Ok I'm flying in.

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I'm flying into Gatwick, how easy is it to get the train from there? Or alternatively, if someone is going up by car, I will be getting in the afternoon (after 1pm sometime can't remember, say 1:30 or so), maybe I could catch a ride. But as far as the train goes, where would I go from Gatwick and what station do I catch the train at, etc. Will flying into Gatwick put more time on getting to Nottingham?

Reason: ''
GO STAMPEDERS!
juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

I would also suggest that people who fly in to the same airport join together for the train ride. IIRC from last year you get a discount for groups starting at 3 persons.

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

From Gatwick take the Thameslink train into London Kings Cross. Then get the train to Nottingham from St Pancras (literally next door).

Try looking at http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/planmyjou ... ements.asp for times etc.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

The train thing is a lot less confusing than it sounds ;) I also recommend buying your ticket online and picking it up at St. Pancras when you arrive.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

can we start a list about who's flying to which airport at what day and time as soon as somebody has their airline ticket? Maybe that way we can coordinate the train thing a little better and maybe get a discount

Just a thought

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

I'm getting a flight from Aberdeen to London Luton, though I'm getting a lift from Hoomin_Erra and Grumbledook upto Nottingham.

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

Torg wrote:I'm flying into Gatwick, how easy is it to get the train from there? Or alternatively, if someone is going up by car, I will be getting in the afternoon (after 1pm sometime can't remember, say 1:30 or so), maybe I could catch a ride. But as far as the train goes, where would I go from Gatwick and what station do I catch the train at, etc. Will flying into Gatwick put more time on getting to Nottingham?
don't know much about gatwick apart from there is a train to victoria (called the gatwick express) and from there you can get the tube to kings cross or paddington (which ever goes to notts) don't know if this is much help

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?