Khemri Playbook

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

El Condor
Presumed extinct

Post by El Condor »

yeap, that's true and what about the edited version. :D

Reason: ''
No 1 can beat me!
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

El Condor wrote:yeap, that's true and what about the edited version. :D
It's not my setup so I can't comment. I would like to know how you would take on my 3-4-4 on the previous page though, as that one is specific vs agility teams. (and of course leap can ruin any defence, not much anyone can do about that)
And if the defence forces a quick td that's not bad either.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

El Condor wrote:And how are all these tactics protect you against a player(-s) with leap?
let the silly elves score....then beat on them for 17 straight turns :)

NFL: Praise NUFFLE!!!

Ronin Nuffle Lover.....Want a piece of me?

Werewolf Gambler

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,gken1,white,blue.png[/img][/url]
El Condor
Presumed extinct

Post by El Condor »

Knowing that your opponent wants you to score quickly is for a skilled player a giveaway. He should wait till the last turn to score making it the opponent very hard to figure out how to come close to the ball. and stay away from enemy players. If the defensive player is coming after him then more than likely gaps will be created in his defensive line through which the attacking player can pour some of his players. Remember Khemri are rather slow compared to agility teams If the receiving player stays away from his opponent. his opponent can wait out his time or can try to get hold of the ball and why shouldn't he? But altogether it will take time and it even gives perhaps the receiving player the opportunity to knock down some isolated enemy players. That also counts for the defensive player offcourse...But the bottomline is that it will screw up the tactic of the Khemri-player.

NB: when an agility-coach wins the toss he should let the Khemri-player receive first. There is always a change that you can get hold on the ball or that you prevent him from scoring. If he scores it's more than likely that you make the equalizer in the second half but than the question pops up do you go for a win or a tie.....

No 1 can beat me!
el sid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el sid »

TuernRedvenom wrote: I would like to know how you would take on my 3-4-4 on the previous page though, as that one is specific vs agility teams.
I remember a thread in which I asked for some advice for my Skaven against Tuern's killer Khemri.

In the end, I won this game 3-1, losing only 2 Linerats which were killed by the Mummies on the LoS (not much you can do about this, is there?).

Tuern used exactly the same kicking setup. My intial plan was:
- to beat the crap out of the three LoS Skellies
- recover the ball in my backfield
- wait for the Khemrians to approach my players
- outrun the Khemry players and score

My initial plan was quickly forgotten as the setup mentioned by Tuern allows for a quick central break-through using Skaven and some going-for-its. So I scored in Turn 2.

However, I also scored 2 times while kicking! My Kick Linerat placed the ball deep, Tuern had some bad luck on his AG2 ball retreival rolls and my Gutter Runners were able to scramble the ball two times!

I think this covers the main weakness of Khemri against fast teams: Having only AG2 ball-handlers, the chances are not that low a Khemri team will not be able to quickly secure the ball. Properly positioned runners from the opposition can strike at moments like these and score in two turns.

Khemri teams should take care not only to cover their wide zones on defense, but also on offense!

What the hell am I doing? A Skaven coach helping out the Khemri Nemesis! I'd better get back into my tred-mill...

El Sid

El Condor
Presumed extinct

Post by El Condor »

TuernRedvenom wrote:
I would like to know how you would take on my 3-4-4 on the previous page though, as that one is specific vs agility teams.
Your set-up is beatable, that's all I say. You wont see me giving away my tactics :wink:

No 1 can beat me!
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

gken1 wrote:let the silly elves score....then beat on them for 17 straight turns :)
Ken's secret khemri strategy revealed. Have 9 turn halves :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

El Condor wrote:TuernRedvenom wrote:
I would like to know how you would take on my 3-4-4 on the previous page though, as that one is specific vs agility teams.
Your set-up is beatable, that's all I say. You wont see me giving away my tactics :wink:
of course it's beatable, but it will probably hurt you while beating it :lol:

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

ianwilliams wrote:
gken1 wrote:let the silly elves score....then beat on them for 17 straight turns :)
Ken's secret khemri strategy revealed. Have 9 turn halves :lol: :lol: :lol:
well crap...meant 15 turns. but khemri can force OT pretty easily and beat on opponent more....so I COULD beat on him for 17 straight turns as they win on turn 3 of OT :)

NFL: Praise NUFFLE!!!

