Halfling Playbook

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Magier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Magier »

What is the "on Pitch TTM" actually? I've never seen it mentioned - but then, I'm not on TBBF that often. ;)
Is there also a link to the "Hot List" mentioned by Galak?

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Alesdair wrote:In that case why did you throw him so far across field that he couldn't make it to the end zone...

Or where you just eating up the clock so that the norse didn't have time to get a reply tuchdown...
Actually .... that was probably only a Short Pass ... I'll have to relook at the game file. I only throw to Long Pass range in emergencies ... so now that I think about it ... it was probably a Short Pass as I don't like my fumble odds to be more then 33% .... 50% fumble rates on Long Passes is not my idea of a good time.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Magier wrote:What is the "on Pitch TTM" actually? I've never seen it mentioned - but then, I'm not on TBBF that often. ;)

Code: Select all

Take Root: With the Ogres gone, the Flings lose any tournament viability at all. Also Take Root is really not a nega-trait at all to Old World or Wood Elf teams. To move all nega-traits to on-pitch effects and make it a true negatrait for WE and OW teams, please consider the following wording for Take Root (both have been tested already for balance):

"Before taking an action with a player with this characteristic that is neither prone or stunned, roll a D6. On a 2+, he is fine and may continue his action as normal. On a 1, he takes root into the pitch and loses his action for this turn. In addition, for the rest of the drive, no actions may be taken with this player and he has no Tackle Zone. If he had the ball, he'll drop it and it will scatter one square causing a turnover if not caught by another member of your team."

If this is deemed too negative ... an on-pitch Take Root like this could be considered:

"Before taking an action with a player with this characteristic that is neither prone or stunned, roll a D6. On a 2+, he is fine and may continue his action as normal. On a 1, he takes root into the pitch. For the rest of the drive, he is considered to have an MA of 0 and cannot Go For It. He will still be able to block adjacent opponents without follow-up."
Is there also a link to the "Hot List" mentioned by Galak?
http://www.midgardbb.com/BBRC_HotList2003.html

The Hot List is currently locked to changes as the 2003 review starts in a couple weeks.

Magier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Magier »

Thank you very much. :)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Hopefully, my Gobbo's will be free for when you return (if not, how about a out-of-league game)?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Darkson wrote:Hopefully, my Gobbo's will be free for when you return (if not, how about a out-of-league game)?
I'm back Darkson.

Galak

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Nice to have you back Galak. Hope you had a good time. :D

ImageImage
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Mid-way through the 2nd half, so should be finished by the end of the weekend, at the latest.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Okay I have to post this ... sorry rotogar.

BEWARE THE 'FLINGS ... MUH HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Battle Creek Dragons TR 157 - Iron Chefs TR 129 ... handicaps: Dragons could not foul, Chefs got a free Fling for the game.

This win will put me at 5 wins - 6 losses in the PBeMBBL ... 18 TD for/19 against ... 21 CAS for/36 against. I've left the team completely open to all challenges.

I'm really going to miss those Ogres. Hope On-Pitch Take Root comes in soon. Anyway ... added a couple more fine points on the Playbook based on recent lessons.

Galak

Democritus
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Democritus »

that is a blood match what have you done to your halflings? Made them killer machines?
What was the ending score in that game?

Tell us more about that game, please...

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Democritus wrote:that is a blood match what have you done to your halflings? Made them killer machines?
What was the ending score in that game?

Tell us more about that game, please...
This game is why I will now really miss Ogres on Halfling teams.

My Ogres came out and decided that AV 7 was swiss cheese this game. Two other things also helped; 1) the Flings were able to position themselves to give the Ogres 3 dice blocks ... 2) My opponent kept leaving Norsemen standing next to the Ogres.

Nothing happend after #75 Kano scored. No more scoring ... no more AV break for the Ogres. The only thing that happened was for the turn shown Norse Thrower #16 blitzed Halfling #9 and killed him and I don't use the apoth on no-skill Flings. So final score was 2-0 with 7-2 for CAS.

My Ogre with Block and Pro had 4 game casualties, my Ogre with just Block had 1, a Halfling got a CAS on a block, and the 7th CAS was the result of a 3 assist foul early in the 1st half.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

WE DID IT!!!!! ... After 12 games and often playing with a lesser TR, my Halflings have reached a 50% win rate in the PBeMBBL LRB only league. Two years playing mostly only stunties paid off.

Now I just wish I wasn't going to lose my Ogres I've gotten attached to the blokes.

PBeMBBL Halfling team: Iron Chefs
http://www.pbembbl.org/teamView.php?teamid=13

Overall record for 12 games:
6 wins - 6 losses
Held scoreless: once
Lost by more than 1 TD: once

Game 1 ... my TR 100 ... opponent TR 100 Dark Elf ... Won 2-1 ... Cas 0 for/1 against (Khain's Favorites)
Game 2 ... my TR 107 ... opponent TR 100 Wood Elf ... Lost 1-2 ... Cas 1 for/5 against (Fangorn Hammers)
Game 3 ... my TR 116 ... opponent TR 100 High Elf ... Lost 1-2 ... Cas 2 for/1 against (The Divine Prophets)
Game 4 ... my TR 119 ... opponent TR 100 Skaven ... Lost 0-3 ... Cas 0 for/7 against (Stench of Decay)
Game 5 ... my TR 116 ... opponent TR 113 Norse ... Won 2-1 ... Cas 2 for/7 against (Icewind Dale Nordiques)
Game 6 ... my TR 115 ... opponent TR 107 Dark Elf ... Lost 3-4 ... Cas 1 for/2 against (Khaine's Fury)
Game 7 ... my TR 115 ... opponent TR 117 High Elf ... Lost 2-3 ... Cas 5 for/2 against (Vardo Malte Rina)
Game 8 ... my TR 125 ... opponent TR 119 Chaos ... Won 2-1 ... Cas 1 for/5 against (Benefinical Mutations)
Game 9 ... my TR 125 ... opponent TR 141 Lizardmen ... Lost in OT 1-2 ... Cas 1 for/3 against (Armour-Gekon)
Game 10 ... my TR 131 ... opponent TR 140 Goblins ... Won 2-1 ... Cas 2 for/2 against (Foul Play)
Game 11 ... my TR 129 ... opponent TR 157 Norse ... Won 2-0 ... Cas 7 for/2 against (Battle Creek Dragons)
Game 12 ... my TR 136 ... opponent TR 137 Chaos ... Won 2-1 ... Cas 3 for/3 against (Chaotic Mongers)

Galak

ScottyBoneman
Super Star
Super Star

Post by ScottyBoneman »

GalakStarscraper wrote:WE DID IT!!!!! ... After 12 games and often playing with a lesser TR, my Halflings have reached a 50% win rate in the PBeMBBL LRB only league. Two years playing mostly only stunties paid off.

Now I just wish I wasn't going to lose my Ogres I've gotten attached to the blokes.

PBeMBBL Halfling team: Iron Chefs
http://www.pbembbl.org/teamView.php?teamid=13

Overall record for 12 games:
6 wins - 6 losses
Held scoreless: once
Lost by more than 1 TD: once

Game 1 ... my TR 100 ... opponent TR 100 Dark Elf ... Won 2-1 ... Cas 0 for/1 against (Khain's Favorites)
Game 2 ... my TR 107 ... opponent TR 100 Wood Elf ... Lost 1-2 ... Cas 1 for/5 against (Fangorn Hammers)
Game 3 ... my TR 116 ... opponent TR 100 High Elf ... Lost 1-2 ... Cas 2 for/1 against (The Divine Prophets)
Game 4 ... my TR 119 ... opponent TR 100 Skaven ... Lost 0-3 ... Cas 0 for/7 against (Stench of Decay)
Game 5 ... my TR 116 ... opponent TR 113 Norse ... Won 2-1 ... Cas 2 for/7 against (Icewind Dale Nordiques)
Game 6 ... my TR 115 ... opponent TR 107 Dark Elf ... Lost 3-4 ... Cas 1 for/2 against (Khaine's Fury)
Game 7 ... my TR 115 ... opponent TR 117 High Elf ... Lost 2-3 ... Cas 5 for/2 against (Vardo Malte Rina)
Game 8 ... my TR 125 ... opponent TR 119 Chaos ... Won 2-1 ... Cas 1 for/5 against (Benefinical Mutations)
Game 9 ... my TR 125 ... opponent TR 141 Lizardmen ... Lost in OT 1-2 ... Cas 1 for/3 against (Armour-Gekon)
Game 10 ... my TR 131 ... opponent TR 140 Goblins ... Won 2-1 ... Cas 2 for/2 against (Foul Play)
Game 11 ... my TR 129 ... opponent TR 157 Norse ... Won 2-0 ... Cas 7 for/2 against (Battle Creek Dragons)
Game 12 ... my TR 136 ... opponent TR 137 Chaos ... Won 2-1 ... Cas 3 for/3 against (Chaotic Mongers)

Galak
First off- nice work. I don't think the PbemBBL is particularly weak either, I have played some pretty strong coaches there.

I think a very telling part is the TR of 136 after a dozen games. Ouch! I think to be a Halfling coach you must be able to 'let go' quite a bit.

[size=75]The ocean doesn't want me today.[/size]
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

oi galak .. that's pretty impressive..

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Game 10 ... my TR 131 ... opponent TR 140 Goblins ... Won 2-1 ... Cas 2 for/2 against (Foul Play)
Bugger, I blame Blitz! and Ripper for that :pissed: