Talk BB Painting Contest Voting!

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Vote for your favourite Miniature!

Poll ended at Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:50 pm

Woody - Shaftsplitter Grim of the Underworld Creepers
45%
Longfang - Chaos All-Star Player
24%
DaImp - Bunny Linechick
5%
Keeper Valdric - Grim Ironjaw
12%
Lahatiel - Witch Elf
No votes
SBG - Chaos Dwarf
7%
Thadrin - Deathroller
No votes
Lucien Swift - Khemri Mummy
7%

Total votes: 42

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Well, it seems the poll is a "fight" between 2 people (I won't give names in order to not disturb votes). There are more than 200 TTBMerbers... Vote, vote, vote !!!

Reason: ''
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Man I sooooooooo want to paint a Khemri team.

Sorry Thads but I gotta see those Longbeards pleeeeeeease. I promise not to laugh. Tel you what, wait until I've had a big old bong in the Dam, then show me, I'll buy you as many beers as you want. :wink:

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Lahatiel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lahatiel »

GenoNBBL wrote:Damn you all! That's some really nice painting there guys, well done one and all.

Maybe by next time Karegon will have his new camera and I can get some decent pics up, my current team (The Darkside Cowboys) are my best paint jobs yet (4-5 hours per mini).

Is there going to be a 'next time'?
I say we should do this quarterly. Say, March-June-September-December? I think that would be often enough to relive the fun, but not often enough for it to go stale. Plus with a fairly set schedule, there should be fewer excuses from people (myself at the top of the list!!)... see, I procrastinated and waited 'til the last minute. When the last minute came around, though, I was working 12 hour days, 6 days a week. So I could only toss up a pic that everyone here already saw several months back. Well, since then my painting's improved, and so has my camera (got a new one). So I know I, for one, definitely want a chance to redeem myself.

Of course, I'm not going to kid myself... I may have improved since painting that WE, but I know I'm still not as good as some of you others up there. Great jobs, everybody! :)

lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

Wow. I have painting envy. :lol: Everyone of the figs were very well done. Wish I had the talent. My figs don't look too bad, but they don't look like many of these. I guess I just don't have the patience. Perhaps I should find it! I got a kick out of the line chick, I think if I were to play a team painted up like that I would probably commit a few illegal procedure penalties from laughing. And I've laughed so hard I hurt because of the Santa Clause references. Good stuff!

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I don't think the LBs are quite so Santa-ish....I've never seen a Santa with Chainmail for one thing...but never fear! Guess what team I'll have with me to Amsterdam.
(39 minis, with a gang of cheerleaders to be added if I ever get around to stripping the utterly disgraceful paintjobs from about ten years ago. They look like Picasso paintings.)

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Very Good

Post by NightDragon »

I thought they were all very good, it takes a lot of guts to put your own miniatures in the gaze of the public. It was very hard to choose between a number of entries, but I eventually opted for the flea pit(rat scum), because I really liked the colour scheme. DD.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Sneak peak of LF's 2nd Chaos All-Star. That's going to be one mightily impressive team!

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Congrats to you all...IMO the 2 with the most votes are both deserving of winning. Well done.

Makes my painting look like I'm using a roller!

Dave

DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

I think there are 3 miniatures that are in a class ubove the rest, 2 of which are very close in standard and are hard to seperate.
I agree that there should also be a ranked voting system - either 1st / 2nd/ 3rd or a value attached to every entry (my prefered method) -say a rating out of 5.
Photography clearly plays an important part in showing the miniatures, but there is no way around that, so it is just up to every entrant to do the best job possible.
Hopefully the 2nd edition will have alot more entries as well :)

I wouls love to see the full teams painted to the standard shown, that will make for alot of well painted teams to play against.

Jonathan Merry
Da Leeg Commissioner, Shaka Shield and SA Open Organiser
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Photographing figs is fairly hard to get right as it's down to getting the lighting right. Mine and DW's figs are scanned which is cheap and quick to do with resonable results.

I would like to have a better look at KV's grim iron jaw, neat lines, adventurous use of colours and attention to detail (like the missing tooth).
Almost a touch of Slaneesh to him, or is he a Rocky Horror Picture Show fan? The more I look at it the more he grows on me!

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Agreed! He's cool. I wouldn't have thought of green, but it works really well. Good job!

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

Deathwing wrote:Agreed! He's cool. I wouldn't have thought of green, but it works really well. Good job!
It's a good green too, not an X-Mas green, or the team would look like a bunch of dwarven santas... oh... uh.. pretend I didn't say that.

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

It's a good green too, not an X-Mas green, or the team would look like a bunch of dwarven santas... oh... uh.. pretend I didn't say that.
Yeah, but under the light, it seems a little bit blue... Don't you find ? Something like smurfs....

Gandalf, Ouais, ouais, ouais !!!

DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

the second chaos warrior is even better than the first chaos warrior Longfang entered...
very cool

Jonathan Merry
Da Leeg Commissioner, Shaka Shield and SA Open Organiser
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Ok we have 301 members, get voting you lot! The URL for the gallery is http://www.tbbf.org/talkbb/frameset.htm

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/