LRB 6.0

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Melipone
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Melipone »

Master Wang wrote:Only thing that bothers me is the golem price hike, but it's no biggie.
Yup, it can be hard to argue with stats. But I still agree, 100k was right.

Reason: ''
pixelgeek
Father of TTGN

Post by pixelgeek »

What a charming company.

"We won't produce figs for the game and if someone else does then we're going to take your game away".

My two-year olds don't act this badly.

pixelgeek
Father of TTGN

Post by pixelgeek »

Scalpifig wrote:They refused to make the Slann, Chaos and Underground Pact teams GW Official due to no miniatures but they are willing to make the 'non-GW supplied miniature' Star Players GW Official.
Would it be too much to ask them to be consistent?

grampyseer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by grampyseer »

Chin up ladz!! I, for one, am looking forward to towing the GW party line.

So if some new gamer in our league were to ask me:
"Say chap, do you know what I could use to represent my slann blitzer?"

I'll gladly respond:

" A Mother@#$%ing Baneblade!!" Baneblades make good blitzers, and space marines with jump packs will be awesome catchers!!"

Boromir_of_Gondor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Boromir_of_Gondor »

Nestyr
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nestyr »

Galak,

Many thanks for posting this - at least now we know for certain, and tournaments, etc, can sort out the rules to be used.

It's been a long time coming so kudos to your self and the rest of the BBRC on a job well done (including JJ, of course!).

Cheers,

Nestyr

"Icepelt cannot be my hero, but I wish Games Workshop could".
Pitch Invader
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pitch Invader »

Since I'm in the US, and it seems a lot more of the Blood Bowl action takes place in Europe, especially England, can anyone explain how making some players "unofficial" is in any way a threat or even an annoyance? Does GW run any official events anyway?

It seems Blood Bowl players have been on their own without GW support or interest in this game for a very long time, so this sounds to me like about as threatening as if the Pope told an Atheist he was going to excommunicate him.

Valarauka
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Valarauka »

Wow. Yay for LRB6. And it's neat to see that PassBlock will start working against Dump-Offs - should make for a good counter to the "option play."

As for the cave-at, :o! It's astounding to see GW trying to punish its entire worldwide playerbase if certain companies don't behave the way they want. Such utterly ridiculous and childish behavior ...

Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

Pitch Invader wrote: It seems Blood Bowl players have been on their own without GW support or interest in this game for a very long time, so this sounds to me like about as threatening as if the Pope told an Atheist he was going to excommunicate him.
i do agree on this.
and furthermore, once the LRB6 has been published, i think about thousands of copy will immediatelly be dispatched on the net, so even if GW remove it from there website, it will be technically impossible to delete it completelly. So players will use the definitive lrb6 whatever is shown on the GW site afterward. The only way to achive that is for miniature firms to wait for the lrb6 to be posted (i hope it is matter of days).

And i don't think they can legally attack a firm that produce the miniature of an elf without weapons.

By the way, big UP for all the BBRC that made a great job on the lrb5 lrb5+ and lrb6.
If there were a donation to buy back the rights on Bloodbowl from GW, i would probably put some good coin there.

Ullis
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ullis »

Pitch Invader wrote:Since I'm in the US, and it seems a lot more of the Blood Bowl action takes place in Europe, especially England, can anyone explain how making some players "unofficial" is in any way a threat or even an annoyance? Does GW run any official events anyway?

It seems Blood Bowl players have been on their own without GW support or interest in this game for a very long time, so this sounds to me like about as threatening as if the Pope told an Atheist he was going to excommunicate him.
But adherence to the official rules has been the norm so far and GW has control over those. It's made sense as the rules are pretty good at the moment and even made better in LRB 6.0.

The new teams are a good step in going in the direction of unofficial new rules adopted by the community so I wish we'd see more of that. Getting rid of the stars in LRB 6.0 would certainly help in that.

All that aside, I think GW's just bluffing with the caveat but seeing as I'm not in the miniatures trade I won't be doing anything to call their hand.

worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

Firstly I would like to thank Galak for all his hard work (although the UK GW site still has LRB5.0).

Secondly I have no grudge against GW as they have a walk in shop where I can order BB stuff off a computer within the shop and pay for it there and then with no fuss and it gets delivered to my house (or the store if you choose) within 7 days, so until some of these independent stores get a shop that I can walk into and do this (or better yet buy it in the shop), I guess this is as good as it gets.

BTW All this talk about star players has got me thinking, will GW be releasing Ramtut III again?

valentsigma
Experienced
Experienced

Post by valentsigma »

I think that the best thing that could happen is GW releasing miniatures both for all the StarPlayers and the new teams.

This way, we'll have miniatures representing all of them (players and stars), and, as it has happened, the problem of alternative miniatures would be solved.

Anyway, first, let's wait for the LRB6 to be released and played, and then we'll talk.

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

I get your point, Galak, and I appreciate so much your work.

Can you talk about the changes in LRB5.0+? I'm specially interested in Golem and Chefs, why or how you decide to turn back? LBN (my league) is using LRB 5.0+ and we have golems 100 without any unbalance :wink:

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Follow us also in Facebook...
rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

I have read and re-read the caveat a dozen times now and i keep being drawn to the opening statement

[quote][/quote]

i can't help seeing that gw have noticed the ammount of FF mini companies showing up as a good thing and maybe its time for them to re-invest (almost definatly a small ammount) in BB

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hey Rodders - hope springs eternal :wink:
I agree that specifically mentioning discussions for weeks/months sets a weird timeframe that could indicate that they'll churn out some minis. But I'm just being an optimist.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead