How to upgrade old OBBLM?

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Casebolt
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Casebolt »

Gents -

I am trying to upgrade my OBBLM for the Everett Blood Bowl League to the newest version. (www.everett-bbl.org/obblm). I have an older version 0.91 and when I go to http://www.everett-bbl.org/obblm/upgrade.php) to upgrade, I see that 0.91 is the latest version I can go to. However, I have read that it goes up to 0.98 or around there.

How do I upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi Jason

I suggest upgrading to 0.91, then to NAFLM 1.0. It's under active development and instructions for the update are included in the documentation provided with the download package.

http://www.thenaf.net/2016/06/naflm-off ... lease-1-0/

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Casebolt
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Casebolt »

Shteve- i just read the documentation but I am still confused. To "upgrade", do I do a new install of NAFLM ? What happens to my old OBBLM team/player data?

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Hmmm. No, there should be a section on upgrading near the back?

All your data is saved, with the notable exceptions of your rules page and your localsettings. Always take a backup first :)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Casebolt
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Casebolt »

I found it. I uploaded the files (and deleted the old) and such. When I run www.everett-bbl.org/OBBLM/install.php - I just get a blank white screen. Same for running /upgrade.php. Any fixes you can think of?

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Re: How to upgrade old OBBLM?

Post by Shteve0 »

No, there shouldn't be an install.php file in the upgrade zip...?

You shouldn't delete your own files, just overwrite. You may have deleted your settings file by mistake. I suggest restoring your backup, and overwriting rather than deleting.

Casebolt
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Casebolt »

It's up and running - thanks sir

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Great news :)