NAF DUTCH TOURNAMENT REPORTS

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Max Horseman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Max Horseman »

Cheers Sputnik, I also enjoyed our game a great deal. I fumbled in the second half, you failed to pick up in the first - what goes around comes around in Blood Bowl!!!

Cheers to Andreas for a cracking tournie, and my 5 great opponents. Even you Grumbledook! :D

Max 8)

Reason: ''
Used to play abit
Donovan McNabb
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Donovan McNabb »

Sorry to hear that you had some 'sportsmanlike problems' Norse; But I have to agree with Geggster: I had a great time!
It was my first tournament and I enjoyed playing all my five games :lol:
I thought the atmosphere was great and on saterday night I even ended up in a bar with some English coaches i never met before (so i was a bit :zzz: on sunday morning).
Definitely going to more tournaments and play more BB!

<i>"MCNabb: a.k.a. Joris"</i>
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Ok, here goes for the second time:
Played Orcs, 4 Blitz, 2 BOB, 1 Ogre, 2 Throw, 2 Line, 1 Gobbo, 3 RR, 4 FF.
Does a total of 4 cas. in 5 games tell a story? Longshot's Wood Elf thrower racked up that many on his own! :-?

Round 1 vs. Bem's Humans
Hmmm...I'd played Bem before in the first round of Tulips last year, when his Amazons beat my Orcs quite comfortably if the truth be told.
This time around I kick, turn the ball over and lead 1 nil at H-T. 2nd half I'm driving for the 2-0 lead, but get outnumbered as I take a cas and a few KOs. I break for the EZ with a Blitzer in possession, get a gobbo down in support, then fail a Bonehead roll which allows Bem to get a 1D Blitz on my ball carrier after a couple of gfis. (Bem's actually rolling dodges when I point out the lack of TZs) Down he duly goes, it's not a kind scatter and a thrower runs past the Ogre, makes a gfi, picks it up and throws the long pass downfield. All of a sudden it's over and it's 1-1. Talk about snatching a draw from the jaws of victory. Worth noting that in a portent of things to come, I didn't cause anything worse than a stun all game.

Round 2 vs. Max Horseman's Monkey-hanging Norse Scumbags.
Start well enough, drive for the 1-0 lead and kill a catcher en-route which cheers me up no end. Max recieves 2nd half, and a string of Skulls/Pow Skulls allows him to not only score with ease, but delay it a turn.
On the ensuing kick, yet more early blocking turnovers allow Max deep penetration into my backfield, and down goes my ball carrier on a 2D my choice block. Small consolation that he needed to use his last RR to do it, when he makes the 3+ dodge and 3+ pick up to lead 2-1. 'Oh well...2 turns left to level it' I think, before the Blitz result on the ensuing Kick off stuffs any such stupid ideas. Good tough game, fun opponent, but I'm left ruing what might have been and plotting revenge next time. Cheers dude!

Round 3 vs. Joris' Humans
Joris has been out of the BB loop for a while, and I guess I'm lucky to catch him still a little rusty. As I remember it, I hold first half and drive second half and play clock control for the 1 nil win. Another great opponent who proved his worth by coming back with 2 straight wins on Sunday and Best Comeback award. Likes a beer too, which is always worth something in my book. :)

So overnight 1W 1T 1L and I'm around halfway up the table with Geggster and Zynox. Not good, but ok.

Round 4 vs. Dennis' Dwarves
Wow. What a game this turned out to be. I kick and spend all half defending the inevitable brawl that Orc/Dwarf games become. I'm confident I've stopped the drive when only a lone runner can break for the EZ on turn 7, and indeed manage to knock him down and out of scoring range. Dennis responds by the only possible way he could score, a blitz to free up only player who can reach, the Ogre, a successful Bonehead, pick-up and 2 gfis later I'm 1-0 down.
I'm a little miffed, but not for long. A minute or 2 later I'm dancing around the table as I prove Orcs are broken by dint of throwing the gobbo for the one turner as Dennis looks on in stunned disbelief! :D High point of the weekend!
Half time, it's 1-1 and me to recieve. I drive ok, but take a fearful pounding from the Dwarves as I do so. I want to eat as much time as I can, but a BH Ogre and BOB plus a few KO's force me to score with 3 turns remaining. I have 7 to defend against 10, with my second BOB staying in the KO box. What I need is a Riot, what I get is a Pitch Invasion. My FF is 4, Dennis' is 3, I duly predictably lose and get all 3 remaining Blitzers and a Thrower stunned. Hmmm. End of story. It's an easy drive for Dennis, although I do manage to give him kittens on my last turn by making a coupla dodges and a gfi with my thrower for a last ditch 1D Blitz. Everybody holds their breath, up comes the skull and it's all over at 2-2. What a game! A lot of fun, and another good opponent who made the game enjoyable throughout. Dennis jokes he's lost about 5 kilo's in weight during the game! :lol:

