NAF OBBLM - turned a rostered player into a Loner

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

NAF OBBLM - turned a rostered player into a Loner

Post by Darkson »

Played a friendly, and a longbeard leveled up for a normal skill.

Using a mobile I thought I'd selected Guard, but the player was shown as having Dauntless.
So left it.

When next on a PC, I selected the player, selected "Remove Ach. Player Skills", and the player, then tried to remove Dauntless.
Didn't work.
Tried it again, and it removed Dauntless (and added the drop-down for selecting a skill) but it's also added Loner to the player and turned it pink for a "used journey".

Now, I've managed to correct it by "hiring" the player as a Journeyman (with attached skill), but I'm unclear how I managed to turn a rostered player into a JM in the first place.

Any ideas?
layer in question: http://thenaf.obblm.com/index.php?secti ... obj_id=849

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Re: NAF OBBLM - turned a rostered player into a Loner

Post by Tim »

I would guess that you forgot to select the upper "OK" after picking the admin task (common user error, happened to me also).

So the admin action stayed on the first one which is "Unhire journeyman", turning a regular player into an journeyman when you select the lower "OK" (even if the player has never been a journeyman, OBBLM does not know this).

In my installation, i renamed the upper button to "Choose action" and the lower one to "Submit change" to avoid this confusion.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

There isn't an upper "OK" on the admin tool.
admin menu.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Ah so they updated it to automatically change the lower part on change of the upper selection. I'm on an much older version.

Maybe you just clicked too fast or hit OK before you changed the action ;)

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup