Blood Bowl 2004?

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Hangus wrote:dwarfcoach if need me to i'll get one for you if you are going to have trouble. The only concern i have is i am working on the saturday.....wait a minute that means freeeeee phone calls. Now if only they had banned us from phoning in Richard and Judy "you say we'll pay" this would be perfect :D
Cheers mate :D . I am talking to some people, seeing what I can wangle and all that but I think there is a very good chance it may not come through (I'm not half as good at blagging people as I used to be :roll: ).

I will definately PM you closer to the time if I run out of options.... And of course I can bring payment with me to Pearlys :D :D :wink: .

Reason: ''
*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
darthnoir
Star Player
Star Player

Post by darthnoir »

Last year's Blood Bowl was the first official tournament I participated in.

I had an absolute blast. The environment was great (other than the need for higher tables or shorter benches :lol: )

Everyone I had a match with was exhibited the height of sportsmanship. This , of course, made it nearly impossible to pick just one to give my sportsmanship point to.

Man...now I'm getting all bummed out that I wont be able to attend this year :cry:

grotemuis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotemuis »

dwarfcoach wrote:Well I'm in Holland as well and if I can get a ticket it will be a bloody miracle. :roll:

Then again, stranger things have happened........
we´re going to order from the games-workshop in amsterdam! hopefully we´ll get some tickets that way

and with one sigh he managed to expres his total hatred for everything that's mankind
marvin
gallowin
Veteran
Veteran

Rules & tickets

Post by gallowin »

Unfortunately I won't be going this year. :( I had a blast and would again if not for the money of flying over.

A thought I wanted to throw out there for rules in tourney: Nurgles Rotters & Undead both have the ability to create players from opponent deaths. For tourney rules only, allow those new players to join the team on the next drive. What good is an advantage if you can't use it. Kind of like Chaos not getting mutations in a tourney.

I'm not really keen to the idea of buying tickets in lots. It was hell waiting on hold and the tourney sold out rather quickly. If people can buy in large lots then this thing will be sold out in an hour. Maybe if they let people buy up to three at a time.

"A twist of the wrist, a slip of the blade, and your posturing is ended"
neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

Tim wrote:
Do you think it's useful if everyone who gets through grabs an extra ticket and we distribute them on TBB afterwards? I don't think that anybody will get stuck with a spare ticket ...
I think that s a good idea !

dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

grotemuis wrote:
dwarfcoach wrote:Well I'm in Holland as well and if I can get a ticket it will be a bloody miracle. :roll:

Then again, stranger things have happened........
we´re going to order from the games-workshop in amsterdam! hopefully we´ll get some tickets that way
That sounds good. Unfortunately I'm only there for the weekend (the Dutch Open tourney) and then I'm off home Sunday evening.

:roll: :-? :( :cry:

(Hehe, big wuss)

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Well, I'm in the "We" grotemuis mentioned and I'm either going to order from the store on saturday morning or I'm going to mobile-phone them myself.

I think there will be more players at the DO doing so...

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

well got to check the finances but i should be picking up at least one spare for the tourney. once it's all sorted i'll let you all know.

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

I'm going to order as many as they allow me to, or my credit card can hold. Although I'm buying for others I will be willing to distribute them on here afterwards. One thing though - since I am likely to be getting a lot and it might be a while before I sell them on, does anyone think it's unreasonable to charge the ticket price plus a percentage of the interest they are going to earn while the balance is sitting on my card?

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Evil Git wrote:well got to check the finances but i should be picking up at least one spare for the tourney. once it's all sorted i'll let you all know.
If you do get an extra ticket i might buy it off you. Still havent told the other half that im looking at going yet, think i'll wait until the last moment then spring it on her. (gives her less time to 'convince' me not to go)

As for charging interest, it would depend on how much? Wasnt there some git on Ebay last year selling tickets at almost double the cost of a normal ticket?

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Indigo wrote:One thing though - since I am likely to be getting a lot and it might be a while before I sell them on, does anyone think it's unreasonable to charge the ticket price plus a percentage of the interest they are going to earn while the balance is sitting on my card?
Just sell them within a month, before the credit card balance is charged to your bank account, then there's no interest :)

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Tim wrote:Just sell them within a month, before the credit card balance is charged to your bank account, then there's no interest :)
Ideally that'd be what I'd do, but realistically if I get x amount of tickets on the 7th I doubt I'd be able to find buyers, get the money off them and get the cash onto my card within a month.

This isn't a way for me to make a fast buck, it's a plan in case I end up getting out of pocket. I can't see the total interest divided between all tickets coming to more than a few pounds each...

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

I will try to visit this event , too. I have to show the StreetBowlPitch some people anyway... :roll: :wink: And i want to meet some TBBs i just knew by email or posts :D

OK, i will play a game or two, too. :wink:

Traveller

Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ DAMN !!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

This ticket cartel concept is annoying imo. If people want tickets, phone gw like everyone else has to. If I spend ages on the phone as per last time to find some clown has just bought the last 30 tickets in one fell sweep I'm going to be seriously p*ssed off. It's 200 tickets, if you really want one phone, we don't need all these unofficial ticket agencies/touts, it just makes the process more complicated for normal people wanting a ticket.