OBBLM - Display available Starplayers for team

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

HamUmBBL
Rookie
Rookie

OBBLM - Display available Starplayers for team

Post by HamUmBBL »

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if there is a way to display all the available StarPlayers for a certain race with all their values, i.e. their attributes and their skills. In the match report you only find the names, and if you look at the star player stats and click one of the players, you only get their skills. What I'm looking for is something like that: you choose a race and you get a list of all relevant star players with attributes, skills and price.

Is this somewhere "out of the box", or do I have to customize myself? In case of the latter, I'm not too good in PHP/JS...

Bowl on,
Marcus

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Re: OBBLM - Display available Starplayers for team

Post by Shteve0 »

Hey man

Assuming youre using naflm, you can get it for individual teams if you check the 'include inducements' box when creating a new team?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
pauli42
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pauli42 »

HamUmBBL wrote:Hey guys,

I'm wondering if there is a way to display all the available StarPlayers for a certain race with all their values, i.e. their attributes and their skills. In the match report you only find the names, and if you look at the star player stats and click one of the players, you only get their skills. What I'm looking for is something like that: you choose a race and you get a list of all relevant star players with attributes, skills and price.

Is this somewhere "out of the box", or do I have to customize myself? In case of the latter, I'm not too good in PHP/JS...

Bowl on,
Marcus
Moin Marcus,

i did it for the newer teams like Apes. You have to edit the team xml-config, there is a array for the starplayer for every team. They'll be highlighted in the inducement dropdown box.

Just call me for more help (Robert has my number)!

Greeting from Bloodbowl in Hamburg.

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

I'm just about to build this, it's one of the last things to add to my OBBLM installation. i'll do 2 things:

- on the race page (this one), add a box with all star players avaiallbe to the race (+stats/skills), similar to the player positions box.

- redo the star player detail page in my player card design (like this).

The first one should be easy to do and possible integrate in other code version on OBBLM with some effort. So give me couple of days, then i can give you the PHP code. (i have to finish the BB2016 version of Halfling Scribe first).

Edit: just took a look at the code ... there seems to be a complete redesign of the code between V0.8 and 0.9x, so my version will not be simply portable. But i think it's possible anyway.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

I now implemented the feature. This is what you wanted, right? (Box "Verfügbare Starspieler")
http://kurpfalzcup.t-ibe.de/index.php?s ... ces&race=4

This is the file to modify:
https://github.com/nicholasmr/obblm/blo ... tmlout.php

I attached a modified version of that file that should do the trick (with english texts though).
I hope it works, i currently don't have a V0.96 environment to test in, if not let me know.

MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THE ORIGINAL class_race_htmlout.php FILE AS A BACKUP. ´

edit: i found an error, the links under the star names did not work correctly under V0.9x logic. Updated version attached

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Seems there's till a bug in there. I'll provide an update once i set up my local test environment.

Edit:
fixed now it should work. Please also update the translations file in the /lang folder as i added new texts there.
I'll commit this change to the Github in the next days, so it might become a standard functionality soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HamUmBBL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by HamUmBBL »

HERO!!! THANKS A LOT!!!
Tim wrote:Seems there's till a bug in there. I'll provide an update once i set up my local test environment.

Edit:
fixed now it should work. Please also update the translations file in the /lang folder as i added new texts there.
I'll commit this change to the Github in the next days, so it might become a standard functionality soon.

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Finished the star player page in "player card" look (need more star pictures though):
Only thing i want to add is next/previous navigation arrows like on the player details (should be simple).

Example: http://kurpfalzcup.t-ibe.de/index.php?s ... rs&sid=-31

This one is not so easily portable to current OBBLM master as it requires a lot of changes in many files and lots of new CSS styles. I need to check if i can encapuslate this properly.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Fantastic! Would love to see this skin and the changes made available in naflm. PM sent :)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co