Game 5 vs. Zynox's Undead.
Not a lot to say really. Simply battered. Absolutely Fookin' Battered in fact. Starts ok with a couple of cas. on each side and I go 1 up. Trouble is his BH Wight (crowd injury) regenerates, and he gets his BH Zombie back by by dint of raising my dead thrower. :-? After that I'm never really in it, not even close. Zynox is sitting on 3 RR when the H-T whistle goes and a 2-1 lead. At 3-1 down I try to rescue a point by getting it back to 3-2. As he makes the break into the backfield, my Blitzer not only falls down on a (rerolled) gfi, he stuns (KOs?) himself in the process. Gary declares a Pass, strolls back with a Wight, picks it up and I'm actually suprised when he needs a reroll to get the (accurate) Long Bomb away, after having to gfi to get within range. The Ghoul drops it at the other end, but it's of no import as I simply haven't got the players left to get anywhere near it, and he simply picks it up and walks in next turn.
A 4-1 drubbing. Ouch.

So there you have it, 4 close games and a good hiding, down amongst the dead men in the rankings again. Still, had a great weekend, always nice to meet more people and nice to renew some acquaintances as well.
Big thanks to Lucy, Daan etc. Shame that you appear to have dipped out a little Norse, but I have to say I had excellent opponents bar none and a thoroughly good time, despite being well under the weather on Sun. evening. Roll on the BB, I reckon Nuffle owes me big time after the last 2or 3 tournies, and somebodies gonna cop it eventually! :smoking:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Donovan McNabb
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Donovan McNabb »

Well here I go with my report – it’s gonna be a brief one though:

Game 1) Reikland Rams vs Martijn’s PSV

Well I was a bit nervous :-? – didn’t play the game for a wile and well: it was a very nervous game indeed! Loads of bad luck on both sides of the table and in the end a 1-1 draw. And man: PSV’s models were beautifuly painted…. :o

Game 2) Reikland Rams vs Niels’Ravin’ Ratz

Since Niels was the one who got me in this tournament, it was fun to play him in round two. Again a close game (1-1) with lots of turnovers.

Game 3) Reikland Rams vs James’ Deatwingz Dimensha

Wow. This guy really knew how to make a solid pocket with his Orcs. Lost 0-1, had good fun (and drank plenty of beers! :) )

INTERMISSION IN LEGENDS: HAD MORE BEERS :D

Game 4) Reikland rams vs Pieter’s Pjotr Gdansk Haven

To put it mildly: I was a bit lucky with the injury rolls….My blitzers absolutely kicked the living sh^T out of the Skaven and led the team to a 3-2 victory, with a 8-2 casualty number…

Game 5) Reikland Rams vs Dennis’ Demolition Dwarves

It turned out to be the game that got me the comeback award, but it was a very tough one. A double skull for one of his Troll slayers made that my catcher could grab the ball and walk into the endzone with two turns remaining….. :smoking:

Thanks again everybody for the good weekend!

<i>"MCNabb: a.k.a. Joris"</i>
elloco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by elloco »

Here are my games... <BR>
I played Wood Elves (<B>Wasting Woodmen</B> was my team name), 2 Wardancers, 2 catchers, 7 Linemen and 1 Apo. 2 RR, FF 4. Forgive me for not remembering every detail...

<B>Game 1</B> vs A'hof Bulls (Chaos Dwarf)<BR>
Well, here I did myself NOT a favour. I was leading 2-1 and wanted to blitz his hobbie who carried the ball with my wardancer. But I needed to make one block before that. I moved a support into place and declared the block... only I overlooked the fact that my 'blocker' was a catcher... 1 die to roll: skull, reroll, skull... Final score: 2-2.

<B>Game 2</B> vs PSV (Orc)<BR>
No problems here. At halftime I was already leading 2-0. When he got some cas's at the start of the second half I didn't really try to stop him from scoring, but still put in the 3-1 in my last turn. PSV won the best painted team award and deserved it!

<B>Game 3</B> vs Raging Rodents (Skaven)<BR>
Easily my best game. Very tough line-up. With my jumping wardancers I managed to get the ball on the ground and scored 1-0. But with a well-played action he managed to score 1-1 just before halftime. I received and had no problems scoring 2-1. Then again I got the ball somehow (don't remember how exactly ;-) and scored 3-1. After that I just concentrated on trying to kill the Rat Ogre so he scored 3-2 in his last turn.

<B>Game 4</B> vs Munich Sun Devils (Lizardmen)<BR>
Well, sometimes Wood Elves experience these games... In turn 3 I scored 1-0 but I had already used my apo AND 2 men in the D&I box... at half-time there were 3 more: only 6 players left to field in the second half, the score was 1-1 by then. I tried to defend as well as I could but 1-2 was easy. Then the 5 Elves left on the field got kicked around a bit and lost the ball again. I was allowed to score 3-2 in my final turn.

