OBBLM - can´t schedule match for specific team

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Hegel
Experienced
Experienced

OBBLM - can´t schedule match for specific team

Post by Hegel »

I have a strange problem in OBBLM. For one specific team, when I schedule a match, I can´t enter any data in the match report, all fields are greyed out. Tried different opponents - no change. Tried scheduling matches from different accounts, including root - no change. Tried al the database stuff in core panel - no change.

It works fine for other teams.

OBBLM version : NAFLM 1.0
OBBLM site : http://www.bomfur.de/obblm
Match report : http://www.bomfur.de/obblm/index.php?se ... t&mid=1253

Any help is welcome !

/edit
When I look directly at the database entries in matches table, I can´t see a difference between working and non-working matches either.

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Re: OBBLM - can´t schedule match for specific team

Post by Shteve0 »

The link you posted has been deleted. You've not made it easy to help you because you haven't linked the team ;)

I assume it is handle with care. In which case the pink colour is the give-away - you cannot log a result while decisions on the journeymen from the previous game are pending.

When you go to log a result but can't, a message should appear at the bottom with words to this effect.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I've checked, and the error message is there on this page:

http://www.bomfur.de/obblm/index.php?se ... t&mid=1254

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Hegel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hegel »

Do I have to fire the journeymen after each match (or hire them a permanent team members) ? This would be different compared to the older versions of OBBLM.

pinkskink
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pinkskink »

yes, each player has to fire the journeyman they choose not to hire. Yeah, its kind of a pain in the butt, but its totally how the rules work. I kind of makes sure each player is managing their team "the right way." Our players have gotten very creative on how to name these repeated journeymen. We now have an award for most creative journeyman name for the season at the request of the players.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Ah, I wasn't aware it was a new feature, or I'd have included it in the documentation. I guess it was introduced by one of the contributors, though could have been done before we forked it, or not sure how I missed that.

Hegel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hegel »

Just to sum it up, I did release all journeymen and re-hired them. After that doing the match report was no a problem any more.