First-hand feedback on this year's BB tourney rules

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Feedback from the tournie organizers on this idea I had: How about awarding "flair" points to teams that perform well in their swiss round games? Like awarding bounus points for Cas, but also taking into account TDs and all other things that give SPP. This would eliminate the need for awarding a greater score when winning with 2+ TDs and so on. It would be quite simple to implement too, just calculating SPP in your games and handing in together with the results. Some bias towards elves and their ease to Comp, but less so than the 2+ TD thing, I think.

Reason: ''
DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

you already get bonus points for scoring touchdowns

i don't see much wrong with the current scoring and over more rounds it will account more but over 6 it does give the edge to the faster teams

of course should none of them win all their games and 2 bashing teams do then they will go through

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Grumbledook Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:40 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you already get bonus points for scoring touchdowns
How about you learn to read before disagreeing with me. :wink:
This would eliminate the need for awarding a greater score when winning with 2+ TDs and so on.
Right, this should have gone into the general tournament forum, but seeing as what the original discussion had evolved into, I could just as well post it here.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

no but i was pointing out that your point was just swapping one thing for another thing the same but adding cas points as well

when you could just add cas points and achieve the same thing

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

All right then. Well it's nothing revolutionary about my idea, but that's not the point either. While I have no problem with awarding a bonus for TDs and think that combining with Cas is better still, I think that combining all SPP-awarding things would make an interesting alternative.