[House Rulez] BB XLIII Rules preview posted on HR site

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

maybe you should really use NAF rating as a primary tie breaker. between 140 and 160 it's more or less random which race you meet and on the extreme ends it's more fair than any other tie breaker.
calculation error. And he didn't write an essay! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I go up 20 places! I like this system now...
:wink:
And I guess you will come up with a slight tweakening of the rules tomorrow to prove that you would have been 1st last weekend!
:P

Sputnik

Reason: ''
I won some impressive titles in 198X, some more in 199X, even more impressive titles in 200X, some of them REALLY impressive, and a few even MORE impressive! Not to mention a lot of less impressive ones.
Max Horseman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Max Horseman »

Working on it......... :D

Used to play abit
CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

There's little to nothing the BBRC, the NAF or House Rulez can do about the rules other than voice a protest as the rest of you can.

I'd like to point out here though before people start ragging on the wrong people that Andy and Jake are not the key organizers for this event. There is an event organization group that indeed does have more experience with Warhammer and 40K so I can see how they are tempted to fall back on what they know works for them and they are comfortable with. Is that right? No, they should be pushing the envelope with this as it's pretty new territory.

So how does this get fixed? I'm not sure that it can at this point. What we have going in our favor is that May is still a long ways off and I'm fairly certain that the rules packs have not been mailed out yet. The best thing to do is email Jake Thorton directly and express your opinion on what you think about these rules. The worst thing to do would be to email GW and start telling them off. Then nothing will get changed.

Brian St.James

Death Bowl IV - Only the best will survive!
Find out more at www.TheDeathBowl.com
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Am I the only one who actually like the Major victory/minor victory/draw system?

I'm as against the rest of it - all the painting, background and guff - as everyone else, but the "in game" points seem fair enough.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Thadrin wrote:Am I the only one who actually like the Major victory/minor victory/draw system?

I'm as against the rest of it - all the painting, background and guff - as everyone else, but the "in game" points seem fair enough.
I dislike this particular implementation of it. It is too biased towards flair teams, and as a result I'm feeling obliged to take welfs to be competitive.

Painting should be a 1 - 3 scale like last time, just to deter those people who don't make an effort.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

well tbh win all your games you should stand a good shot at it as long as there aren't too many elf teams who scored by more and won all their matches

same problem as last year using touchdowns scored as the decider

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

Grumbledook wrote: same problem as last year using touchdowns scored as the decider
not quite. a 2-0 win was worth the same as a 3-0 win. Winning bt 3-0 is harder than 2-0 for most teams, so by setting another boundary there it introduces bias towards skaven and welfs.

just saying that by winning all my games I cancel this out isn't true - if I take humans and win all games 2-0 then a wood elf player who won theirs by 3 will be miles ahead.

Furelli
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Furelli »

To balance the major points that agile teams will be getting there should be some points awarded for casualties.

Actually, just had an idea:

2 points per casualty. 1 point per completion. 2 points for an interception.
3 points for a touchdown.

5 points for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for loss by 1.

NO TEST REQUIRED :evil:

Furelli.

Am I living in a box? Am I living in a cardboard box?
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Grumbledook wrote:as long as there aren't too many elf teams who scored by more and won all their matches

learn to read before disagreeing with me huh :p

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Tbh, if it wasn't for all the people I want to meet up with again, this scoring system would have put me right off going.

Does anyone have the email address of the events team? For some reason I can't seem to access the main GW site :-?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Indigo

Post by Indigo »

lol if people know that the rules are biased towards elves then it suggests that more will take them, meaning more will win.

saying that a team stands a good chance of winning if too many others don't do better than it is fecking stupid :P

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

the events email should be on the main site somewhere but just send everything to fanatic@games-workshop.co.uk and they can pass it on.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

power gamer :p

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Why worry about it. You've got to get the 40% marks for sportsmanship/quiz/painting before you even get to the games. By then someone wil already have won the tournament outright anyway before playing. :evil: :o

McDeth,
"Can't Sleep Clowns will eat me"

"Who's that Reverend Green??"
Indigo

Post by Indigo »

Grumbledook wrote:power gamer :p
please will someone ban mark owen here, he's hurling personal insults and it's making me cry

nothing like a well thought out comeback to someone's agument ;)