Ronin Nuffle Lover.....Want a piece of me?

Werewolf Gambler

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,gken1,white,blue.png[/img][/url]
Ravage
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ravage »

ianwilliams wrote:Ken's secret khemri strategy revealed. Have 9 turn halves :lol: :lol: :lol:
that just made me lol at my desk here at work. thanks ian ;)

prisma
Experienced
Experienced

Post by prisma »

:D fine.

...but back to _16_ turns and Khemri tactics.

Another set-up I found useful is the following. I used it against a skaven team in the second half (I lost the coin and received in the first half . my opponent knew that I would have preferred to kick). The Ratogre was knocked out. I searched for a formation that allowed me to put the mummies on the line, because against skaven I think it doesn't make that much sense to hold them in your backfield as against other teams - you probably won't engage those gutterrunners anyway, they're far to fast. And with no strong opposing players I saw no reason why my scellies should get pounded and probably knocked-out or worse if I could field a ST5-wall. The main weakness is a not-so strong sideline. On the ohter hand, I have 2 BlitzRhas and a scelli to react.

|____|MM___MM|____|
|__S_|_______|_S__|
|_S__|___S___|__S_|
|____|__B_B__|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|

LIZARDMEN
Okay, we discussed how to set up against fast teams and how to set up against strong.
Well - but what about opponents who are fast AND strong ? More clearly: I have problems setting up against lizards.
Either I allow them to outrun me, or to bash my line. It's kind of dilemma.
(I'm not talking about the general tactic of fastly reducing the numbers of skinks on the pitch - I just ask for defensive set-up formations.)

Same on offence. 1 krox + 6 saurus = 7 big bad boys, 3 more than my mummies. If I don't tie the saurus up, they blitz into my cage and cause a lot of havoc there. If I tie them up with my scellies, the scellies are quickly removed from the pitch. What did you experience as a working strategy ??[/b]

prisma
Experienced
Experienced

Post by prisma »

Noone ??

matkov
Experienced
Experienced

Post by matkov »

Some comment to your setup. Positioning mumies on LOS against skaven is interesting idea. But your setup has some weakness.

1) quick snap - this totaly ruins your defence by destroying sideline skeletons.
2) Even without quick snap there is good chance to push both mumies away and blitz sideline skeleton, leaving free path for runners.

Also if your mumie gets hurt it will be real pain for the rest of match. I think I will prefer some setup with skeletons on LOS. They get hurt but after TD I replace them so no problem.

I played just my first game against lizardmen (TR 100 both), so cann't help you much. I think I will leave skeletons at LOS counting that they get knocked and trying to make defence at third line as my setup some posts before shows. Than surround some Saurus with mumies and skeletons and win because of greater strength. Forcing him to score fast and win 2:1.

matkov
Experienced
Experienced

Post by matkov »

I've (tr 134) played league game against skaven (tr 150) yesterday and I used this setup:

|____|S__S__S|____|
|____|_______|____|
|_M__|M__S__M|__M_|
|_B__|___S___|__B_|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|

With both middle mumies with block, becasu I consider that as weak point in defence. last skeleton is dirty player, middle has MA6. Front are skilless ones. With leaping opponent my blitz Ra are close enough to chase him. I think that there is reasonable good chance that mumie will not go down (either because of 1 dice block with storm vcermin or because of no reroll block with rat ogre) which makes defence quite stable and runners require 1-2 dodges or it leaves just small gap with ogre in hands of my mumies and forces opponent to fast TD.

Feel free to comment.

Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

well, how did it work (you said you used it yesterday...)?

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]