Blood Bowl 2004?

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Blood Bowl 2004?

Post by Hangus »

With only three weeks to go till tickets go on sale I would like to know as a bit of a newbie what people think of it.

Is it all powergaming kids with the cool lot from TBB and Naf hiding in bugmans?

Any horror stories? (i heard from one of the eccbl lot that one opponant tried to nick on of his figs) or GW organisation skills being crap? (or good?)

Or is it more people added to the christmas card list, friends for life kinda stuff?

I would love to go, not only to take part in a massive tourny but to put more names to faces.

But as per normal things start to fall on that weekend as soon as heard it was announced so early choices have to be made hense the early post so plans can be changed.

thanks guys

Ben

Reason: ''
Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

I think it's worth it, despite the risk you run of meeting some arse who's there to powergame. Anyway, there will be a huge demand for tickets with a lot of hardcore players ringing at 9am - with luck the powergamers will not think the demand will be that high and wont get to go.

I had a reasonable time last time, with some good and some terrible games, but I'll definitely be back this year... since I know more people now it'll be much better.

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Well ...

went to BB last year, first tournament ever ... met lots of nice ppl ...
went to RDV BB to meet the guys again ... met lots of other nice ppl ...
got invited to Amsterdam, so i meet some guys again and some nice new ones ...
organized Mannheim to meet them again, met lots of other nice ppl ...
went to Zürich to meet some guys i met in Mannheim ...
went to EuroBowl to meet all the guys again (and some new ones) ...
went to Underworld Cup and met some guys i met at the Bloodbowl ...
(you get the idea)

The chances are there to run into a powergaming kid arse, however i think BB with TR100 is too balanced to do some real powergaming, so don't expect to see many of them there. On the other hand, there will be about 150 nice ppl from all around the world, most of them TBB members, so it's really worth it.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Went to resurection then to BloodBowl, both were great fun!

I cant remember there being any 'Kids' at all, and only came across 1 power gamer out of both events.

Bugmans is great, and so are the staff behind the bar...... :roll:

As for the other people that go and being prats/t**ts/pricks and so forth...there wernt any that i saw. Although within 5 minutes of getting there i had people calling me names on the way up the stairs to register....'Hippy'....'goldy locks'....'i want to be a hippy'....you know who you are.

Im in a dilema at the moment, im of to America to see Micky, Donald, Goofy and co in July so might not be able to aford the weekend :cry: Im going to try my hardest to go, it's 2 days after my birthday so if im lucky i might get a ticket as a prezi.

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

shaniepoo wrote: As for the other people that go and being prats/t**ts/pricks and so forth...there wernt any that i saw. Although within 5 minutes of getting there i had people calling me names on the way up the stairs to register....'Hippy'....'goldy locks'....'i want to be a hippy'....you know who you are.
:P HIPPY!

I'll be on the phone at 10am that morning...

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Hopefully, I'll have paid enough off on my c/c so I can be on the phone at 9am, but if not, reckon I'll still go along again for a laugh, and to meet up.

(Damn, why couldn't my share option been 2 weeks earler :( )

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Old_Man_Monkey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Old_Man_Monkey »

Darkson - if you need a ticket and can pay me back when I get over, I'll pick you up an extra...

Speak TRUTH to power.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

PM sent.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Damn! I was going to ask Darkson to get a ticket for me and I would send him the money for it, I will have to stay up until 2am local time Sat morning to phone for a ticket myself, was hoping I could ask a nice Brit to get me one :wink: ).

GO STAMPEDERS!
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

why does nobody tell him about the real monster of the BB 42 ?

Norse Singing! (with of course a little help of Lucider and Max....and Niels !! )

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Hmm this will be fun, lot's of us sitting at th Dutch Open and using their mobiles to ring GW UK ... "please hold the line" ...

Calling GW will be more expensive than the ticket itself :roll:

Do you think it's useful if everyone who gets through grabs an extra ticket and we distribute them on TBB afterwards? I don't think that anybody will get stuck with a spare ticket ...

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

forgive my ignorance but when you order the ticket do you get a rules pack?

cos i'm curious about the stance on star players and if i need to order zara :D

Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Well I'm in Holland as well and if I can get a ticket it will be a bloody miracle. :roll:

Then again, stranger things have happened........

*Mr. T pities the fool. Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off. *
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

forgive my ignorance but when you order the ticket do you get a rules pack?

cos i'm curious about the stance on star players and if i need to order zara
You will get a rule pack with your ticket in the post telling you everything you will need to know. As for the star players, im not sure if they are going to be used. I hope not, last year i found teams who have loads of stars (orcs and humans for example) had a bit of an advantage over those teams that dont have any (Norse for example). We will just have to wait and see. :D
dwarfcoach wrote:Well I'm in Holland as well and if I can get a ticket it will be a bloody miracle. :roll:

Then again, stranger things have happened........
It shouldnt be to big a problem, should it? If i remember right, last year had someone from Japan (i think?) or was it down-under?

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

dwarfcoach if need me to i'll get one for you if you are going to have trouble. The only concern i have is i am working on the saturday.....wait a minute that means freeeeee phone calls. Now if only they had banned us from phoning in Richard and Judy "you say we'll pay" this would be perfect :D

Careful now.....

Where's my hat?