[House Rulez] BB XLIII Rules preview posted on HR site

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

[House Rulez] BB XLIII Rules preview posted on HR site

Post by Indigo »

http://www.house-rulez.com

Check out the full exclusive preview of the official BB XLIII rules on the site now.

And talk about them on this thread :)

I'm still reading to try and understand how the sportsmanship system works, it's a little confusing.

Reason: ''
l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

As the painting points. What's a themed team ? A team who has the same color scheme ?

Next time I win !!!
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Wow, that sucks big time ... i better start to paint the elf team quickly.

Be honest, a 4-1 is almost double points of a 2-1, that basicly deletes all slower teams from the top tables.

The painting rules seem to be a real lousy copy of a 40k tournament ... come on! Squad markings, WYSIWYG, themed, yeah right ... and -wow- 7 points for clean team sheet (who cares) :roll:

Stars at double cost rules them out mostly, very sad, no weapons for the Gobbos.

GW, you can do better than that!
Come on, this is the cream of the crop tournament, it deserves decent rules!

I like the knowledge test idea :)

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Bizarrely, looking at the game result cards in front of me it looks like you are awarded the painting/WYSIWYG awards FOR EVERY ROUND. i.e. each opponent rates your team and you get a total score :o

As tim says it all smacks of a 40k tournament sheet with a find/replace search carried out...

I'm fairly sure I even saw the word "force" or "army" on there once... :evil:

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Is there any way you could contact Andy Hall or the other new head of system and ask them to help or put pressure on the Event Team to spend another hour on that ruleset BEFORE this desaster is mailed out to everyone???

Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

Strange - seems like an attempt to harmonise GT scoring rather than cater for specific games.

Only things I can say I like are that a draw is better than losing this time (important for those of us who draw all too often). The removal (effectively) of stars is on balance probably ok. Have to say I prefer what I heard of the Gencon system - seemed much fairer than simply doubling.

Not a fan of the quiz counting for 10% of the totals. Mainly because if last time's pub quiz is anything to go by, half the questions were ambiguous and led to people giving assorted 'right' answers.
Seriously hope the rules pack is clearer on that painting and selection thing: what the hell is a themed team? Does that mean I can't just pick one of each race for my team?! Seriously, how can a bloodbowl team not be themed? Squad markings? Does that mean a number on his back? The metal orcs have a squad badge sculpted on, does that mean they automatically get the points?
I would attempt to understand the sportsmanship, but too early in the morning. Seems like we're all meant to have a blanket 'great' time or we'll be asked why not! :cry:
Time to go and think of a 'theme'...

Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

Forgot to also add, re: sportsmanship:
"Game is rated lousy, good or awesome, in ascending order. A
judge WILL ask why if you rate a game anything other than great."

Is this some sort of trick? It's the new spanish inquisition, no option of marking great, but you will be disqualified if you don't...

That's the theme though... Paint your team in tiger stripes, call them all Tony, and they'll be grrrrreat.

Those rules are a crock of sh*t. The american's moan they get a raw deal over there, but at least they get Galak running their tournament with some common sense rather than this drivel.

Doc Drak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Doc Drak »

Knowledge (!)
A quiz, under "exam conditions", with 20 questions. Best start revising now. This makes up 10% of your points total.
:o :o :o Of course in the language of Shakespeare :roll:

Doc Drak
8)

[b]Organizer[/b] [url=http://www.vmb.tbbl.org/]Valencia Master Bowl[/url].
[url=http://www.tbbl.org][img]http://galeon.hispavista.com/forost/img/tymoraforo2.jpg[/img][/url]
Fubar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Fubar »

As Slinky78 So eloquently put it: "Those rules are a crock of sh*t. " Possibly a tad harsh, but they don't look like they've been thought through at all... It looks like they are trying to simplify everything... and thus confusing everybody thoroughly.

Glad to see the Stars effectively removed, but why don't they simply remove them entirely rather than pricing them out of the game?

And finally... there's going to be an exam? How daft. Why would we bother going if we didn't know the rules? :-?

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Slinky78 wrote: Only things I can say I like are that a draw is better than losing this time (important for those of us who draw all too often).
I don't know what you could possibly mean ;)

I like the scoring system. Forces people to play defensively as well as offensively. It MAY favour the fast teams, but I'm not totally convinced.

painting is WAYYYYYYY over rated for points, and its clearly been adapted from irrelevant 40k stuff (themes? NFL rip offs, fun stuff, having custom rerolls etc...may be worth a couple of extra painting points but no more...)

Goblin secret weapon players on Goblin teams should be exempt to the "double" rule...and I think Luthored necro could still be viable.

NOONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISTITION...

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

like the scoring system. Forces people to play defensively as well as offensively. It MAY favour the fast teams, but I'm not totally convinced.
play????? Who cares about playing, actually???? :evil: This is a picknick in bugmans! :evil:

It doesn't seem to matter what results you have...10% knowledge (please do your homework), lots of painting points (up to 20% or what?? if you can't paint you are f*cked up prior to the first game of the tourny, so best stay at home :evil: everybody else please do your homework), team selection etc (everybody please do your homework again)....the tournament attendants will be seperated in definitive losers and potential winners before game 1. You don't have to play a game. WOW. Oh, and if you are nice, you willbe rewarded, too. If not, they will burn you witch in the backyard. probably you will have not only to bring your team but also the wood therefor, and alighter...

If you can paint and know about the LRB3 (which doesn't exist so far) you have a chance to win. If not, no matter how much wins you have, you are not going to get anywhere...

that sucks BIG TIME!

Sputnik

I get better started now with a team selection, sort out a theme a song, bring a fan club and claim for myself all the time that the whole world is my friend and I don't mind to lose all of my games.

I won some impressive titles in 198X, some more in 199X, even more impressive titles in 200X, some of them REALLY impressive, and a few even MORE impressive! Not to mention a lot of less impressive ones.
Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

Sputnik said
I get better started now with a team selection, sort out a theme a song, bring a fan club and claim for myself all the time that the whole world is my friend and I don't mind to lose all of my games.
Chill a bit. Have a beer and go for the wooden spoon. :D

-Torpor

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Not really a big fan of this rules set to be honest.

But as I'm not really expected to get higher than mid-table, it won't really have that much effect on me (though I'm really going to sh*t out on the painting scores :evil: ).

Are we allowed to comment on these rules to Fanatic?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Sputnik wrote:
like the scoring system. Forces people to play defensively as well as offensively. It MAY favour the fast teams, but I'm not totally convinced.
play????? Who cares about playing, actually???? :evil: This is a picknick in bugmans! :evil:
I agree with you Cris...I meant the actual game points system. That part is fine. The allocations to painting, knowledge and so on are a load of gobbo droppings.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Doc Drak wrote:
Knowledge (!)
A quiz, under "exam conditions", with 20 questions. Best start revising now. This makes up 10% of your points total.
:o :o :o Of course in the language of Shakespeare :roll:
Another VERY valid point. About 40-50% of the attendence will be from outside the UK, with a good share of them playing Blood Bowl in their local language. It would be fair to have a translation of the test to every language GW deliveres an officially translated rulebook for (French, German, Spanish). (yeah right, like this would happen ... :roll: )