Khemri Playbook

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

matkov
Experienced
Experienced

Post by matkov »

Worked well I've got perfect defence 2 times :lol: . Seriously I won 2:0 but also with help of perfect defence when my skaven opponent was not able to bash mumies becasue he setup offence close to LOS and I used mumies to bind his players. So this setup is not tested very much. Also unsucessfull dodge, ... If someone like this setup please test it I play chaos next so I will not use this setup next game. (because of mino)

Reason: ''
Bizzy
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bizzy »

My main problem is people beating my skeletons. Usually they leave my mummies alone until they get a 1 die block or even 2 their choice (which is VERY rare), but the skeleton mash is done early on. I played Welves and they had 4 casualities on me 2 skeletons didn't regen 2 did. Then they knocked out my only blitz-ra, and 2 more skeletons. I had 4 Mummies, and a skeleton on the pitch. Granted he had 1 Wardancer, and 3 lineelves, but we all know that elves have an easier time scoring. I only lost 1-0, but picked up no skills.

My set up was good to the point where my guys protected each other and he usually had to blitz in to get me out. So I beat up on him.

But how am I supposed to score when they take out all of my AG2 players?

Also, a skeleton picked up an MVP next game I will try and either score with him or at least get him that 1 more point. Going on assumption that I don't roll a stat increase or a double what should I give him? Dirty Player, or Block?

Cephme
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Cephme »

Ok guys so I played khemri and learned a lot last season. My team ended up like this.

http://dpbbl.servegame.com/team_view.php?team_id=24

We are about to start our preseason again in which I can play 5 games that do not count toward record. I am thinking of starting a new team and it might be simply a reloaded Khemri team. Our league format is 5 preseason games for new teams (in a one day tourney oof da), 8 regular season games, an all star game, and 3 weeks of play offs. What would you suggest I change for this year? Last year even with 1 FF I found I had gobs of cash (took ramtut the last three games). Would dropping a Blitz-ra to get up to more normal FF be called for? How do you deal with getting fireballed? (Lost two games do to fireball and one due to pouring rain and some very lucky gobos). I for sure did not foul enough last season and that IS going to change. :evil: Likewise the Hail mary punter seems like a fun idea to me. Thoughts.

PS my team is almost fully painted (my mummies did not arrive from mail order until the end of last season). They look spectaular and I will post pics of them once they are done.

Current Thinking on roster
4 Mummies
1 Blitzra
1 Throw ra
6 Skeletons
3 RR
1 FF

OR

4 Mummies
1 Blitzra
6 Skeletons
4 RR
1 FF

matkov
Experienced
Experienced

Post by matkov »

Maybe I'm tooo goood for our environment, but I have 5-1-0 (w-d-l) so far at our league. We have 11 games (12 coaches playing each other) and play off (first 8). I started with:
4 mumies
1 blitz ra
6 skeletons
3 RR
8 FF

I took high FF not jest because of winnings, but mainly because of kick offs.

My team now:
mummie +MA, block
mummie block (14 spp)
mummie (4spp)
mummie block
blitz Ra +MA (15spp)
blitz Ra sure hands
skeleton +MA, guard
skeleton DP
skeleton (5 spp)
thro Ra
skeleton
skeleton
skeleton
11 FF, 60k gp

My main strategy is to surround enemy linemans and get rid of them, than there are not enough players to attack my skeletons.

Cephme
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Cephme »

matkov wrote:I started with:
4 mumies
1 blitz ra
6 skeletons
3 RR
8 FF

I took high FF not jest because of winnings, but mainly because of kick offs.
I thought of that too since I got burned on some kick offs last season. Basically the question is RR, FF, or Throw-ra with the last 70k. Do you find you have insane amounts of cash on hand? Just wondering

matkov
Experienced
Experienced

Post by matkov »

Not so far, because I bought new skeleton to replace death one, blitz ra, reroll and thro ra, but from now I will have all of my cash spare, becuse 3 RR are enough to me - now I spend my 4th RR on pick up the ball, passing :o (really I pass now for XP) or for not important blocks just to inflict more casualities. So FF is mainly just for kick offs. I think about hiring ramut against every bashy team and in every playoff round thats how I want to spend them.

btw. get the ref is my favourite kick off ;)

Cephme
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Cephme »

Yeah I think the FF might be worth it simply for GTR. 2d6-1 vs 2d6-8 is a big differnece, and for Khemri GTR is the $hit! It is really important now that they changed GTR back to the old rule. Last season we played with the both teams rule so it was not as big a dea. Now it is. Think I will copy your list. Do ya mind? :wink:

Cephme
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Cephme »

I just won my first game at fumbbl with that list 1-0..... conceded at the half when he could only field 4 guys. Woot!

matkov
Experienced
Experienced

Post by matkov »

Cephme wrote:Yeah I think the FF might be worth it simply for GTR. 2d6-1 vs 2d6-8 is a big differnece, and for Khemri GTR is the $hit! It is really important now that they changed GTR back to the old rule. Last season we played with the both teams rule so it was not as big a dea. Now it is. Think I will copy your list. Do ya mind? :wink:
I wish you many victories with it :).

matkov
Experienced
Experienced

Post by matkov »

Hi all,

I've lost my first match with khemry in our league today :cry:, with dark elf team. But I've got experience very good distributed and 3 of my players gain new level.

my team:

mummie (19spp) block, +MA
mummie (19spp): block, rolled (6,3) - multiply block ??
mummie (4spp)
mummie (9spp) block
blitz RA:(18spp) +MA, rolled (5,5) now - frenzy ??
blitz Ra: (7spp) sure hands
skeleton: (17spp) +MA, guard
skeleton: (6spp) Dirty player
skeleton: (7spp) rolled (5,6) - dirty player, strip ball ??
thro ra (0spp)
skeleton (0spp)
skeleton (0spp)
skeleton (0spp)

4 RR, 10 FF, 140k cash, 1 asistant coach

There will be just 4 matches before play off I do not expect many level ups in my team and I REALLY miss tackle and strip ball players. I do not miss +AG, not really on weak skeleton, also I'm not sure if I need one fast guy (with MA 8) as I play for 2 TD with unexperieced player each game. I will stand against necromatic, undead, skaven and human team in that order.

I ask for good sugestions about skills for my players. Thanks a lot.

Edit: added spp to each player.

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

guard on the mummy, DODGE !!!! on the blitz ra, AG on the skellie

cherish the blodge !!
and love the AG+ ... 3+ pick up instead of 4+ ...

matkov
Experienced
Experienced

Post by matkov »

Dave wrote:guard on the mummy, DODGE !!!! on the blitz ra, AG on the skellie

cherish the blodge !!
and love the AG+ ... 3+ pick up instead of 4+ ...
Main problem is, that there will be just 4 round before play off and than new league with new teams will start. That's why it is so hard to decide for me. I also do not know if AG 3 skeleton without block, dodge or sure hanfds is so good for me and if I will play to level him up, I will not have any tackle or stip ball in my team.

Cephme
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Cephme »

I personally prefer stand firm on the blitz ra. Means you can run down sidelines with out ever being knocked in to the stands and you can never fail a dodge (though you will not move). Also prevents a lot of chain blocking against you and allows you to maintain your position for your turn possibly greatly assisting other players or getting a chance to hit back with simply a block. Great overal choice IMHO.

PS my fumbbl team is now at 3 wins 1 tie and 0 losses with 5 Touchdowns (5 for 2 against) and 17 casualties (17 for 6 against.... only lost one skele to death that did not regen... bought him back after the game). My roster now is 4 Mummies, 2 Blitz-ras, 8 Skeles and a Throw-ra (to be developed as punter/kicker/hail mary). All the rest of my money, for now, will be going to the emergency mummy reserve fund (just in case one dies some how) and for extra rerolls. On fumbbl I do not see much need for Ramtut as their are few "must win" games.

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Definately guard on the mummy.
The doubles on the blitz ra is interesting. I wouldn't take dodge, it is a very good skill on your ball handler, but your other blitz-ra is the one with sure hands so... I would choose between Stand Firm or Frenzy, whichever fits your playing style more. If you play conservative take Stand Firm, if you like the odd risk take frenzy. Both skills are great IMO.
+AG is fun. But the best choice would be dirty player. You'll need at the very least 2.
Don't worry about not having strip ball. It's a great skill on mobile players like wardancers or AG 3+ blitzer types but it isn't that great on any khemri player because they can't dodge.
Tackle is a must have skill only once the elven teams start loading up on blodge which is usually around TR 180+. Untill then 3-die blocks should be enough to take down the odd blodger.
The only thing I find "odd" about your team is that you only have 13 players. 2 extra skeletons only sets you back 60k and gives you more fodder to foul with.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
matkov
Experienced
Experienced

Post by matkov »

I have 140k cash so no problem to have more players, maybe I should try to foul more than I do, also I keep my money to freebot Ramut against my brother (he is best coach at our league and he is playing undead this league).

I will go guard, frenzy and dirty player as I really like frenzy (I've played norse before).

Also I will buy one more thro ra (I start to like them), because they need just 1 level to be quite usefull (I hate their price - they need something more for it I would prefer +1AV)

To tackle - there are some blodge at every team (werewolves, ghouls, gutter runners, witch elves, catchers) but this could wait I think.

Thanks for suggestions.