LRB 6.0

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Re: LRB 6.0

Post by worthy »

Joemanji wrote:There are independent retailers.
I know, but unfortunately none in my area, only online.

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

worthy wrote:
NightDragon 2 wrote:I am with you Joe, I seriously hope GW go bust. They have behaved like scum for years and treated their customers like dirt. We don't need them anymore with some very good gaming companies out there who are connected to their customers because they are small. GW are now way to big for their own boots. They are so very different from the company that had one shop in Hammersmith that I used to go and buy minis from in 1979. Such a shame.
Speak for yourself as I don't do internet banking/Pay Pal (don't had bad experiences with it) so I prefer to go in my local GW shop and order on there computer and pay for it in the store... so until I find another place that does the exact same thing, I'm stuck with GW.
Are you paying with cash or a credit card?

Because if its a credit card ... I know store like the Impact! store can take a credit card (ie you don't have to have a PayPal account or an online bank). If you are a cash only guy ... than way I understand you have a problem.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

Geez man you really gotta get your online shopping phobia sorted.

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

alternat wrote:looks like they're putting all of us to the test.
by the way, I don't know if they are aware that they cannot clean up all the internet of every trace of everything... even if they can try.
simply impossible the LRB is in the hands of most of the users of this and others forums. What they have to do is publish it as a new edition of the game with cool multicomponent miniatures and we all will buy it as we are adicts to BB. Even if the legal department has proofed his idiocity 10000%.

But knowing GW from inside I bet they will change things from the LRB if they do so. For example adding brettonians and other minor race in the box just to piss off the companies who created the slann and chaos pact.

alternat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by alternat »

do you think they really will add a full race without playtes... oh, nevermind!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

worthy wrote:
Joemanji wrote:There are independent retailers.
I know, but unfortunately none in my area, only online.
There would be if GW went bust. My home town, plus the 4 other local towns/cities all had independent retailers that sold all sorts of manufacturers mini's alongside GW's. Grandma opened up in all the 4 locals, and now none of them have indie sellers, and the shop here only sells a small range of GW. If GW went under, the indies would reappear.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

alternat wrote:do you think they really will add a full race without playtes... oh, nevermind!
of course is GW.They are not famous for balancing their games!!! But the contrary in order to sell more miniatures!!!

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Speak for yourself as I don't do internet banking/Pay Pal (don't had bad experiences with it) so I prefer to go in my local GW shop and order on there computer and pay for it in the store... so until I find another place that does the exact same thing, I'm stuck with GW.
Studies on this side of the pond have shown that ordering with your credit card online is safer then buying something in a store with your credit card. Onlline is now all encrypted. At a store it's a wireless network and NO encryption. People can get all of your info from the parking lot with parts from any electronics store.

Back to LRB 6. I have to think that what Galak and Ian say makes a whole lot of sense. If you haven't set where your trying to go you'll end up in all kinds of places. Not to mention lots of disagreements as noones really aiming at the same goal.

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Wylder wrote:
tchatter wrote:That "draft" is missing some of the changes anyways.
What's it missing?

So Wylder are you NRB? 8)

Its missing the Star Player prices for one, it also still has the red text present and if you are going to do it right at least go and download the Gutcruncher font to put the LRB 6.0 in the beginning. 8)

Was the FAQ section updated to reflect the Pass Block change?

There are a lot of minor tweaks that need to be changed and proofreading stuff that I am sure Galak has done in the REAL version.

Either way, it should be removed from being available to the public. We need to allow GW time to post the LRB 6.0 officially. The problem is that if they do not post it on their site then there are going to be about 10 different versions of it floating around all over the place and none of them will be "right".

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
Wylder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Wylder »

tchatter wrote:So Wylder are you NRB? 8)

Its missing the Star Player prices for one, it also still has the red text present and if you are going to do it right at least go and download the Gutcruncher font to put the LRB 6.0 in the beginning. 8)
Nah, it's not me. The version of LRB6 that I've got has the correct prices amongst all the other changes. It even says LRB6.0 in the front.

I don't really know how people got LRB6 versions that don't have these changes unless they were making them themselves.

As for me being NRB? No. I haven't uploaded my version to anyone and don't intend to unless the community at large gives up on GW doing it for us. It's not fair to Galak to do anything other than what he's asked us to.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Darkson wrote: There would be if GW went bust. My home town, plus the 4 other local towns/cities all had independent retailers that sold all sorts of manufacturers mini's alongside GW's. Grandma opened up in all the 4 locals, and now none of them have indie sellers, and the shop here only sells a small range of GW. If GW went under, the indies would reappear.
AKA GW's standard Operating Proceedure.

When I lived in Stirling there was a terrific little games/comics shop where I bought all my Vampire: The Masquerade stuff (we're talking more than ten years ago here) among other things.
Justa friendly little place that had the top floor of an indie record shop. Cramped but cool.

Then GW opened in town...and the Games Cave lost a huge chunk of business, and then vanished.

GW closed in Stirling a couple of years later (after I'd left). I understand they're back now.

GW are money grabbing bar stewards, who don't give a rat's arse about communities if they don't have an iron grip on them, and have been ever since they went PLC.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Cybertroll
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cybertroll »

I completely agree with Wildanimal:

BB6.0? We take it personal!

NightDragon 2
Star Player
Star Player

Post by NightDragon 2 »

I don't use paypal or credit card either online. I only buy minis from companies that take the money straight from my account and I am pretty sure that this covers all the major fantasy companies, certainly Impact!, Tritex etc

Purity Through Pain!
NUFFLE SUCKS!!
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor!
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Wylder wrote:
tchatter wrote:I haven't uploaded my version to anyone and don't intend to unless the community at large gives up on GW doing it for us. It's not fair to Galak to do anything other than what he's asked us to.
Yeah i am in the same boat. Instead of using a pencil to make my changes I used my pdf editor. I haven't given up on GW completely but the longer they wait the more "unofficial" LRB6.0's there will be online. It just shows that there is a demand for Blood Bowl whether GW realizes it or not. If they were smart they would capitalize on that fact.

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

I cannot work out if they are the smartest people I know or the stupidest. It could be said that they are throwing a market away, alternatively they are just playing to their core audiences who are 14/16 and will move on, no need to keep them happy cos in 3 years they are gone, just give them an uber army to whop their friends with.

The core audience spends 200 quid paints half of the figures it buys and moves on to girls and cars.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.