will there be a new release of NafLm as a zip or upgrade ?

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

lobosolo
Rookie
Rookie

will there be a new release of NafLm as a zip or upgrade ?

Post by lobosolo »

I got the Naflm-master.zip up and running a few months back ,but I dont know how the update process works. Do I just wait until they release a new version of the zip file or do I need to use github and pull the latest files over ?

Reason: ''
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: will there be a new release of NafLm as a zip or upgrade

Post by funnyfingers »

There is an official release version and then there is the ongoing development. You installed the ongoing development.

The best way to do it is to download the official release and then wait for them to have another official release. You would then backup your setting files and use the new release. It is a manual process. Once copied over, you may need to run upgrade.php which mainly updates the database tables.

If you are looking to always stay up to date with their master, you will probably run into problems. You have to ask yourself, why am I upgrading to the latest right now. Is there a fix to a problem that has made my league unusable? Is there a new must have feature? Is that new must have feature fully tested?

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

Where is the latest version that got released yesterday? We would like to update all the rosters. Specifically the game_data.xml file.

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Marc, that wasn't a release, it was an update to the naf hosted version. All I did was apply the patch released in February. http://theendzone.co/blog/obblm-patch-f ... stars.html

An update to 1.1 with this and other features is pencilled in for June.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
lobosolo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lobosolo »

Shteve0 wrote:Marc, that wasn't a release, it was an update to the naf hosted version. All I did was apply the patch released in February. http://theendzone.co/blog/obblm-patch-f ... stars.html

did this ever get released ? is there any instructions on how to update ?

Hegel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hegel »

Shteve0 wrote:Marc, that wasn't a release, it was an update to the naf hosted version. All I did was apply the patch released in February. http://theendzone.co/blog/obblm-patch-f ... stars.html

Will this also contain the latest changes to Chaos Pact and Goblins from Death Zone Season TWO ?

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Yep. The release been delayed through lack of people to work on it, but the next patch brings in the dz2 stuff. Still a couple of issues with that, as the new inducements cause headaches that new stars and player changes don't. Several of the modules are also needing to be patched up.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
E99
Experienced
Experienced

Post by E99 »

Great news and thanks for the great work to all the guys who make the updates! If I understood anything about that matter, I would be glad to help.

Crouch
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Crouch »

Hi there !
I guess all people are very busy these days, and I don't want to rush anyone of course.
Just wanted to know if we could expect the new release this summer (before september) or not ?

Just to know if I should apply the patches for new values of players and so on or if anyway the new release will come before the start of the new season :)

Thanks a lot for your help and thanks for the work you do !

ddancer
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ddancer »

Following this, as I've had some problems in installing the current version... :)

Co-Commissioner of the PBBL
Home to the School of Block
http://pbbl.uhearttrollgate.com
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Crouch
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Crouch »

Wonderful news ! Thanks a lot for this upgrade :)

lobosolo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lobosolo »

I think that works on OBBLM but not on NAFLM v1. I was hoping for NAFLM 1.1 or some updated information. this appears to be the last bit of info https://www.thenaf.net/2017/03/naflm-up ... 016-rules/ for a NAFLM update to the latest rules.