OBBLM Removing Division Ties in League

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Wyzard
Rookie
Rookie

OBBLM Removing Division Ties in League

Post by Wyzard »

Hope someone has some experience with this and can offer a confirmation.

When our league was set up the teams were tied to divisions - which we now know was a bad idea. The Commissioner rolled to our second season on OBBLM by setting up another division. However, teams from the completed season/division are unable to schedule into the new season/division due to the division tie.

There is a spot to remove the tie for the league. What I'm concerned is that if I removed the tie that I will overwrite the league data. Can anyone confirm if removing the tie at this point will or won't screw anything up.

Help appreciated.

Reason: ''
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Re: OBBLM Removing Division Ties in League

Post by Vanguard »

Yes, you can remove the Division Ties safely without impacting any recorded results.
However, bear in mind that when you modify the League it updates the name and location too, so these should be populated. That said, there's a bug and if the League Name is the same as previously, the update will fail. The workaround to this is to modify the league and rename it to a temporary name, then modify it again, rename it back tot he original name and untick the Tie teams to divisions? option. This should leave you with your League, original name in place and Division Ties removed.

Wyzard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wyzard »

Thanks for the help. I've passed this onto the Commish to deal with. (I keep out of the code or system changes...too many cooks in the kitchen rule applies to mucking about in the system. :D )

Wyzard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wyzard »

Posting for posterity that the fix worked.