<B>Game 5</B> vs Longfangs Dambusters (Human)<BR>
I managed to get the ball on the floor again after the Dambusters received and quickly scored after that. But then Del played a long and strong drive, equalling the game just before halftime. I received and was ready to score 2-1, only 4 squares from the endzone. But my Wardancer who was going to close the cage failed a dodge (and the reroll too.. sigh) so the Humans could blitz my catcher. The ball was surrounded by humans. I blocked a player, pushing him back on the ball, hoping for a lucky bounce out of the cage... but the Ogre rolled 6 and got it! Slowly he marched up field, ready to score in turn 7 (though I worked hard to stop him). Turn 7 came, and the Ogre got a 1 on his bonehead roll.... All of my players were taken back to make a strong defensive line, but a handoff to a catcher with some dodges and 2 GFI's would still score for Del in turn 8. The Ogre was going to make the handoff..... and rolled another 1 for Bonehead! Game over, final score: 1-1.

All-in-all a great tournament in which I was very surprised to get pretty good results. Which should have been even better (but don't they ever?) as I could have won game 1 and 5. Next year I'll be back DEFINITELY!

I took some pictures which you will have found by now, I think:
http://groups.msn.com/BloodbowlNL.

Cheers,<BR>
Ronald

elloco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by elloco »

In the URL, make sure you don't get the dot in...
http://groups.msn.com/BloodbowlNL

Ronald

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Hey guys. Good to see you appearing on TBB! Welcome. :)
The 'Bonehead' game made me laugh so much!

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Deathwing wrote:allowed Max deep penetration into my backfield, and down goes my...
Whooooahhh!! Steady on DW - easy tiger! I know Amsterdam is liberal and all, but I didn't know you and Max were THAT cold in the flat!

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

No wonder he was ill on sunday night :D

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Should have seen that coming.... :roll:

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Actress
Bishop

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
squiggoth
Super Star
Super Star

Post by squiggoth »

Geggster wrote:Norse, I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy yourself but I can assure you that I found my opponents entirely sporting (although I did have the fortune of playing PSV and their wonderfully painted orcs which was almost worth the journey in itself).

There will always be a few of wallies at tournaments. Maybe you just got unlucky and ended up playing all of them.
Well, I had the fortune of playing Geggster's warpstone munching rodents and learned that there is more to Blood Bowl then just Punch Them Until They Lie Still... Something called "tack-ticks"???? ;)

Anyway, I had a great time against all my opponents, and I even managed a draw against the first one! The fact that I scored less than 0,5 TD per match was not so cool, by the way :cry:

Martijn (Next Year I'll Score!)

I have no signature and therefore I suck.
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

squiggoth wrote:Next Year I'll Score!
:o

I don't think I want to see that happen... :D

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
squiggoth
Super Star
Super Star

Post by squiggoth »

I don't think I can remember much... There was beer... And more beer... But let's see...

1st match against Joris v.d. Heuvel (Reikland Rams) 1-1
Hurrah!!! I'm Da Best: I didn't lose against Joris!!! Neither did I win, but I kicked some white skinny humie butt with my boyz and had a lot of fun :)

2nd match against Ronald Lokers (The Tea-Drinking Panzeez or Wasting Woodmen, something like that ;)) 1-3
Well, erm... We Wuz Robbed... Even though 'Ead Koach G. Hittink managed to koach a Goblin Team from Korea all the way to the finals of the Soccer World Cup a few months earlier!
It ended 3-1 for Ronald, but at least I got to kick some white skinny elven butt with my boyz and had a lot of fun :)

3rd match against Paul Geggs (The... Euhm... Cheetaz... Something with Cheetaz anyway ;)) 0-5
Erm... How to put it... We Wuz Severelee Robbed!!!
The ratty team scored 5 times, undoubtedly because they spiked the Orc's punch, turning the pround ladz from PSV into gibbering senile mushroom-fondlers :cry:
I only managed to kick one rat out of the game (and it took me the whole match!)
Stupid rats... Still, no hard feelings. Not much anyway. At least I learned a lot from this game :)

4th match, against another Humie Team (forgot the name)
Records are lost in the mists of time (it might have been the alcohol, it might have been lack of sleep, it might have been the fact that you shouldn't get up at 5.30 in the moring on a Sunday just to go to Amsterdam after lots of beer and lack of sleep ;))
I know I lost (that's for sure!), and probably 1-3 (but it could be otherwise)
I DO remember that my Ogre scored the TD :)
Anyway, I had a lot of fun and kicked some humies' buttz (yaaaay! :))

5th match, against NEC (the Norse Evisceration Club, by Stefan Arts)
I must've played Stefan a million times and he's the only guy at our gaming club that can win against me at Blood Bowl. But normally I win. Unless he plays with his annoying Skaven. Then he's almost sure to win. Anyway, his misguided Norsemen (they're NEC - come on!) managed to score 4 TD's against me! Off course, it was all luck, as in a normal game against Stefan I make his badly dressed Norse eat their bootz in the first few turns and score 3 TD in the rest of the match ;)

Most praise to my players during this Tournament must go to Flugg (my Ogre) and Soddit (one of my Goblins). Soddit managed to break his neck about every match, but not after he fouled a lot of opponents :) Flugg managed to roll a lot of 6s during the 5 matches, and got hold of the ball on 2 occasions, actually scoring with it once! How's that for boneheads? ;)

Martijn

squiggoth
Super Star
Super Star

Post by squiggoth »

Don't want to see me score? You just watch... :P