Khemri Playbook

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

pflaume
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pflaume »

I want to start Khemri.
What you think how my development must be?

i wanted to start with:
3 Mummies 330k
2 Blitz-Ra 180k
7 Skeletons 210k

4rr 280k
=1000k

You think it would work?

Greets Robert
(sorry for my bad english)

Reason: ''
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

You have no fan factor so that's an illegal list. Drop a re-roll an 2 skellies and buy 2 fan factor and a 4th mummy instead.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

ok guys .. thread back into tournaments ..

won the Tulips with the proposed team (4 mummies, blitzra, 3 RR's and skellies)

did take kick though (2 random skills after each match) and did never regret it .. it gave me at least one extra turn of bashing before the ball came even close to the EZ ..

was pretty lucky with pick ups but still .. 4 mummies ROCK !

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Dave wrote: did take kick though (2 random skills after each match) and did never regret it .. it gave me at least one extra turn of bashing before the ball came even close to the EZ ..
Interesting, I'll have to give it a try! And congrats!

btw, I don't think you took sure hands, didn't you have trouble with strip balling opponents?

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Interesting roster, never thought that Khemri could be successful without sure hands thro-ra but then people said I'm crazy bc I play Delfs without Witchelves.

Kick is amazing, I don't exagerate when I say that it won a toruney for me too.

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

TuernRedvenom wrote:btw, I don't think you took sure hands, didn't you have trouble with strip balling opponents?
nope .. I lost the ball only once after a break tackle blitzing ogre ..

there wasn't much strip ball around I suppose, random skills usually mean a load of skills on guys who normally wouldn't get one AND you could get doubles, ag+ etc as well ..

I turned down 3 MA+ before I took it on the blitz ra .. pity it wasn't double 5 .. he'd have had dodge then ..

gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

Dave wrote:ok guys .. thread back into tournaments ..

won the Tulips with the proposed team (4 mummies, blitzra, 3 RR's and skellies)
and the khemri madness continues to spread!!!

NFL: Praise NUFFLE!!!

Ronin Nuffle Lover.....Want a piece of me?

Werewolf Gambler

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,gken1,white,blue.png[/img][/url]
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

thanks master ;-)

prisma
Experienced
Experienced

Post by prisma »

Yes, the khemri madness spreads.

After dominating a league with woodelves a lot of coaches shocked by my teams performance (20 games, 18 wins, 2 draws) blamed their losses on the high speed and AG of my beloved woodies.
That's why I wanted to proove my abilities with another team: Khemri. They are just the radical opposite of w'elves, and they are damn cool.
I started the team and I ... lost. One, two, three games. Then the first draw. And a second one. And now: 4 wins in a row !
Khemri is a team you have to get used to.
Forget about reacting fastly to your opponents actions - instead, see ahead: what will happen the next turn ? and the turn thereafter ?
I have a lot of fun with this team: its' a real challenge. You can win, but it takes skill.
(...and while you learn how to play them, you can enjoy seeing your opposition getting ripped apart)

After what I have seen, starting formations (especially after kicking) are crucial, especially where to put your four mummies.
I don't like to put them on the line, even with block / guard / ST5 they are likely to get blocked and prone (at least !) and can't help me defending the opposition. Instead, I put three scellies on the LOS.
But where to put the mummies ?
One in each wide zone ? Then the opponent will choose one of that widezones and it will take ages till your mummy makes it from one side of the pitch to the other.
All four in the middle and only a scelli and a blitz-rha in the widezones ? That makes them pretty weak.

So what have you experienced as useful formations ? Where do you place your mummies ?

matkov
Experienced
Experienced

Post by matkov »

Hi, I just wanted to start thread about Khemry defence. Here is what I used against human team (just str 3 players no dauntless). (my TR 103 - no skills)

|____|S__S__S|____|
|____|_______|____|
|_M__|M_____M|__M_|
|_S__|___S___|__S_|
|____|___B___|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|

S-skeleton
M-mumie
B- Blitz Ra
I don't have 2 Blitz Ra so far.

This setup has very weak LOS. I know, but that players get hurt too often so I decide to throw expentable skeletons there. Any blocking player is in the range of blitzing mumie with help of skelies 3 dice is no problem to get. With 3 dice blitz even unskilled mumie have 15,47% of KO human blitzer.

Depending on what hapened to your LOS skelies your opponent can choose to:
1) blitz gap by moving(knocking) your middle mumie with 1 dice block. (requires 3 players at least - 1 blocks skelie 2 assist with blocking mumie).
2) blitz your middle skelie on 4th line (just 2 players used), but than he will be forced to dodge around your Blitz Ra (I think even if he forms cage it will cost hiim 1 reroll, or cage will not be complete).
3) Not to move so far.

In the 1,2 scenario there is descent chance that your opponent will use 1 reroll and still will be in the reach of your Blitz Ra. (If you want to stop him - I'm trying tactics force him to score and ein 2:1, or take him the ball and win 2:0).

In the third scenario Mumies are close enough to gang around his cage (ussually in the middle).

I think about using this setup also against amazon and skaven withou rat ogre.

my 2 cents

Tante Kaethe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Tante Kaethe »

I'm not a Khemri-player but for my Undead also do not put the mummies on the LOS - it's the Zombies who have to take the beating.

I like matkov's setup, but I would move the mummies one square closer to the LOS, behind the Skellies. So your opponent has to think twice about following up on your Skellies because he will be blocked by the mummies in your turn 8) :

Cheers,

Tante Käthe.

matkov
Experienced
Experienced

Post by matkov »

Yes, I have that in my mind, but as base setup I choosed this one, because if Quick snap is rolled then mumies can be blocked. And also if last line is moved 1 sqaure closer running catchers can go too far for my blitz Ra.

I move them closer after I get rid of some opponent players and I have better strength advantage ;).

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

My setup often changes depending on opponent and players. Against skaven I often leave them a corridor open so they can score easily, and quickly. But I always set up mummies 2-3 squares from the LoS. I like Matkov's setup but I keep my skellies closer to my mummies so they are harder to tie up with fodder like zombies (skellie can push fodder so mummy is free).

matkov
Experienced
Experienced

Post by matkov »

TuernRedvenom wrote:My setup often changes depending on opponent and players. Against skaven I often leave them a corridor open so they can score easily, and quickly. But I always set up mummies 2-3 squares from the LoS. I like Matkov's setup but I keep my skellies closer to my mummies so they are harder to tie up with fodder like zombies (skellie can push fodder so mummy is free).
Can you present your setup, I like to learn something. You have much more experiences with khemry than me (I played just 3 games so far) .

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

I use something like this against slow, bashy teams, this almost garantuees you the two central mummies can move to react to the play (unless he puts a lot of TZ's on them which isn't bad either as you'll be tying up a lot of his guys that way). Mummies are kept rather centrally but can still react to a move towards the side:

|____|S__S__S|____|
|____|_______|____|
|___M|_MS_SM_|M___|
|___B|_______|B____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|

Against agile teams trying to stop them from scoring (instead of giving them an easy score). You are deliberately leaving your centre vulnerable. If they make their play through the centre your sides can fold back and try to surround them (fastest players furthest to the side) while your mummies close the trap. Even if they have your mummies marked then through follow ups they can probably still get in a favourable position to close the trap (or at least beat the snot out of their markers, marking 4 mummies will hurt as most agile teams don't have zombie-like fodder).
|____|S__S__S|____|
|____|_______|____|
|_S__|M_____M|__S_|
|_B__|M_____M|__B_|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|