Khemri Playbook

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

El Condor
Presumed extinct

Post by El Condor »

You shpuld not give away your teamtactics that easily TuernRedvenom with the Lowland Border Brawl so close by. Remember you're being watched 24 hours a day.... :wink:

Reason: ''
No 1 can beat me!
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

El Condor wrote:You shpuld not give away your teamtactics that easily TuernRedvenom with the Lowland Border Brawl so close by. Remember you're being watched 24 hours a day.... :wink:
Maybe this is all just a distraction... :P

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
El Condor
Presumed extinct

Post by El Condor »

Nice try but you don't fool me. :D

No 1 can beat me!
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Doesn't really matter, Khemri suck at 120 TR anyway and the day before is Mazel Kermis, THE event of the year in my village, so I'll probably show up with a hangover. But even that won't matter because I'm sure my team-mates will pick up the slack and we will beat you dutchies! :lol: :wink:

El Condor
Presumed extinct

Post by El Condor »

Hmm...why am I not convinced. :lol:

No 1 can beat me!
el sid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el sid »

TuernRedvenom wrote:But even that won't matter because I'm sure my team-mates will pick up the slack and we will beat you dutchies! :lol: :wink:
Did I ever mention how much a Dutch team resembles a big chunk of smelly cheese sprayed with warpstone dust to a Skaven? Probably not, but I'm sure my Dutch opponents will find out 6th of August!

To the Skaven mind, "Dutch teams" equals "munchies"!

Here's my strategy: "Must score." Try to counter that.

El Sid

El Condor
Presumed extinct

Post by El Condor »

You don't know with whom you're playing with poor fellow but you will learn it very soon at the 6th of august. :wink:

No 1 can beat me!
prisma
Experienced
Experienced

Post by prisma »

Okay, back to the dicussion of formations.

Matkov, you presented a fine one. I would place the mummies in the middle one square nearer the los, that means getting some blocks probably. And I would place the scellies in the widezones IN FRONT of the mummies, not behind them. Why ? well, if they got knocked down (1-d block or a blitzing big guy) all you have to respond next turn is a lonely scelly. If you place the scelly to receive the blitz you will be able to block with your mummy next turn.

TuernRedvenom, regarding you setup against bashers: again I would place all mummies (and only the mummies, not the scellies) one square nearer to the los. I usually take the risc of a misery if a 'quicksnap' is rolled (5 in 36 times) if a I gain more bashing 31 out of 36 times.
Apart from that I like that setup.

Well, the biggest problems I had was when facing teams that could field a ST5 player with frenzy (especially a Mino). Why ? Because he's so likely to blitz and knock down one if my mummies, ruining my defence.
Against Norse I usually try to stop them from scoring (instead of forcing them to score quickly). But I cannot hold the widezones because of that Mino (I don't want to risc a mummy pushed off the pitch).
I wonder wether this one would work:

|____|S__S__S|____|
|____|M_____M|____|
|__M_|___B___|_M__|
|_S__|___B___|__S_|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|

The problem remains: I cannot hold the sidelines. At least the two BlitzRhas should give me some potential to react.

Any better ideas ?

Gorbad
Disco Purist

Post by Gorbad »

El Condor wrote:You don't know with whom you're playing with poor fellow but you will learn it very soon at the 6th of august. :wink:
Egads.... two cheese-crazed skaven, both with Spanish/Hispanic delusions battling it out... El condor faces off El sid.

Keep a leash on the coffee consumption for all the others ;)

El Condor
Presumed extinct

Post by El Condor »

Yeap, it's to much of an coicidence, I can only hope we will have enough supply fot the both of us. :lol:

No 1 can beat me!
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Placing mummies 1 square from LoS. I don't do it because that makes it easy on your opponent. Sure you get extra blocks, but those aren't the ones you want (otherwise your opponent wouldn't follow up now would he?). What I mean is eg a dwarf coach will gladly sacrifice a long beard to keep a mummy occupied. With your setup he can hit two birds with 1 stone: block down a skellie on the los and immediately keep a mummy occupied by following up after the block. With my setup he can't do both, he needs to commit a seperate player to mark the mummy.

el sid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el sid »

Gorbad wrote: Egads.... two cheese-crazed skaven, both with Spanish/Hispanic delusions battling it out... El condor faces off El sid.
Too bad for El condor there can be only one... We'll have to find a way to settle this matter the 6th of August. Not a problem: If we're both as good as we're saying, both of us should end up on table one!

Behave yourself on Flemish territory and I MIGHT be willing to learn you some Skaven tricks... 8)

El Sid

prisma
Experienced
Experienced

Post by prisma »

TuernRedvenom wrote:Placing mummies 1 square from LoS. I don't do it because that makes it easy on your opponent. Sure you get extra blocks, but those aren't the ones you want (otherwise your opponent wouldn't follow up now would he?).
You're right.
Nothing else to say. :lol:

Oh, and yet another formation: a deep one, if you try to avoid being surrounded ...
It's 'frenzy-safe' (no pushes off the pitch) and the BlitzRhas are positioned in the middle, which I find important because they are those players I use to react to an opponent trying to run along the widezones.

|____|S__S__S|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|__M_|_MB_BM_|_M__|
|_S__|_______|__S_|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|
|____|_______|____|

El Condor
Presumed extinct

Post by El Condor »

And how are all these tactics protect you against a player(-s) with leap?
Your set-up is very strong but how well will it work against fast agility teams?
Cause the mummies on the side-line are blockable (with a 1 die block or even with a 2 die block) and when they go down or are pushed aside there is a gap where players with dodge or AG 4 can pour through allthough they still they have to make a dodge-roll). If your opponent is sensible he will position a few players with tacklezones to prevent any interfering from the middle and the other side besides and behind your defensive line. The skellie behind the mummy will be pinned by another player so your opponent has a safe way of creating a hole in your defensive line, that also counts for the mummy if he didn't went down.
You need some kind of sweeper in your backyard to prevent him from scoring or you can let them score fast and play then your specific khemri-tactic, taking the opposition out in your own time.

No 1 can beat me!
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

El Condor wrote:And how are all these tactics protect you against a player(-s) with leap?
blitz->pow->foul->problem solved :P