Who plays who?

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Who plays who?

Post by Leipziger »

Are opponents entirely randomly assigned or is there some kind of ranking to ensure that newbie ass is not too bably beaten on?

Cheers

Leip :lol: :o :lol:

Reason: ''
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Last year, the first round tables were given in the order of the time people came in ... pretty much random.

Afterwards is swiss ranking, so if you lose the first you will meet another coach that lost his first game.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

The first match is supposed to be random, but if it's like last year then depending on when you sign in you will face someone who signed in at a similar time. e.g. myself and gallowin signed in one after the other and were drawn together.

It means you can hang around waiting for someone with halflings and just wait for them to sign in :roll:

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Indigo wrote:The first match is supposed to be random, but if it's like last year then depending on when you sign in you will face someone who signed in at a similar time. e.g. myself and gallowin signed in one after the other and were drawn together.

It means you can hang around waiting for someone with halflings and just wait for them to sign in :roll:
Yep, if you are in a group you wont be playing each other though.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
olaf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olaf »

hey, sounds funny, so i wait for a trainer i want to play against, maybe for revange or something else

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Why don't they just alternate tables upon sign in? I mean have the first guy who signs in go to the top table and have the second go to the bottom and continue from there untill you meet in the middle. Then you wouldn't have to worry about playing someone you came with or are standing next to.

ImageImage
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

1st games no so important, i was down to play an undead coach first game last year, while the table next to us had two wood elf coaches. we asked the ref if we could swap, and he agreed to let us

McDeth,
"Can't Sleep Clowns will eat me"

"Who's that Reverend Green??"
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Xtreme wrote:Why don't they just alternate tables upon sign in? I mean have the first guy who signs in go to the top table and have the second go to the bottom and continue from there untill you meet in the middle. Then you wouldn't have to worry about playing someone you came with or are standing next to.
But they don't know how many will show up... so they can't quite do that. I was in a group of over a dozen and we were all placed on different tables.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams