LRB 6.0

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Boromir_of_Gondor
Rookie
Rookie

Re: LRB 6.0

Post by Boromir_of_Gondor »

So use the Boxed-set rules? Legal division would be the laffing stock of the bluddbwol community, and no-one would remember the rules at the GT! That would be FAIL.

Reason: ''
landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

Boromir_of_Gondor wrote:So use the Boxed-set rules? Legal division would be the laffing stock of the bluddbwol community, and no-one would remember the rules at the GT! That would be FAIL.
Epic fail.

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
SierraKiloBravo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by SierraKiloBravo »

I'm absolutely stunned here. My gut reaction is that GW's general counsel concluded that the work done by the BBRC could feasibly amount to independent copyrightable works, which is why they completely scuttled the LRB instead of having to fight the IP battle. Of course, that IP battle could have very easily been resolved by simply getting a full assignment of any ancillary IP from the BBRC themselves, or even a release.

It also smacks of GW not wanting to invest resources to replace the ruleset in the boxed game.

Shame on you, Jervis. Shame on you.

Control the lightning.
skritter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by skritter »

SierraKiloBravo wrote:......My gut reaction is that GW's general counsel concluded that the work done by the BBRC could feasibly amount to independent copyrightable works, which is why they completely scuttled the LRB instead of having to fight the IP battle. ........
The new rules are LRB 6. All the content that matters is the same (bar 1 typo). No IP issue.

All Gradma scrapped was the hard work laying it up into a nice document.

Melbourne Blood Bowl Leaguer
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

...And the credits box...

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
cyagen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by cyagen »

:o

Can't believe that they want to go back to 1.0 !

LRB 6.0 a frigging work for hire!! (I hope that someone from GW legal is reading this, use your brain!!!!)

Guys, take it from the lawyer, GW is killing BB and the orders are coming from the top.

We lawyers are only minions, we only execute what our (pay)masters are saying.

Kick off return was my idea :)
http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6355&p=174621#p174621
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Darkson wrote:...And the credits box...
Frankly, that credit box is the single most damning thing if Tom or other BBRC members took GW to court in 2012 after they formally launched BB with a new box set. SKB is right, they seem to be circling the wagons after realizing they just parcelled out their IP.

Also, I have a feeling that some within GW don't appreciate just how complex the BB rules structure is, and how difficult it is to lay out the rules. I bet someone read the LRB 6 cover to cover and said "What happened, did a bunch of lawyers get ahold of the game I remember playing 6 years ago? JERVIS!!!"

GuppyShark
Experienced
Experienced

Post by GuppyShark »

Since we know GW are reading this:

As a result of the continued mistreatment of the Blood Bowl community by GW, I have today notified my local GW store that I have ceased collecting my Brettonian and High Elf Warhammer Fantasy armies effective immediately.

If my younger brother wants to take up the hobby, as he will shortly be in the target age bracket, I will tell my Dad to forbid it. Which will not be a hard sell.

I do not believe this is just a leadup to a new Blood Bowl release - the Cyanide game is too much like the real thing and historically GW have not allowed accurate translations of tabletop to PC because they feared it would hurt their tabletop sales, whereas they have no such fear for a game they do not intend to release.

Commissioner, Drakebowl Cyanide Blood Bowl League
Three Wolf Moon Norse Team Blog
Follow @lordmakk on twitter to get news from the ulfwerener's mouth!
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

They're probably not reading this, don't kid yourself. BB isn't even a drop in the ocean next to 40k. Nice sentiment but misguided.

However I firmly believe the only way we as a community can survive this is by having a whip round and buying the IP from GW.

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Taken me a while to catch up on this but posts of the thread award goes to Grum's "chicken little" comment and Woody's "Stay Calm" pic :)

I had a "don't panic Mr Mannering" going around in my head :)

purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

Apparently they do read (or at least have the ability to read) these posts. That's why Galak has been given the job of 'policing' TFF by banning discussion of LRB 6 rulesets etc.

I would normally buy stuff every other week from GW but since the C & D letters I've not bought anything. I'm actually considering selling my army for WHFB. It's a rubbish game anyway.

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
alternat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by alternat »

purdindas wrote:Apparently they do read (or at least have the ability to read) these posts. That's why Galak has been given the job of 'policing' TFF by banning discussion of LRB 6 rulesets etc.

I would normally buy stuff every other week from GW but since the C & D letters I've not bought anything. I'm actually considering selling my army for WHFB. It's a rubbish game anyway.
is not that hard to register an account... even a lawyer can do that.

rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

alternat wrote:
purdindas wrote:Apparently they do read (or at least have the ability to read) these posts. That's why Galak has been given the job of 'policing' TFF by banning discussion of LRB 6 rulesets etc.

is not that hard to register an account... even a lawyer can do that.

indeed 1 or 2 have

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Indigo wrote:They're probably not reading this, don't kid yourself.
The legal letter I got in the mail removing me from the BBRC quote a post from TBB as part of it. Want to rethink. GW has a new sheriff in time Indigo ... she doesn't use the same methods you are used to.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Boromir_of_Gondor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Boromir_of_Gondor »

Do we know who this person is?