OBBL questions

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

fechik
Rookie
Rookie

OBBL questions

Post by fechik »

I am new to this and have a small understanding of coding so I thought I could do this...

I think my first question is.. In the League Preferences Administration page. It will not let me choose/change anything. The selection boxes for initial treasury and language are grayed out and won't let me select anything. I will let me input text in the Rules and Welcome box but not the league name box. the OK button is also grayed out and unable to be selected.

I have created and deleted a few leagues to test things out and learn the system. At one time it let me do all the things I say it won't let me do now. I don't know what changed that caused it.

second,
I've input match data for a couple of games but the on the home page that say "recent dead" or "skills" are not showing any players or skills

Any help would be appreciated.

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Link please? I'll take a look.

First thoughts are that you're not logged in (strange that you can see it) or that you need to set up a fresh tournament in order to make your selection. Or if you have no active leagues, then that could be it - it can't save league preferences if there's no entry to save against.

The tournament you choose in the league admin panel drives which boxes are displayed on the front page; it drives the division and the league. So you need to set that first before seeing dead and injured etc.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
fechik
Rookie
Rookie

Re: OBBL questions

Post by fechik »

Thanks for the reply.

I am logged in. I have a league (I believe its active) I have league, division, and tournaments set up. and am at a loss.

www.dribbl.obblm.com

I only have one league, and it the one chosen but it's still not showing dead players or recent skills.

Thanks again.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Can you try again now please?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
fechik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fechik »

Just did... still the same...

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Cool, I need you to go to Admin -> OBBLM Core panel please, and run the four tasks in order.

Once that's complete, we need to make sure there's a leagueprefs table (it should have created after you installed or upgraded), and that there's an entry for league ID 5. If there's not, or if you don't know how to do that, try creating a new league now and see if that works (I ran your update script remotely, which I don't think I should have been able to do, so we may have discovered a bug there at least!)

fechik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fechik »

YAY! The league prefs page works now! I did not know where to find a League prefs table so I created a new league and now it's working.

It's still not showing dead players or skills... but maybe because there haven't been games played in the new leagues yet.. I'll work on that soon.

Thanks a bunch!

fechik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fechik »

::edit::

I don't know what I did. But I think I sorted it out...