LRB 6.0

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Garscow
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Garscow »

Would this impact manufacturers advertising minis in this forum?

If a company's producing a mini for FF and it would be suitable as a star player, would they be able to post in the Fantasy Football Miniatures forum? Or would it have to be kept to the Other Miniatures section?

I'm guessing this is where wording becomes important. Avoiding key words and phrases. ;-)

Reason: ''
frogbear
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by frogbear »

An alternate ruleset for a FF game would alleviate all these problems.

Has anyone got a non copyrighted basic one lying around?

Roll a D6. Highest wins. Yay!

*Beside Myself with Grief*
Hudson
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Hudson »

frogbear wrote:An alternate ruleset for a FF game would alleviate all these problems.

Has anyone got a non copyrighted basic one lying around?

Roll a D6. Highest wins. Yay!
unless your geoff then no matter what you roll, you lose. :D

Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 09 with 24
Most Casualties @ PK&Q 09 with 21
Most Casualties @ GT 09 with 28
Most Casualties @ Poo Bowl 11 with 28
Most Casualties @ ARRBL 13 with 30
purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

Good news on the LRB being finalised. Also good news that Granny is worried about all the other manufacturers.

Not so good about their childish behaviour and threats. If they had only done more to support the game then they wouldn't have as much worry about. My disliking of Granny increases by the day :pissed:

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
Geoff Watson
Experienced
Experienced

Re: LRB 6.0 approved by Jervis (sorta)

Post by Geoff Watson »

Anglachel wrote:
GalakStarscraper wrote: And now the caveat: ...
There is a saying in Spanish about "The dog of the gardener" that suddenly reminds me of Grandma Wendy...
The dog of the gardener is an annoying dog that doesn't eat and neither allows anyone else to eat. I wonder if there is a similar saying in English.
The English equivalent is "Dog in the manger."

Geoff.

Pitch Invader
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pitch Invader »

Garscow wrote:Would this impact manufacturers advertising minis in this forum?

If a company's producing a mini for FF and it would be suitable as a star player, would they be able to post in the Fantasy Football Miniatures forum? Or would it have to be kept to the Other Miniatures section?

I'm guessing this is where wording becomes important. Avoiding key words and phrases. ;-)
why would it affect showing minis in this forum? This is a generic fantasy football forum now. :wink: So any minis from any company for any game by any company- nothing specific, just intent in the eye of the beholder.. forum name isn't blood bowl specific anymore, so shouldn't be any confusion that any minis or discussion about them are specifically intended for Blood Bowl... just like GW wanted :P

purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

Lol! Granny has definetely shot themselves in the foot there :D

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I cant believe they dont make the new teams official. :cry:
Guess it's time for some house/tournament rules.

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

Is this all making the possibility of GW releasing a new box set more likely?

With an agreed set of rules nearing completion, GW being proactive in protecting their IP, the computer game doing well and the fact that Space Hulk sold like hot cakes, it makes me think it could be on the horizon. Maybe that would bring more support back to the game?

browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

So how exactly does this impact the khemri roster? Sorry Ive been out of the loop for a while and dont like the look of the khemri roster being used in the mbbl at all!

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

The Khemri roster now being used in the MBBL is official - Decay, 40K Skeletons etc.

Ridiculous (the skeleton positionals should at least have TS too, and the Blitz-Ra should not be 90K), but the BBRC tied their own hands a year ago so they had very little choice.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: LRB 6.0 approved by Jervis (sorta)

Post by Da_Great_MC »

GalakStarscraper wrote:.
So you still can't use Pass Block to get your player in a position where he can use his Disturbing Presence skill to influence either the Pass or Catch roll? A missed opportunity imo.

Never forget Bologna

- Da Great MC has Dutchies for breakfast -
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Joemanji wrote:The Khemri roster now being used in the MBBL is official - Decay, 40K Skeletons etc.

Ridiculous (the skeleton positionals should at least have TS too, and the Blitz-Ra should not be 90K), but the BBRC tied their own hands a year ago so they had very little choice.
Those Khemri are even more overpowered than Hooman Catchers - you're just a n00b. ;)

And by what measure is the Cyanide thing going well, hg? The horrible reviews? The slashing of it's price (was a thread elsewhere with a link to it at just over a tenner yesterday; a fall of 2/3 even before it comes out on all formats)? The poor tech support? Maybe they need a GTA style add on with Orcs running people over and shooting things...

Anyway, on topic - what will be will be now. The sooner GW pull their collective fingers out and get it made and all wrapped up, the sooner we can quit talking about it; this seems to have rumbled on for as long as I can remember!

The minis / new races thing is a bugger, but I guess it could be a point toward better things GW support wise. Not that I've any confidence in that, mind. Frankly, LRB6 being 'it' for a while and the IP scare campaign seems to me to smell of an excuse for GW to forget about BB properly as 'done and out there, let them make what they want from it - we're all done'. We'll see.

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

Wow.

This reminds me of a married couple, where the man doesn't talk to, much less show any love or affection to his wife, but he gets very jealous if any other man so much as winks at her. :roll:

Must say I am also upset by the price hike on the golems. That small adjustment made the worls of difference to the necros, allowing them the extra reroll that they so sorely need! Why? Why? Why?

Add me as a friend on Facebook: Spazz Fist
Add me as a friend on Xbox Live: Spazzfist
Anglachel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Anglachel »

To me, this looks so surreal that it reminds me of all those absurd and funny Monty Python sketches.

This one in particular goes something like this...

It's 3 in the morning and the phone rings, it's Grandma Wendy calling Mr. Fan...

Grandma Wendy (faking a gangster voice and failing miserably): You got a dog that is a Chow Chow, right?

Mr. Fan: uh? Yes.

Grandma Wendy: Well, I also have a Chow Chow.

Mr. Fan: So?

Grandma Wendy: Your neighbour must stop his daily oboe practice, failure to complain will mean that I will shave MY Chow Chow completely and it will look like an ugly, gross and hairless gremlim.

Mr. Fan (puzzled): So? My Chow Chow will remain the same. :o

-----

Now, exchange the Chow Chow for certain rules version, and we are all set.

Ok, maybe the joke is not funny, but my point is: has anyone noticed that Grandma Wendy is like the WORST blackmailer ever??

They let the community know the changes to the ruleset, (which is absolutely pointless, since the community designed those changes and know them by heart), and then they threat the community with mutilating that ruleset if someone else doesn't stop doing something, over which, by the way, the community doesn't have any power or control.

Seriously, Grandma Wendy must be the sister of Ronald McDonald. There is no other explanation.

Blitz harder, blitz faster.
I'm Fnord in the Spanish forum, the nick was already taken here :)