Custom OBBLM Core Themes

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Casebolt
Experienced
Experienced

Custom OBBLM Core Themes

Post by Casebolt »

How can I get a custom OBBLM core theme made for our Everett Blood Bowl League (EBBL)?

Www.everett-bbl.org/OBBLM

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Are you looking for someone to build a new obblm theme for you? Or a steer on where to do customisation?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Casebolt
Experienced
Experienced

Custom OBBLM Core Themes

Post by Casebolt »

Hi Shteve - someone to build a new theme. I am ignorant to how much effort it takes, but we do have some league funds for payment.

Casebolt
Experienced
Experienced

Custom OBBLM Core Themes

Post by Casebolt »

A steer on would also work.

ddancer
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Custom OBBLM Core Themes

Post by ddancer »

Hey there Shteve0,

Is there a good resource for sorting out how to make the themes yourself? Or a guide on modifying them? :)

I'd love to update our site, with the new season rolling around.

Co-Commissioner of the PBBL
Home to the School of Block
http://pbbl.uhearttrollgate.com
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Not so much I'm afraid.

We moved css customisation to the front end in naflm, so if you've not already upgraded I recommend trying it out. css can now be customised directly in the league preferences administration menu.

If you right click on your page and get an option to 'inspect', modern browsers allow you to tinker with css 'live' (under sources, iirc) but only for your view, and only until refresh. If you find a setting you like, then you can copy and paste it directly into your css override section to apply to the site.

Sorry I don't have more time right now :(

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
ddancer
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ddancer »

No problem - is there a quick upgrade bit of information I can find to upgrade to NAFLM? :)

Thanks again for the direction to go!

Co-Commissioner of the PBBL
Home to the School of Block
http://pbbl.uhearttrollgate.com
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

You can made tons of changes by just editing the CSS file:

To understand the stylesheet options, you can play around in your browser console (F12 in most browsers) and even test new looks there without changing it on the server.
Select an element of you page and rightclick -> Inspect, this will open up browser dev tools and point you to the HTML definition of the element and the various styles that affect it's formating. Start playing around, you can change style options, deselect them, add new ones. Just don't hit a link or refresh the page ... it will all be gone. If you like something, copy it to your stylesheet on your webserver to permanently change the look of the side.

In V0.8, coaches could assign a stylesheet of their liking, not sure if this is still possible. If yes, this is great for testing without affecting the look of the site for anyone else. I created a new coach in the league and assigned stylesheet2, Now i started playing around with stylesheet2 to create a new look. When i was done you can either change to default stylesheet to 2 or rename stylesheet2 to stylesheet1 so everyone get's the new look.

Sometimes you are missing classes in the base HTMLcode to get to the look that you want. This is where it gets tricky, you need to change the HTML output then to attach your formating options. This means you need to understand where the HTML element is generated (mostly in the several _HTMLout classes) and modify it there.

Took me 3-4 weeks to get familiar with it and i knew very little about HTML, CSS, PHP, Javascript (i have some programming background though), but it's definitely worth it. Lots of fun and rewarding outcome.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup