Blood Bowl 2004?

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

djengis, pls edit that fecking long string of $$$

Slinky - If everyone here on TBB "buys up" all the tickets then there is probably a greater chance of you getting one anyway, and there isn't likely to be much chance of powergaming turds getting a ticket and ruining it for everyone else. People aren't doing it to better themselves, they will be doing it to better the community.

Having said that, I'm buying tickets mainly for people who can't buy their own with any extra I get going on here - does that make me a bad person and should the fact that others can't ring GW to buy their own ticket automatically exclude them?

Reason: ''
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Yes, I for one don't have a credit card which makes it quite difficult to order from GW (as far as I know)...

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Slinky78 wrote:This ticket cartel concept is annoying imo. If people want tickets, phone gw like everyone else has to. If I spend ages on the phone as per last time to find some clown has just bought the last 30 tickets in one fell sweep I'm going to be seriously p*ssed off. It's 200 tickets, if you really want one phone, we don't need all these unofficial ticket agencies/touts, it just makes the process more complicated for normal people wanting a ticket.
Amen to that!

(Of course, if I can't manage to get one then I'm hopeing someone else can get me one, so thats really a bit two faced I suppose.... :oops: :P )

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Slinky78 wrote:This ticket cartel concept is annoying imo. If people want tickets, phone gw like everyone else has to. If I spend ages on the phone as per last time to find some clown has just bought the last 30 tickets in one fell sweep I'm going to be seriously p*ssed off. It's 200 tickets, if you really want one phone, we don't need all these unofficial ticket agencies/touts, it just makes the process more complicated for normal people wanting a ticket.
Maybe you should bear in mind that a lot of us regulars on here (and on the tournament scene) will be registering/playing Game One at the Dutch Open during the early hours of ticket sales..don't know how many phone lines the place has (or even if there's any publically available!) but I'm f*cked if I'm gonna spend 20-30 mins on my mob. from Holland whilst trying simultaneously to play a tourney game. So I've made alternate arrangements, 'unofficial cartel' or not. And touting would involve buying up tickets in order to sell them on at inflated prices...nobody's suggesting that.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

One thing though - since I am likely to be getting a lot and it might be a while before I sell them on, does anyone think it's unreasonable to charge the ticket price plus a percentage of the interest they are going to earn while the balance is sitting on my card?
And touting would involve buying up tickets in order to sell them on at inflated prices...nobody's suggesting that.
No, not touting in the strict sense, and as per most arguments you can stretch issues as much as you like to make a point. I just think it's fair to raise the point that I don't think everyone thinks bulk buying of tickets is a great idea or particularly fair.

Indigo - Why do I want to go through the hassle of contacting some tbb'er for a ticket when I should be able to just phone gw and get it over and done with normally? Don't really agree with the powergamer aspect either a) it's bloodbowl, if someone can powergame within those confines then the amount of effort required deserves some recognition frankly :wink: b) I appreciate everyone on here likes/loves bloodbowl and invest large amounts of time into the game etc etc etc, but does that give anyone here more right to a ticket than anyone else? If someone wants to go to the bloodbowl why on earth should he be denied because some tbb clique beat him to it at 9:01 and bought 64 tickets? I'm hoping I've misinterpretted your comments on that, because all that bettering the community stuff is outrageously pretentious.

I don't have a gripe with Deathwing etc making alternative arrangements, and getting his mates to get him a ticket or whatever. I know 3 people who want to go, and may yet book through one person, depending on work etc. That's natural, and would be somewhat pointless to argue against. The bit that I found more worrying were the post on the lines of "I know 4 people want to go, but I might book 6 just in case". Fair enough it's their financial risk, but why do it? There were 20 places empty last year from people who weren't there, it would be a serious waste if that happened again, and most average people who miss out when phoning up aren't going to know about the opportunity of some tickets that might be up for grabs here.
Anyway, this is largely pointless, as people can and will do as they like, I was merely raising a concern, that I felt it wasn't particularly fair as a principle to buy extra tickets on the off chance of someone wanting them, when there will undoubtedly be people phoning up and being disappointed. People are welcome to disagree.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I know how pissed I would be, if I rang at 9.02 to be told that all tickets had been sold, only for them to "appear" on TBB for resale. :-?

