NAFC 2024 feedback

This forum is dedicated to the upcoming NAF Championship Tournament. It also contains posts relating to the defunct Games Workshop Blood Bowl Grand Tournament. DO NOT post unrelated material in this forum.

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

NAFC 2024 feedback

Post by lunchmoney »

Any thoughts? What was good? What was bad?
Keep it polite and civil👍

Reason: ''
Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: NAFC 2024 feedback

Post by lunchmoney »

I had a great weekend, thanks to all the team. Thanks for helping those of us with a need and letting us play on the back edge tables all weekend.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Amazing organisation. Just turn up and play! App worked well for me (note: it doesn't like Chrome, so use Firefox etc) - all really smooth. Lovely refs and announcers. I could listen to Dan talk to me all day. He should sing songs on Facebook.

Ruleset much better. Some weaker stars for those who want, but didn't upset the simple competitiveness. Good for newcomers as easy to make something decent.

Pitch didn't upset me massively, although bigger tables would be nicer... (sorry!)

Lunch is a bit boring. I'd happily pay more for decent food, but I expect that is impossible to organise. Andy Davo bought us all Dominoes. Just saying...

Zero final was great. No offense, but imagine overtime between Davo and Besters... lol. (They are both good friends of mine.) It also gave the others on the top tables something to play for, and I was delighted to see Jose win - what a lovely guy.

Just a shame we can't make it even bigger to allow all who want to come. How many were left on the waiting list in the end?

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

PeteW wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:48 pm note: it doesn't like Chrome, so use Firefox etc) - all
Interesting. It worked perfectly on my Android with Chrome.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Widram
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Widram »

My first nafc, I've wanted to attend for years. So made up I finally made it.
Gutted for those that wanted to attend but failed to get tickets.
The venue is large. Is it possible to expand capacity by using other rooms at the venue?

Could the vendors be moved into the entrance hall,
main corridor or a corridor side room? to create more space for tables in the main hall.

Some coaches feel overwhelmed in such a large room of people. By using a side room it might make nafc's capacity larger and more inclusive to these coaches. By having a quieter less crowded room. Make it a option when purchasing your ticket.

The venue itself is lovely the staff are brilliant and the facilities are spot on. The accessibility for my wife in her chair was fantastic. Our accessible room in the hotel was one of the best equipped hotel rooms we've stayed in.

Lunches...
Could they be better? yes, but you are catering for 300ish people so totally get it.

A huge thank you to everyone involved in organising and running the event. I really did have the best time. With 6 fantastic games against 6 lovely coaches.
I laughed lots, made new friends and met many old ones.

Thanks to my 6 opponents for the giggles and everyone there who make our community the greatest gaming community going.

May Nuffle bless you all in their own special way

Much love and hugs
Gareth
Widram

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

NAFC mega. More NAFC.

Wagz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wagz »

App worked fine on Chrome on my iPhone.

Thought the range of stalls was great for the event, food was sufficiently good for an event like that. Would also support putting the stalls in the corridor to allow for more tables playing but it puts pressure on the weather to be nice so that being outside is an option.

On the top few rows of tables the boards were a bit flimsy; it wasn't really possible to put pieces in the end zone and I had one round where the table cloth underneath created a raised crease through the pitch.

A bit of conflict was the skill rings on sale making 32mm bases larger and hence the pieces being really hard to track on the pitch. I played vs a Greebo Orc team where a piece took up three whole squares lying down and about two squares stood up. Maybe there could be dedicated space for the odd team which really is too large to play on a bigger board? Not advertised as you don't want to encourage it, but as a backup plan.

bartk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bartk »

Nurgle in bottom tier was good (i.e where the team belongs). And I'm not biased at all :)

Lunches looked like last year's but were somehow not as bad as last year.
No need to mention pitch sizes I guess... it is known.

Overall, a blast.

besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

bartk wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:06 pm Lunches looked like last year's but were somehow not as bad as last year.

No need to mention pitch sizes I guess... it is known.

Overall, a blast.
Agree with the point about food, wonder why?

About the pitch, I think a lot of teams are too big, I prefer the smaller models The current pitches are a lot better than the old format. Although I found models didn't seem to stay where you put them.

But was an enjoyable weekend, but I would say that!