

I'm considering to bring my Chaos Dwarves back to action for the Blood Bowl, after the mediocre 57th place ranking last year, they have to prove something. Also gives a nice starting point for a background story.

So i won't be influenced by the scoring bonus.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Al the Trowel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Al the Trowel »

Not that a tackle heavy team with some quick players and cheap rerolls might prove the bane of many Woody or Skav coaches out there :wink:

[i]No, [b]this[/b] is a trowel[/i]

[size=75]Nuffle is a Blackshirt[/size]
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Well, i did not say that the team is a bad one, i just said that i'm not influenced by the scoring system in my team choice (which is basicly down to Chaos Dwarf or Norse due to painted mini restrictions). :wink:

I'm not painting up a Skaven, Human Wood or High Elf team quickly just to have the chance of a scoring frenzy. I'll need to do Woodies for T5, but i guess i'll use the Shadowforge minis for that one.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

the scoring heavy influence made me pick chaod dwarves last year and i came 4th

ignore tim when he says that he is playing down that chaos dwarfs can score quickly ;]

Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Grumbledook wrote:ignore tim when he says that he is playing down that chaos dwarfs can score quickly ;]
why only then?

;)

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

yer valid point ;]

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Sadly, the tournament rules this year mean that it'll be Elf bowl (or Pat-a-Cake if you prefer). I expect the tournament to be won by a fast AG side (Skaven, Elf, or Woodelf) with perhaps a chance for the Necros.

But I guess I'll still be taking the Spikeheads (Chaos Dwarf). With a good result last year, but with just 9 touchdowns in 6 matches, they're most unlikely to do as well.

Cheers

Smeborg the Fleshless

Smeborg the Fleshless