OBBLM redirect failure?

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

OBBLM redirect failure?

Post by Talarius »

Hi OBBLM experts,

My OBBLM site http://www.babbl.obblm.com isn't working all of a sudden. I get the following message:

"The page isn’t redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

This isn't a problem with cookies and I've verified with other league-mates that they're seeing the same thing.

I was working on adding a custom team roster to the game_data.php file, but I can't imagine that would take the entire site down! I was about to synchronize the game data after making changes when I discovered the site wasn't working properly any more.

Any ideas on what would cause this kind of redirect problem and how to fix it?

Thanks!
Dan

[Edit: I am doing research into fixing redirect loops, but I don't see an .htaccess file on my site. I've also submitted a support ticket with MercuryVPS. It's dangerous being a noob. My webmaster skills are pretty much zero]

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I had this once when I accidentally copied a whole webpage from github into a php document, rather than just the code I wanted. If you can trace the last file you worked on and make sure it's clean before and after the php wraps that might help.

Failing that, you've done the right thing contacting funnyfingers (the guy behind mercuryvps.com) - you couldn't be in a better pair of hands.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Re: OBBLM redirect failure?

Post by Talarius »

Thanks for the help, we're back up and running. It turns out the roster I tried to add to the game_data.php file was the culprit after all, so I reverted to the original. Puzzling, as it looked to me like everything was correct, but I'm certainly no expert!

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

What roster were you trying to add?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

It's a Deep (Sea) Ones roster one of my players has come up with; sort of vaguely Apes-of-Wrath. He's even had RN Estudio sculpt a mini for the Crabman. The MercuryVPS guy is looking over the code, but here's what the roster itself looks like:

0-2 Sharkman 6/4/2/8- Frenzy, Juggernaut
120k Skill access- SG
0-2 Anemone Diver 6/3/3/8- Hypnotic Gaze, Regen
90k Skill access- AG
0-2 Octopusman 4/4/2/8- Tentacle, Extra Arms
90k Skill access- SG
0-16 Fishman 5/3/2/8- Two Heads
40k Skill access- G
0-1 Crabman 4/5/1/9- Thick Skull, Side Step, Claw, Wild Animal, loner
140k Skill access- S
Re rolls: 60k
Normal access to coaching staff(cheerleaders..etc)
Normal acces to 'Doubles' skills(no Mutations)

same Star Players as Lizardmen

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Ah, okay. Is that Moraiwe's one? Sounds vaguely familiar. Either way, like I say, Will's the right man for the job, I'm sure he can set you straight!

Good luck!

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

I'm not sure where it originated from (I'll find out Wed.). Will's definitely on the track, thanks again! :-)

Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

Not my roster. Though I've seen it on Seaside Blood Bowl League.

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

Moraiwe wrote:I've seen it on Seaside Blood Bowl League.
Yep, the Seaside league is about an hour away from us, so our player brought his custom roster over. He's got a binder full of rosters from 2nd edition and custom rosters off the internet (mostly from Tom A.).