OBBLM - Standings with inter-tournament matches

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Dark Duke
Veteran
Veteran

OBBLM - Standings with inter-tournament matches

Post by Dark Duke »

In our league we have created 2 conferences of 5 players and we decided to play twice with each player in your own group and once with each player of the other group for a total of 13 games of regular season. Until now we were playing all in one big single conferencie and the way I organized OBBLM was having every season created as a division and then creating in each of them the 3 tournaments we play: Regular season (with 10 teams), Playoffs (with just the best 4 in regular season) and Cup (playoffs style with the best 8 teams in regular season). Now, with the split in 2 conferences of 5 teams each, what I did was creating 2 torneys in OBBLM, each one with 5 different coaches/ teams.

The first problem I encountered was when scheduling the inter-conference games, because I was forced to assign it to one of the two tournaments. I thought it wouldn't matter much, but actually it has generated a second larger problem: when we introduce an inter-conferece game, both teams appear on the standings of the conference where the game was assigned instead of appearing each on their assigned conference.

Is there a way of setting OBBLM up, so in the standings only appear the teams assigned to that tournament, including the data of inter-tournament games?

Example:
We have played 2 inter-conference games: Obeliz vs Zulo & Dark Duke vs Kewan. Obeliz and Dark Duke belong to one conference and Zulo and Kewan belong to the other one. However, after introducing the games, all four appear on the same conference (both games were allocated to it):

Reason: ''
Life is short, block fast.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: OBBLM - Standings with inter-tournament matches

Post by lunchmoney »

Watching for reply as this is something I want to do with my locals as well, but held off due to OLBBM not be able to do it.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

As far as I know, no. Matches belong to Tournaments and that dictates who appears in the Tournament standings.
There is a Conferences add-on module for OBBLM (it's included in the install, just needs to be enabled in the settings file) but I don't know what it offers or if it still works with the current version of OBBLM.

Dark Duke
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dark Duke »

Vanguard wrote:As far as I know, no. Matches belong to Tournaments and that dictates who appears in the Tournament standings.
There is a Conferences add-on module for OBBLM (it's included in the install, just needs to be enabled in the settings file) but I don't know what it offers or if it still works with the current version of OBBLM.
Thanks for the hint, I'll see what can I learn about that module. In the meantime, if someone already found a solution, please let us know.

EDIT: It looks like some coaches in Calgary were able to work a solution since they are programmers: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=34977. I'll try to contact them through PM.

Life is short, block fast.