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Indigo

Post by Indigo »

Slinky78 wrote: Indigo - Why do I want to go through the hassle of contacting some tbb'er for a ticket when I should be able to just phone gw and get it over and done with normally? Don't really agree with the powergamer aspect either a) it's bloodbowl, if someone can powergame within those confines then the amount of effort required deserves some recognition frankly :wink: b) I appreciate everyone on here likes/loves bloodbowl and invest large amounts of time into the game etc etc etc, but does that give anyone here more right to a ticket than anyone else? If someone wants to go to the bloodbowl why on earth should he be denied because some tbb clique beat him to it at 9:01 and bought 64 tickets? I'm hoping I've misinterpretted your comments on that, because all that bettering the community stuff is outrageously pretentious.
Last year, people powergamed by taking stars. The rules may be different this year but there will always be those people trying to bend the rules and compete without entering into the spirit of the game. What experience I've had tends to suggest they aren't from TBB though.

You ask what rights I have to get more than my "share" of tickets, denying the others a chance, yet claim it's fine for people to order tickets for friends! Well think about it - since I only know 2 people within 50 miles who are going and both are getting their own tickets, the other tickets I will be getting are to make sure my OTHER friends, the ones from TBB and the NAF stand a better chance of getting to the event.

When I buy tickets, I'm not going to be buying 40 or 50. It'll be 5 or 6. 3 of these are going to friends who have asked me to book on their behalf. The others will be for friends on TBB & the NAF who are either coming from overseas (eg the US) or who are not sure if they can make it. Any tickets I have spare will go on here, for the sole reason that if I can get another TBBer going to the BB that's one less bloke trying to get a fast buck and one more person I can chat about the tourney with. Believe me if you like, but I'm not going to make any kind of profit from this so please give me another possible reason why I might be doing it! Buying 64 tickets, as you say, would cost £2560, so I'd need to be bloody sure I could sell them on to friends before I bought them. I'm not advocating that everyone on TBB buys 4 tickets just so we can have a huge crowd of TBB at the event. It's just that I personally want to make sure the friends I've made over the last tourney year, and who have expressed an interest in going, have as good a chance of getting in as possible. TBH it sounds like your preparing an excuse to yell at me/others on the off chance you don't manage to get a ticket ;)

My comment about the interest was that if I DID get a few tickets more than were ultimately needed, I didn't think it would be too outrageous to say "here's a ticket, is £42.50 OK, to cover the interest on my card?" While I don't *think* you were trying to imply I was angling for a nice commission on the tickets I passed on, I just wanted to make that clear...

What would you do if you rang up at 9:10 and all tickets had gone, but then someone on TBB offered you one from the 2 or 3 extra he bought?

It isn't buying tickets "on the off chance" - it's a certainty, there WILL be people on here who want to go who won't be able to. And there is just as much a chance of you getting the last ticket, denying them their place, as there is me :)

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

i dunno how its going to pan out this year, but last year one guy here gave away a spare ticket free here (or at least tried to don't know if he even managed it :o )

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

With that kind of interest, I'm getting myself a UK bank account ASAP.
Not that I'm saying that I find £42.50 outrageous (more than original price of £40), mind you. I'd gladly pay those extra £ if I were left without tickets next saturday.

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Last year i was only able to go because of a nice TBB guy (Big_D) who sold me a spare ticket. So i think it's a good thing if the community is helping each other out.

Why the heck doesn't the NAF get a shot at 150 of the tickets in advance anyway ... i think they should be supported by GW a little more.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I certainly think there should be a "priority to NAF members" rule. If nothing else, it ensures that it is the true BB fanatics who attend, not just random folk who thought it would be a laugh to go. That said, I don't see the tickets lasting very long so unless those people are on the phone at 9am they won't be there anyway.

Seeing as I can make so few tournaments each year I REALLY don't want to miss the big one. I wanna see if I can make it all the way to playing in the shop this year (may as well be realistic in my goals...).

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Indigo

Post by Indigo »

just one more table Thads mate ;)

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Not far off...

Anyone want to place a bet on the number of draws I'll manage this year?
(with a bit of luck the points this year will be something like win=5, draw=3, loss by 1=2, loss=0).

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

I bet a whole nights drinking on the fact that your on a lower table than me by the end of day 1 :wink:

It was sooooo good to see you at the other end of the room after the amount of stick you gave me. I was deeply hurt by all the name calling :cry:

No really, fingers crossed you will do better this year. (dont think any of us could up with the stink you kicked up last year :wink: )

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

shaniepoo wrote:I bet a whole nights drinking on the fact that your on a lower table than me by the end of day 1 :wink:

It was sooooo good to see you at the other end of the room after the amount of stick you gave me. I was deeply hurt by all the name calling :cry:

No really, fingers crossed you will do better this year. (dont think any of us could up with the stink you kicked up last year :wink: )
All I can say is 4-1.