LRB 6.0

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Re: LRB 6.0

Post by purdindas »

This whole thing is a load of &@£#!!! How can they make you do their dirty work Tom?

It just gets worse and worse...

Reason: ''
Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

GalakStarscraper wrote:But I do wonder how legal that is to demand that I do the hunting.
It doesn't matter to GW. It is their modus operandi to bully the little guy with legal threats they in all likelihood couldn't back up. As you well know I'm sure. :wink: I really hope GW go bust. At this point, I don't see how it would hurt BB in the short to medium term. If there is a market for miniature games then someone will fill the gap, and BB can thrive off that new comminity.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

GalakStarscraper wrote:But I do wonder how legal that is to demand that I do the hunting.
I'm not a lawyer, but i'd say it is not legal. Because you are not the owner of the IP, you have no legal position on anybody violating the IP.

They can ask you to help limiting the distribution of the file by using your position in the community, but i don't think they can make you responsible for removing copies from the endless abyss called the internet. This would a bit like GW telling Cyanide/Focus to remove all pirated copies of the Blood Bowl game ...

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

Amen to that Joe.

I can understand their beef with Galak having his own business which produced mini's that could be used for star players in their games but the rest is just non-sense. The stuff about the rules just seems petty and spiteful. I hate GW and their core games. I hope they die. :pissed:

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
alternat wrote:by the way, I don't know if they are aware that they cannot clean up all the internet of every trace of everything... even if they can try.
I think they know they cannot ... so they give me that job in a legal letter. I'm willing to play ball because like I said to me the LRB 6.0 is the bigger picture here. But I do wonder how legal that is to demand that I do the hunting.

Galak

I think I would have laughed out loud. Then told them... go ahead... take me to court, I'll see ya there.

As long as you haven't distributed a pdf copy of the LRB6.0 that you created, there isn't a damn thing they can do. Please tell me you are ignoring them. Just because a pretty lawyer lady sends you a letter doesn't mean its legal. Also, they are across the pond. You also weren't compensated for your time. I'd send them a legal letter of my own and tell them to STFU.

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

You forget how bad Galak wants LRB 6 to be made official. I would be surprised if he works for GW for free agian, but this project must see the light of day. He's just got WAAAAY too much time invested in the projest to let it go south if he can help it.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Lychanthrope wrote:You forget how bad Galak wants LRB 6 to be made official. I would be surprised if he works for GW for free agian, but this project must see the light of day. He's just got WAAAAY too much time invested in the projest to let it go south if he can help it.
As you say my friend ... as you say. Or to quote the famous say .. "there's the rub."

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Lychanthrope wrote:I would be surprised if he works for GW for free agian.
Over the holidays/January I hope to pull together the Star Players background document. For me though this one is me working for the community to have this as a reference source ... more so than working for GW. However if they host it like we hope they would ... then it will be me working for them for free ... just something I have to deal with.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Wylder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Wylder »

tchatter wrote:That "draft" is missing some of the changes anyways.
What's it missing?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Right, let's get this straight.

Say I had a copy of LRB6 on our site (I don't, so that's one less website for you to check - only another few million to go). You ask me to remove it, and I say no. What happens next? Are you expected to send some psuedo-lawyer-sounding letter, or are you expected to send GW a letter along the lines of "these are the nasty websites that won't listen to me"?

What a joke! If they want to police the internet, let them do it - they at least have the legal standing to ask for the info to be removed - you don't.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

I think this whole thing is stupid and if GW supported Blood Bowl alot better then maybe they wouldn't have this problem now (I reckon GW should make a limited edition version of Blood Bowl the same way GW did for Space Hulk as an appology to every single BB fan who are keeping this game alive).

As for Galak, keep up the good work as you seem to be doing more to keep the Blood Bowl scene alive than GW are.

NightDragon 2
Star Player
Star Player

Post by NightDragon 2 »

I am with you Joe, I seriously hope GW go bust. They have behaved like scum for years and treated their customers like dirt. We don't need them anymore with some very good gaming companies out there who are connected to their customers because they are small. GW are now way to big for their own boots. They are so very different from the company that had one shop in Hammersmith that I used to go and buy minis from in 1979. Such a shame.

Purity Through Pain!
NUFFLE SUCKS!!
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor!
WildAnimal
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by WildAnimal »

I discovered GW games almost 20 years ago, First Space Hulk and then Warhammer 40k. And actully saw Blood Bowl game at a classmates big brother.

I can that publishing and miniature quality has gotten way better over the years. What we the customers or more correct "fans" experince is that GW has gone from an idea to a concept, regards to business. Which means that the decisions in the company is done by business people not gamers, this is a good thing, Gamers are seldom very good to earn money. So the suits keep GW in buisiness, BUT they have forgotten that there customers are "FANS" not milk and butter customers in Kmart.

Which Means that we have more soul into there product, and that they don't understand. We take it personal!

What they should do is to make a "deluxe" version of Blood Bowl like they gave Space Hulk a liftup. I imagine with 4 teams to start with and a high quality (hardcover maybe) LRB6 book in the box, and all kinda deluxe stuff, like two dice sets annd such. I don't really care about the price tag,

£100 for the new version of Blood Bowl Box? FINE BY ME, i dont care, just the content is "space hulk alike".

I see a posibility of the suits doing something for us which also follows there plan of earning money.

-Brian Bergh
worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

NightDragon 2 wrote:I am with you Joe, I seriously hope GW go bust. They have behaved like scum for years and treated their customers like dirt. We don't need them anymore with some very good gaming companies out there who are connected to their customers because they are small. GW are now way to big for their own boots. They are so very different from the company that had one shop in Hammersmith that I used to go and buy minis from in 1979. Such a shame.
Speak for yourself as I don't do internet banking/Pay Pal (don't had bad experiences with it) so I prefer to go in my local GW shop and order on there computer and pay for it in the store... so until I find another place that does the exact same thing, I'm stuck with GW.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

There are independent retailers.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.