LRB 6.0

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Re: LRB 6.0

Post by Joemanji »

They are idiots. The BB market can be considered completely separate from their core business. Anything they can make on WFB / 40K is not affected by how much they support BB. The opportunity costs can be easily avoided. No need for capital investment. They are essentially too lazy to make money on BB. It is baffling, GW are so utterly cutthroat. For a business that would happily cause me a slow lingering death for a quid extra profit, I cannot understand why they would turn down the extra £10,000s they could make on BB.

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Its beyond me which is why I wonder if it is all part of a master plan which my simple brain cannot comprehend, or just blindness and stupidity

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Hopefully sales & marketing are livid with the current direction of the legal team. I know I would be.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

The truth is they are scared of Blood Bowl. It's a game which is 10 times better than any of the 'core' games but needs 1/10 the amount of models. If they let Blood Bowl become popular they will loose alot of business. What annoys me is there policy of sitting on the fence. They should either support the gamer properly or just drop it completely.

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
Pagan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pagan »

A thought that I had and haven't seen it mentioned yet.

Is all the LRB6 pdf hate due to the fact there is no plan to release it as a PDF on their site? Rules set for several years, what better time to release a new boxed set with LRB6 inside?

Wylder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Wylder »

Pagan wrote:A thought that I had and haven't seen it mentioned yet.

Is all the LRB6 pdf hate due to the fact there is no plan to release it as a PDF on their site? Rules set for several years, what better time to release a new boxed set with LRB6 inside?
Yeah. The problem is that they aren't likely to do that and still aren't releasing the PDF.

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Pagan wrote:Is all the LRB6 pdf hate due to the fact there is no plan to release it as a PDF on their site?
AFAIK they are going to put it on the site, it just takes time (too long imo).

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

They are releasing a boardgame now, for 40K. Horus Heresy IIRC.

Seeing them (re)releasing Space Hulk, and now HH, who knows. I just hope they dont wait till they are launching Bloodbowl as a boardgame and only then put the PDF online.

If GW would make a new BB-box, including a (few) teams, or even a race-specific box + teams + dugout they would be best-sellers I think.

Anyway, they should put the whole PDF online, soonish. The sooner the better actually... :-?

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

JaM .. got a link or something to Horus Heresy?

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_ ... =98&esem=2

OK, it's trough fantasy flight games, but WH40K nonetheless.

It's a perfect timing though, the HH-novels are quite good sellers, decently written too (most of them).

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Sounds very, very similar to the counter-based game they released back in the 90s under the same name. But with cool models.

That looks like it is a Fantasy Flight release though, whereas I thought Space Hulk was GW "proper". Although if that means FF are allowed to release miniature games ...

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Joemanji wrote:Sounds very, very similar to the counter-based game they released back in the 90s under the same name. But with cool models.

That looks like it is a Fantasy Flight release though, whereas I thought Space Hulk was GW "proper". Although if that means FF are allowed to release miniature games ...
I wonder if the battle barges still completely break the game though....?

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Didnt know it was an "old" game, but it looks like they are rereleasing some old games then. First Space Hulk, now orus Heresy, maybe, maybe... Bloodbowl ?

Not too sure if that's a good thing, if that means waiting for LRB 6.0, or (shudder) going back to the "basic" rulebook that is still in the original box !! :o

Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

thought I said this on another thread. 8th january is tickets sale day for BBGT

"In Dodge We Trust"
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

So is it going to be played with LRB 1.0 or the Competition Rule Pack.

I would seriously suffer injury laughing if GW legal made the Blood Bowl GT organizers use the now official Blood Bowl rules and run an LRB 1.0 event.

Go Roze-El Bowl

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers