Little Army Designer - export format

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

littlearmydesigner
Rookie
Rookie

Little Army Designer - export format

Post by littlearmydesigner »

Hi

I would like to know if you will be interested to have some new options in Little Army Designer to save your teams:
  • in html format to play them with a PBeM client,
    in the right format to import them in OBBLM,
    in FUMBBL,
    for anything else ?
It's the right time to speak :)

Reason: ''
Crematoria
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Little Army Designer - export format

Post by Crematoria »

Yessssss Absolutely!!!!!!

If you can create a way to import in OBBLM format it would be fantastic.

I use many times your site to create Cockerel for tournament
and it's very very cool.

Also possibility to create a single player because i saw in Obblm a bug: if a player is injured
with new rules you can't change its state in DB. So it should be cancel and insert a new player
and trick with SPP etc.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

GJK
Experienced
Experienced

Post by GJK »

We use your Little Army Designer all the time for the VASSAL Blood Bowl (VABBL) by exporting to PDF. We can then just copy/paste the names that are generated and number according to the numbering scheme on the PDF...it works great.

I would think that exporting to HTML would be your next feature as League sites could copy that code for the League websites.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

We are currently running the Herman Team Bowl paperless, apart from the rosters. What about an Export by E-Mail to the tournament organizer or another way to submit a roster to belong with a certain tourney

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

Thank you for creating Little army designer for Blood Bowl. I could use JSON or CSV output from little army designer.

While the everyday league management part of the system the league I am in is fine, creating new teams is a drag. I would be able to implement an import function to the software if you gave me a way to access team data. JSON, CSV or even HTML without a javascript requirement would work.

stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stowelly »

Thanks for keeping up with development on this! fantastic tool.

I have noticed recently that whenever I create a team I get the following error

"
Warning: the language used to create the team is not the one currently selected for display Little Army Designer. The displayed information may be wrong. It is advisable to change the language and reload the team."

cant seem to see any reason for it, as I keep it in English. I always select the NAF variant of teams if thats anything to go on

as for the PBEM export. might be useful? I recently wrote an exporter for OBBLM to export teams into the format the PBEM client accepts though. and im not sure if anyone other than NTBBL uses this tool any more?

if there was a way of exporting builds in a format that you could load the FUMBBL test client with that would be amazing for testing tournament builds!!