BYE Weeks and OBBLM--single game league results removal

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Fejwe
Rookie
Rookie

BYE Weeks and OBBLM--single game league results removal

Post by Fejwe »

Hi all,

My league uses Bye weeks whenever we have an odd number of players--if a player does not have a match in a particular week, they have a Bye week like in pro sports--it's a week off, so their MNG injuries heal.

Since there doesn't seem to be a way to manually cancel an MNG, I've been logging all the BYE matches as 0-0 ties. Our points formula is:

//Rule #5
$hrs[5]['rule'] = array('-pts', '-td', '-cas'); // Sort teams against: most points, then most TDs and then most casualties.
$hrs[5]['points'] = '5*[won] + 3*[draw] + 1*[lost] - 1*[smp]'; // The definition of points.

So since I made Sportsmanship Points negative, I can just give both the players in the BYE match 3 SMP, and their overall points standings in league do not change.

The only problem is the tie still comes up as part of the record. So a player that has 2 wins, one loss and has already had their Bye shows up on the "league table" as 2-1-1 at 11 points. I'm just curious if there's a way to make the Bye matches not show up at all in the overall records, so in the above example it'd be 2-1-0 (beacuse the Bye doesn't really count).

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
Tom

Reason: ''
There's no such thing as Skaven.

http://motorcitybloodbowl.org/
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Re: BYE Weeks and OBBLM--single game league results removal

Post by Vanguard »

You could try creating a separate tournament for the Bye matches. It will still clear the MNGs and none of the results will show up in your proper tournament standings. They will however still show up in the overall rankings for Team and Coach.
If that doesn't suit, you can just remove the MNG from the previous match. If it was due to an SI, you can add the Stat decrease via Aging which will apply the modifier without adding an MNG.

Fejwe
Rookie
Rookie

Re: BYE Weeks and OBBLM--single game league results removal

Post by Fejwe »

Thank you, I'll try both those options! I really appreciate the insight.

There's no such thing as Skaven.

http://motorcitybloodbowl.org/